[2.1] Sossaman's Mjolnadin – strongest while cheapest mjolner? [Video added]

"
What do u think about these gloves?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Repentance

Really nice suggestion!

While if you are using Voll's Devotion in conjunction with Kingsguard, with only two rare-items left you will have a hard time capping resistances.

But if you don't have Voll's, then Repentance are really strong gloves.
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 5, 2016, 7:07:35 PM
In my setup no way i can wear those gloves cos res go down. Maybe if i use purity of elements but then u lose life too from rare gloves.
The passive tree isnt working for me. help :/
I have two questions.

1) Has anyone tried blade vortex (with or without cyclone) instead of molten strike. I know blade vortex builds power charges extremely fast and might be a more consistent procing ability than molten strike?

2) I think i already know the answer to this but im going to ask anyway (yeah im that guy). I already have a 5l lightning coil from my reaver in Tailsman. I'd sure love to adapt this build to use it but it seems it would be more of a overhaul than a an adaptation. The only way to make up the resists to me would be to drop Doedre's and a blasphemy curse. Freeing up a much needed ring slot to make up for the lightning coil's negative. You wouldn't need the alpha anymore and maybe you could then run Repentance in the gloves or Devoto's in the helm slot? or maybe the obvious answer is to just get lightning res on all my jewels and leave the build alone . . . . lol

Hob
Last edited by Hobben on Jan 7, 2016, 9:25:17 AM
"
Hobben wrote:
I have two questions.

1) Has anyone tried blade vortex (with or without cyclone) instead of molten strike. I know blade vortex builds power charges extremely fast and might be a more consistent procing ability than molten strike?

2) I think i already know the answer to this but im going to ask anyway (yeah im that guy). I already have a 5l lightning coil from my reaver in Tailsman. I'd sure love to adapt this build to use it but it seems it would be more of a overhaul than a an adaptation. The only way to make up the resists to me would be to drop Doedre's and a blasphemy curse. Freeing up a much needed ring slot to make up for the lightning coil's negative. You wouldn't need the alpha anymore and maybe you could then run Repentance in the gloves or Devoto's in the helm slot? or maybe the obvious answer is to just get lightning res on all my jewels and leave the build alone . . . . lol

Hob

1) Mjolner only procs socketed lightning-spells for hits dealt by Mjolner, so Blade Vortex (which is a spell) doesn't work, unfortunately.

2) First of all, by using Lightning Coil, you are obviously losing the Kingsguard-Voll's-combo-mechanic ('gain 100 life when an Endurance Charge expires or is consumed'). If you don't have Voll's, this doesn't matter, of course.

Second, if you are using Lightning Coil, you may want to use Purity of Lightning (to get your lightning-res to 84%), anyway? Then you would lose one aura, but should have no problem capping lightning-resistance.

Any of those three options (free up ring-slot / get lightning-res on jewels / use Purity of Lightning) seems fine and viable. So if you want to adapt Mjolnadin to Lightning Coil, just go ahead. :)

You may try this calc, if you want to figure out the effect of Lightning Coil: https://jsfiddle.net/1qpx41wm/4/embedded/result/
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 7, 2016, 12:15:51 PM
Few questions. What is the average dmg of your discharge when charges are up. say like 7 charges or so. Just wanna know to compare to another idea of a build. Also what is your max life like around lvl 90 with the HC tree? Jwing. I have a similiar build that I was going to do without vaal pact(not sure how needed it is since kingsguard) that has similair armor stats but lacks all the bonus auras of course!

So I wanted to compare some numbers and make sure damage and hp will be close enough to validate the extra auras. Also using Iron will instead of life leech since not using vaal pact which is another reason id like to know the average damage because I feel like single target dps will be a little low compared to other idea and im worried that iron will might be manadatory! Thanks for feed back!!
"
Hobben wrote:
I have two questions.

Hob

I'm using Lightning Coil until I get my hands on Voll's.

My gear :

Spoiler

My tree :

3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Heya, I just switched at 60 into my build only missing my Deodres Ring and a Voll's now but Im finding it hard to Leech much life back despite massive amounts of procs on discharge and arc. Should I switch to a warlords curse or just stick with pots for now till m damage becomes high enough for the 2% leech to be enough?

Edit: While fighting Kraityn I was seeing next to no leech at all.
Last edited by ProfessorCookie on Jan 8, 2016, 12:37:35 PM
"
Heya, I just switched at 60 into my build only missing my Deodres Ring and a Voll's now but Im finding it hard to Leech much life back despite massive amounts of procs on discharge and arc. Should I switch to a warlords curse or just stick with pots for now till m damage becomes high enough for the 2% leech to be enough?

Edit: While fighting Kraityn I was seeing next to no leech at all.

You can try using Warlord's Mark in addition to the life-leech-gem, of course, but be aware that e.g. map-bosses have 60% reduced curse effectiveness against them, so Warlord's Mark would in this case only give additional 0.8% life-leech.

Also, I'm doubtful whether switching to Warlord's Mark would be more effective, since you will lose either Temp Chains or Enfeeble and therefore receive considerably more damage.

I would suggest you simply stick with Panicked Life Flasks until your lightning-spells are levelled high enough to fuel your life-leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info