[2.1]Righteous Fire Blade Vortex, aka The Thermomix™ Hc/Atziri viable, 6k+ hp

Ah just on question why do you use added fire for blade vortex?
"
myROCK555 wrote:
Ah just on question why do you use added fire for blade vortex?

Because currently it gives more damage than controlled destruction as i was still leveling the gem. Once i switch to EE i will drop it completely.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
I personally have been giving some consideration to added chaos damage just to prevent reflect from being a thing on my phys caster, but I'm not 100% on added fire / added chaos / controlled destruction. I love CD up to this point, but just wondering if branching out would benefit chaos or fire, or sticking with cd.

Just random thoughts.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
DevilsmilE wrote:

I am planning on dropping added fire on BV and later using controlled destruction for better scaling with vulnerability, also to have the ability to proc EE with leapslam(Only bosses need the extra damage). For the same reason i am not planning to use hatred as it would be just too much reserve for what little gain i would receive in return, EE would raise the monsters cold resistance and it wouldnt benefit from vulnerability. Vitality is just not necessary and i believe it is a lackluster aura which doesnt worth 35% reserve at all. Herald of thunder and ice are great in theory for proccing EE but since i am already going to proc it with Leap slam they are truly lackluster with BV-s 15% damage effectiveness. In the end, the safest bet is to use that reserve to have our bread and butter curse there for maximum safety.

How are you planning to proc EE with Leapslam? Add Added Cold Damage and make it a five link, or replace one of the other gems?

Second question: Once you have both EE and RF: what about Added Cold Damage to replace the Added Fire Damage in the Blade Vortex attack? Why drop Added Fire Damage completely instead of replacing it with something else?
(note that I'm a noob, and haven't tested anything of what I write here)

@Lemnis
Leapslam is a weapon skill, so any cold or lightning damage on gear will make it proc EE.
Just make sure you don't have any fire damage on gear.

If we use elemental damage on BladeVortex, it will proc EE (it "hits" twice per second per blade), so I think BV should avoid the Added Fire gem.
In fact any element you add to it, will be resisted after the first blade hits for the first time, so I think we should avoid any elemental damage here (we could use it to proc EE for for RF damage, but it would be better to increase it's damage in other ways).

I was thinking about adding Poison with BV:
- It stacks as many times as you want, so it goes well with many fast hitting blades
- It's a degen, so it benefits from degen nodes on the tree, and from the Vulnerability curse
- It's a duration effect, so it also benefits from the increased duration gem and nodes.
- It's chaos damage so it's rarely resisted
- It's non elemental, so it doesn't mess with EE

Reserving mana for Blasphemy bothers me, so I also want to find other ways to curse.
One way is:
- Cast when damage taken (low level to proc often)
- BladeVortex (low level, for CWDT)
- Curse on hit
- Curse X (high level, not supported by CWDT but should work with the BV+CoH)
- if we have more links for some reason, we could add: increased AoE, increased duration, a second curse, added cold/lightning to proc EE, or culling strike+rarity
The disadvantage here is that the AoE is smaller than RF and the main BV and it's not always up.
It means it should be used with your damage-increasing curse (vulnerability).
I still think Blasphemy is better, but hope someone can make it work better...
Oh, and it's an idea for support chars- apply many debuffs just by being close
Last edited by bestdnd on Jan 5, 2016, 11:12:43 AM
i want make this build at HC but only with Blade Vortex do you think can be viable for 75+ maps? i will have 800str from whole gear+tree and 5l
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jan 6, 2016, 1:49:43 AM
"
i want make this build at HC but only with Blade Vortex do you think can be viable for 75+ maps? i will have 800str from whole gear+tree and 5l

Hy, the build is rather weak after 50-60 with only blade vortex, there is simply no reason not to use RF at this point. Righteous fire provides immense damage boost to blade vortex which translates to more leech from warlords mark. Not using it will cut your dps by roughly 75% which, the longer you take to kill something the bigger danger you are in.

