[2.1/2.2 WIP]Belton's In Depth Hidden Potential Caustic Arrow Guide. 35k+ DPS Atziri/Ubers/HC Viable

Both my empowers deranked to level 2 sadly.

But, yeah feels good with ED. Just started using a +1 arrow Drillneck, extra coverage is pretty nice.

Thaks for the extra information and confirmations of stuff.
Vulnerability is a %more multiplier because it doesnt affect you, it's a debuff on the enemy.
"
popperqt wrote:
"
Belton wrote:

First, Vulnerability has a MUCH lower relative return now then it did previously (in 2.0 we got 310% increased damage on our tree with 3 more multipliers- it is now possible to get over 500% on tree and we run 5 more multipliers) This means that while the static damage gain of Vulnerability is still equal- its relative increase is much much lower. If you had 300% before, and you add 33%, its about an 11% net increase, whereas now if you have 700-800% total increase, that same 33% is only about 3-4%. That being said, it is still the best curse. As a secondary one, enfeeble, temp chains, etc are all viable defensive options.

Vulnerability is a MORE multiplier, not an increased. While the wording says "Cursed enemies take X% increased damage" it does not increase your damage, but increases their damage taken - thus it is a more multiplier. That means if you have 700-800% increased damage Vulnerability nets you a relative 21-24% damage - increased relative to enemies that haven't been cursed.

Thanks for the catch. Will edit this when I get home. Still would use it regardless but that wording needs to be changed. Thanks!
Fixed. Apologize for error- doing this from my phone amidst holiday festivities definitely shouldn't have let that slip through. Will go over numbers /
Wording when I get to a computer and do an edit.
You could aim for leo's ring and belt if it doesnt fuck your res.
Anybody have any comments on wither + spell totem? Is it not worth the 2 slots for the extra damage? It seems to be pretty useful on bosses.
Great job with the guide. Any chance for leveling trees?
"
arherter wrote:
You could aim for leo's ring and belt if it doesnt fuck your res.

Leo's damage mod is a prefix so it would be at the expense of 79 or 99 life, so it's not worth it (with HP that is; would be BiS for a non HP build)
"
Reisak wrote:
Great job with the guide. Any chance for leveling trees?

Yeah definitely, I've just been jumping house to house for the holidays so I haven't had an opportunity to get down to them yet. Will definitely be added in the near future
"
Windrose wrote:
Anybody have any comments on wither + spell totem? Is it not worth the 2 slots for the extra damage? It seems to be pretty useful on bosses.

I've heard pretty good things about this combination- definitely something I will check out in a few days.
Travelling south with the woman for the next week or so, so I wont be able to do any in-game testing until I'm back, but will let you know how its worked out once I get the chance to test it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info