[2.1]Righteous Fire Blade Vortex, aka The Thermomix™ Hc/Atziri viable, 6k+ hp

"
CainDarkk wrote:
would someone ... post his passive tree, can't view the old one and don't remember how it went.

His video shows his skilltree on 2.1; I've recreated it, adding the Chieftain skills as well:

111 point skilltree

Looks like a fun build.
I'm working on a Poison-BV Flicker Trickster, myself, but it'd be fun to play with fire!
Probably a lot less squishy, too.
Last edited by Syldonnis on Mar 16, 2016, 5:04:22 PM
Just found the video guide today, but thank you very much!

Now I'm kind of considering the auras:

PoF, Warlords, Vitality = Tanky, Leech it's all included, but we will already generate endurance charges with Chieftain, sooo instead of Warlords - Vulnerability for 'double' damage boost - RF and BV but then only leech would come from Doryani's Belt, not sure if it would be enough)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#aULGHMJd/dDyIlrth/9b
(this all assumes you grab some aura passives)
BUUUUT it would be kinda cool to squize in 1 or 2 more things like Hatred or a second curse... any ideas? :D

scratch the 2 part, just one more thing would be cool...
(yes i did count the sockets in the alpha howl's wrong... corrected now, still should work)
Last edited by CainDarkk on Mar 20, 2016, 4:28:25 PM
I use Vulnerability, and it works great with BV and Poison.
It should work even better with the BV/RF combo.
Just be sure to not sacrifice too much defense while ramping up your offense (You'd be giving up life and mana leech along with the endurance charges).
Ramako only gives a 10% chance on kill, so YMMV. I use Blood Rage for a 25% chance of Frenzy charges on kill and find it is sometimes low, 10% might not be enough.
Hi
I wanted to do a RF build in Perandus and chose this one as BV seemed a lot of fun to do while the enemy is burning to a crisp.
I am at lvl 71 and my build is pretty solid, though it lacks armour and life. It´s not as tanky as it can get.
Here is my tree

Skill tree at lvl 71 with 4 Ascendancy points used

There are some redundant points spent on int and dex that could be regained by better equipment and I just saw that Iron Reflexes would boost my armour considerably. I wasted some points at the scion starting point to get access to 10% increased area of effect as I wanted the biggest radius I could get. Thats why I used carcass jack as well (bought an exa from Cadiro for 1000 coins which paid for a nifty 5l version of it).
I use Windscream boots to dual curse the mobs. Warlords via Blasphemy and Vulnerability on hit by way of leap slam.
In the future I want to get some more gear with more life (gloves, belt and rings). I use Doon Cuebiyari but the new Singularity sceptre is cool as well. It nets you a nice aura effect and hinders enemys.
Using flicker strike to get to mobs faster instead of leap slam is also cool but unfortunately it´s not AoE, though melee splash would help with that I guess.
"
Kutte wrote:
Using flicker strike to get to mobs faster instead of leap slam is also cool but unfortunately it´s not AoE, though melee splash would help with that I guess.

It's not AoE, but when you jump with Flicker, all of your BV blades seem to hit the new mobs at once. I put Melee Splash on my FS, but honestly, Flicker is a way to hit faster with BV, not a main attack. Pair Flicker with Blood Rage for constant jumping.

So it should have the same perks for this build: Reach a new group of mobs faster with your RF and BV.

The big downside to running Flicker Strike is the rapid demand for Frenzy charges, and a need for additional life regen to compensate for Blood Rage's 4% of max life and 4% of max energy shield constant drain. I'm thinking about trying Shield Charge as my movement skill for a RFBV build, but Leap Slam's a good one, too.
Does anyone know whether elemental overload works with burning damage from RF?
The new ascendancy enchantments have made proccing elemental equilibrium much easier.

My current build at level 77 is: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRAdwB5wPuBLMFLQYOCfYLYQxfE6UUIBhWGS4aOBo-GlUcpx2-IWAm8ycvJ-0o-ikuKaUt0jOHNug62DwFPC09_ECgQYdGt0d-U6VXDVhjXz9hIWSjZU1mVGhlaHRo8nTtdPF673y4ggeCm4LHg1-DzITZhO-Fe5BVkc6WbJitmjuezZ_Ln9-iAKLqpzCtja9stz65fr02vqfAZsRYxPbGBMauxtjPftIh02_UfNi92WHaYtrB7DjvDu988B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI-ej-Cg==

I think I have got most of the relevant items:

I am thinking about switching my helm for a Black Sun Crest (once I save enough to buy a really good one).

I am sitting at 6000 health, 8000 armour and around 1200 strength.
Last edited by Chalkemort on Mar 20, 2016, 2:29:39 AM
"
Chalkemort wrote:
Does anyone know whether elemental overload works with burning damage from RF?

It should work. Spell damage does not increases RF dmg, BUT fire damage, burning damage AND elemental damage also increases the righteous fire damage!
Last edited by maugli2 on Mar 20, 2016, 10:11:24 AM
Another Tip: use the new support gem 'elemental focus' with RF instead of Concentrated effect for mapping.
So: Rf - inc.burning dmg -aoe - Elemental focus for mapping.
For bosses : RF - incr.burning dmg - Elemental focus - concentrated effect.
No mercy
I wonder if Templar/Inquisitor might be a viable option for this. Since you stand still and spam blade vortex frequently, Consecrated ground might be an interesting direction.

Going that route you would get:
20% elemental damage
1% life regen

20% chance to create consecrated ground when hit and on kill.
30% increased damage on consecrated ground
immunity to status effects on consecrated ground

Of course, Consecrated ground is 4% life regen per second, which is great. Could even justify using a sulphur flask.

From there you could take Augury of Penitence for 20% elemental damage and some elemental damage reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info