[2.1/2.2 WIP]Belton's In Depth Hidden Potential Caustic Arrow Guide. 35k+ DPS Atziri/Ubers/HC Viable

I don't know if it's meant to apply more damage to the chaos damage per second in the tool tip, but when I take out/re-add my conc effect gem in my links with CA, I don't actually gain any numbers in the tool tip. Is it meant to work like this or is it a bug of some sort?

Also great post, very helpful!
"
I don't know if it's meant to apply more damage to the chaos damage per second in the tool tip, but when I take out/re-add my conc effect gem in my links with CA, I don't actually gain any numbers in the tool tip. Is it meant to work like this or is it a bug of some sort?

Thanks!

This is intended- the wording on the skill interaction is finicky with area damage since it's a projectile attack and then into an area attack- don't worry though, despite it not showing up on the tooltip it does work.

If you check out the "calculating caustic arrow DPS" or the "what is max possible damage output" section it mentions that there
"
Belton wrote:
"

Thanks!

This is intended- the wording on the skill interaction is finicky with area damage since it's a projectile attack and then into an area attack- don't worry though, despite it not showing up on the tooltip it does work.

If you check out the "calculating caustic arrow DPS" or the "what is max possible damage output" section it mentions that there

Ah okay, thanks again!
"
Lyromai wrote:
Really nice guide, thanks for taking the time.
Loving how I can reliably level with Caustic Arrow from scratch.

I was wondering where you'd cut for more life for an Hardcore variant or if you would go with the tree as is.

Cheers.

Thanks pal!

For HC I would suggest just filling out the scion life wheel, to obtain this with current level you could either start as a scion and just drop the beginning section of shadow (the hybrid/ phys % nodes) or possibly cut some of the damage from the northern end of the tree- these areas are incredibly efficient however in terms of damage, but not 100% necessary for most content as our cloud damage is high enough already for a majority of high end maps and atziri.

Alternatively you could drop the piercing cluster and lose some utility with drill neck (or just not use drill neck at all), and reinvest those points - doing so would also allow you to get life % on another jewel (in lieu of poachers aim)

As a final option, keep it as is and wear kaoms or belly of the beast instead of a magic chest. To obtain the necessary strength just grab master of the arena and path towards scion life wheel that way instead of the dexterity side.
"
genina wrote:
Good Job mate! I will give it a try :]

Sounds good dude, let me know how it works out!
Hey Belton, lovin the build so far. Going to test out a 6l chest with ED-VM-RD-Emp-CD-Contagion. Slower proj is great, but when it comes to ed, i really only find myself using it on atziri. I feel like I can increase trash clearing speed by a lot in ubers/t13+s by using contagion as well. Gunna try it, I'll let you know hwo it goes.
"
zazey wrote:
Hey Belton, lovin the build so far. Going to test out a 6l chest with ED-VM-RD-Emp-CD-Contagion. Slower proj is great, but when it comes to ed, i really only find myself using it on atziri. I feel like I can increase trash clearing speed by a lot in ubers/t13+s by using contagion as well. Gunna try it, I'll let you know hwo it goes.

Sounds good man! Let me know how it works out.

Glad you're enjoying the build!

Why does the passive tree use the blue circle pathing rather than the red circle pathing?
Nice build!
Quick question: How are you capping resists? From your linked talisman gear you appear to have around 100-ish resists. Where does the other 35-40% come from?
"
eketroe wrote:

Why does the passive tree use the blue circle pathing rather than the red circle pathing?

It should be the red pathing. If one of the levelling trees is showing the blue pathing it's because I'm on vacation and doing this from my phone so I must have misclicked-which tree is that under? Will fix it. Thanks for catch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info