"
bestdnd wrote:
I was thinking about adding Poison with BV:
- It stacks as many times as you want, so it goes well with many fast hitting blades
- It's a degen, so it benefits from degen nodes on the tree, and from the Vulnerability curse
- It's a duration effect, so it also benefits from the increased duration gem and nodes.
- It's chaos damage so it's rarely resisted
- It's non elemental, so it doesn't mess with EE

Reserving mana for Blasphemy bothers me, so I also want to find other ways to curse.
One way is:
- Cast when damage taken (low level to proc often)
- BladeVortex (low level, for CWDT)
- Curse on hit
- Curse X (high level, not supported by CWDT but should work with the BV+CoH)
- if we have more links for some reason, we could add: increased AoE, increased duration, a second curse, added cold/lightning to proc EE, or culling strike+rarity
The disadvantage here is that the AoE is smaller than RF and the main BV and it's not always up.
It means it should be used with your damage-increasing curse (vulnerability).
I still think Blasphemy is better, but hope someone can make it work better...
Oh, and it's an idea for support chars- apply many debuffs just by being close

Hy, the main problem is that poison truly needs the right side of the tree to be efficient. We indeed have some degen, we also have vulnerability and duration nodes, but these are all outclassed by a single poison noteable in the right side of the tree, hence the reason why we chose not to use poison. The damage is negligible and we are exchanging it for a support that could potentially give 30% More damage(which is once again, provides more leech too unlike poison).

Concerning Blasphemy warlods mark, even though it is my personal opinion i strongly believe that there are simply no other reserves that are as beneficial as this one for us. As i have stated earlier in this thread i have found other means of curse application somewhat lacking, making the build have troubles here and there.
The main problem i have found with Cwdt Warlords mark is that whites and weaker enemies die faster than we could take damage. This results in us not getting endurance charges and when we encounter, for example, a powerful crit grappler pack, we wont even have time to remedy this issue, placing us into potential danger.
Curse on hit Blade vortex inc duration might work, but my main gripe with this was that it forces us to recast a CoH spell instead of casting another stack of our main Blade vortex, resulting in slower clearspeed and a little bit less leech.

But as i have stated earlier if you feel you would like to find another way to curse, feel free to do so, but i cant really help you in this regard as i have already tested and found these inferior to my liking.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 6, 2016, 8:40:19 AM
You should add as a note that a lvl 17 purity of fire (to get +3 max fire res) is required to run RF without degenerating HP. I just realized this as I got to 65 and wanted to try RF, and it would've been nice to know earlier in order to level PoF in advance.

EDIT: Even with a lvl 17 PoF i seem to be ticking down in my HO, am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by Laxnnn on Jan 7, 2016, 6:12:57 AM
"
Laxnnn wrote:
You should add as a note that a lvl 17 purity of fire (to get +3 max fire res) is required to run RF without degenerating HP. I just realized this as I got to 65 and wanted to try RF, and it would've been nice to know earlier in order to level PoF in advance.

EDIT: Even with a lvl 17 PoF i seem to be ticking down in my HO, am I doing something wrong?

You can remedy the issue with the lv17 pof with simply grabbing a +1-2 sceptre.
As for why you are degenerating i believe you have not taken all regen nodes just yet, but if it is minor then you shouldnt really worry about it, i have a few videos up while i have constant degen yet it doesnt really bother me at all due to the leech wmark provides.

If you still have issues, hit me up ingame and we find a way to solve it.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 7, 2016, 11:57:58 AM
I've just switched to Elemental Equilibrium and it boosted the clearspeed immensely, especially the taking down of bosses. Piety and Dominus now melt in seconds while I stand there facetanking and laughing at them - and this with rather mediocre gear.

Here's my current gear and tree for those who are interested (Lvl 75):

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEB3APuBLMFLQYOCfYLYQxfEuEUIBhWGS4aOBo-HKcdvicvJ-0o-ikuKU8t0i5TMZ4zhzrYOuE8BTwtPfxBh0d-U6VXDVeUWGNfP2EhZKNmVGhlaHRo8nTtd-N5aHy4gseDX4PMhNmE74V7kFWRzpSglmyYrZo7n9-iAKLqplepbq2Nr2y3Pr02wGbBBMRYxPbGrsbYz37Tb9R81abYvdlh2mLawew47TzvDu988B_xrPIv8kXzm_ZI-ej-Cg==?accountName=Ceincaled&characterName=EmbracedByBladesAndFire

Gear

It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info