[2.1/2.2 WIP]Belton's In Depth Hidden Potential Caustic Arrow Guide. 35k+ DPS Atziri/Ubers/HC Viable

"
Nice build!
Quick question: How are you capping resists? From your linked talisman gear you appear to have around 100-ish resists. Where does the other 35-40% come from?

18% from talents the rest from gear (also had some of jewels prior to getting it perfectly on gear- not needed anymore, though)
"
Belton wrote:
It should be the red pathing. If one of the levelling trees is showing the blue pathing it's because I'm on vacation and doing this from my phone so I must have misclicked-which tree is that under? Will fix it. Thanks for catch!

The 3 leveling guide passive trees have the blue pathing.
"
eketroe wrote:
"
Belton wrote:
It should be the red pathing. If one of the levelling trees is showing the blue pathing it's because I'm on vacation and doing this from my phone so I must have misclicked-which tree is that under? Will fix it. Thanks for catch!

The 3 leveling guide passive trees have the blue pathing.

Okay thanks. Must have clicked too many ahead and it auto picked those as fastest route. Will edit when I get a chance- thanks!
Why wouldn't you use Poison support gem on Essence Drain instead of slower proj?
IGN: Brain
"
Brian2one0 wrote:
Why wouldn't you use Poison support gem on Essence Drain instead of slower proj?

The same reason you don't use it with caustic arrow- it wouldn't do anything.

All poison damage is chaos damage but not all chaos damage is poison damage (this is why they renamed poison arrow to caustic arrow)
Very nice build :) made some changes for myself and using a unique gloves "Winds of Change" +48%projdmg and "Rigwald's Quills" +31%projdmg + fork [beautiful arrow rebound] and a Goldrim [still no helm with proj dmg :(]

Level 72 ~14k cloud dps with 7 frenzy charges

gear cost about 30c
Last edited by grukhan on Dec 31, 2015, 10:51:59 AM
"
grukhan wrote:
Very nice build :) made some changes for myself and using a unique gloves "Winds of Change" +48%projdmg and "Rigwald's Quills" +31%projdmg + fork [beautiful arrow rebound] and a Goldrim [still no helm with proj dmg :(]

Level 72 ~14k cloud dps with 7 frenzy charges

gear cost about 30c

Awesome man, glad that you are enjoying it. There are definitely places where you can take some liberties with gearing- one of my favourite things about playing caustic arrow.

Assuming you're using hidden potential at some point I would suggest dropping winds of change soon- much of our survivability comes from our mobility
And the -10% move speed on the gloves is really a big hindrance, it will also reduce your clear speed quite a bit. Also with magic
Gloves you'll get a big chunk of res and life to boot, at the loss of some damage (keep in mind you'll be getting 25% from hidden potential for using a magic piece)

Otherwise though looks like you're moving in the right direction! Best of luck going forward
Update:
Will be back from vacation on January 6th. Will do a full update and edit (fixing levelling trees)'when I return then.
Doing this in TSC right now. Sitting at 17.4k cloud and 4.7k hp at 77 with Kaom's. Res capped without Purity of Elements. Using an Inertia jewel and a 30 str node to make the str req for Kaom's. It was definitely worth the 400 dps loss for almost 900hp (will go up more with levels)

Last edited by Smoketreez on Jan 2, 2016, 5:05:31 PM
"
Smoketreez wrote:
Doing this in TSC right now. Sitting at 17.4k cloud and 4.7k hp at 77 with Kaom's. Res capped without Purity of Elements. Using an Inertia jewel and a 30 str node to make the str req for Kaom's. It was definitely worth the 400 dps loss for almost 900hp (will go up more with levels)

Wicked! Glad it's working out for you. If your deciding to not run a secondary 5/6 link set up
(Essence drain) this is definitely one of the stronger options. Pathing to the left from master of the arena towards the scion life wheel should also help with the strength requirement quite a bit-to do so just connect at the south by golems blood instead of on the right side as I have it now. Taking 1 point in a 30 strength node is definitely okay but I would try to avoid using any strength jewels if possible as the opportunity cost there is quite high. Best of luck going forward!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info