[2.1]Righteous Fire Blade Vortex, aka The Thermomix™ Hc/Atziri viable, 6k+ hp

Have you ever tried a Righteous fire marauder?
Were you disappointed with how many map mods it cannot run?
Did you not like the passive gameplay?

Then, i present you,

Pros:

-Incredibly tanky
-Cheap
-Can run -max, vulnerability, -20,40% regen, shocked ground(Can only handle one of these at a time, except shocked ground)
-Great clearspeed
-Easy leveling
-Can roleplay a mixer

Cons:

-Getting enough dexterity and intellect might be though
-Curse immune monsters
-Chaos damage(High budget will solve this)
-Thorns(Atziri Dual striker is included!)!!!Very Dangerous!!!
-Kaom's Heart is not optional

The main idea behind the build is to remedy the issues with righteous fire without creating too many new ones. With the addition of Blashpemy and Blade vortex(which suprisingly shares the size of RF) we can finally spice up our good old RF marauder and create something new to play with.
Blasphemy Warlord's mark aura combined with selfcast Blade vortex provides not only additional damage, but incredible sustain due to the way leech works. Since BV hits so many times each second the leech provided by it is equivalent to having Vaal pact without the downsides. The same mechanics enables us to cast a 4-6link Blade vortex solely based off of mana without any additional investments into it.
If this wouldn't be enough we also have the incredible synergy between RF and BV due to the More spelldamage multiplier on the former, the fact that both are getting boosted immensely by one curse(Vulnerability) and as i have mentioned earlier, they share the same aoe size(Which is rather fancy looking in action).

Leveling:

First and foremost, forget all the other guides that recommend you getting, searing bond, flame totem, or whatever boring skill you have been using before 2.1. It's time to try Blade Vortex.
The skill is incredibly efficient for leveling and it requires almost no damage investment to make it blast trough content.

A very basic 30 point skill tree for early leveling looks like This
It's recommended early on to take Versatility to cover the stat needs of Blade vortex and other int based skills, and if necessary there are also 30 int/dex nodes in reach.
Once you manage to get blade vortex at lv12 this is how Link progression should go:
(Faster casting will be upgraded to Echo at lv38).
Upon finding a 4L it is recommended to start using

Even though it will be only the sixth link in endgame it is superior to iron will during leveling due to the lack of Strength.
This setup should take you to merciless with only having to buy a 5link, preferably a chest but if you are poor a staff is just as good(They are really cheap, few chaos at most).
An Example:

Mana sustain might get problematic around lv30-35 and this is where the fifth link comes into play, we can either use reduced mana combined with Rallying Cry or simply use a

Around lv 50 the tree should look like This
By The time you get here Blade vortex should start doing high enough damage to sustain your mana with Blashpemy+Warlords mark.
From here on we focus on grabbing the life nodes around duelist and grab most of the missed noteables which we ignored while leveling.
At lv65 we need a

which will enable us to use Righteous fire(Suggested links are shown in the RotP)
Our tree should look like This to be able to run RF without losing HP. Purity of Fire is also getting picked up to help us manage the degen.

Bandits:
Normal:Oak(40 Life is just too good.)
Cruel:Either Oak or passive depending on whether you value hp or physical damage.(I personally went with Passive)
Merciless:Oak(7 Total Endurance charge is great.)

Level 80 Passive skill tree.

Level 90 Passive skill tree.
Level 100 Passive skill tree.
Gear and suggested links:

Weapon:

Even though this slot can be any decent sceptre with spelldamage and cast speed, Doon is hands down best in slot with out high strength and the additional link provided by it. Thanks to our huge health pool we can use a max level Cast when damage+Taken Molten Shell which provides us with both offense and defense.
Shield:

Self explanatory, it let's us run Righteous fire.
Chest:

Personally i am using a Carcass jack for the increased area of effect, but any 5link rare chest does the job with HP, Armour/Evasion, Resists, and preferably Str/Dex.
I'm using my main skill here, Blade vortex supported with Added fire(Once you get Elemental equilibrium drop this, and use Controlled destruction instead), Iron will, Spell Echo and Increased Area of Effect(Can be swapped for Concentrated effect for bosses)
Helm:

Any rare with high health, some resists and attributes fit in here, strength is preferred as it provides as with both hp and damage. Might be smark to pick up a STR/ES piece here to save us the cost of coloring 3 blues to be able to use Righteous Fire, Increased Area of Effect, Concentrated Effect and Increased burning damage.
Jewelry:

These slots are serving a few purposes, we are getting our second curse on either an amulet, or a doedre ring, and also our missing resistances from the rest. Try to get strength for the above mentioned reasons too. I have a little bit of cold damage(Lightning works aswell) on one of my rings which enables me to use Elemental Equilibrium in conjunction with Leap Slam to boost the damage on my Righteous fire. Make sure to avoid any kind of flat fire damage as it would raise the fire resist of the monsters you hit with Leap Slam.
Belt:

A good rare with as much hp and strength as possible with whatever resists are needed for cap. Flask duration and flask charge gained modes are generally helpful, try to look out for these.
Gloves:

Another piece where we can get our missing attributes, the same goes here, as with other rares, Hp, resist, and needed resists and attributes. We are using Both Abyssal Cry and Rallying Cry, which i will explain later in detail, they are supported with Increased Duration and Increased Area of Effect
Boots:

Try to prioritize movespeed here, with the same rules for rares as with the others. I use Leap Slam combined with Curse on Hit Vulnerability here.
Flasks:
+

We need at least 2 non instant flasks with remove curse effect since a few curses can be very dangerous to us due to running RF, it is recommended to get a surgeon's of Ruby flask. The rate at which Blade Vortex hits provides us some with a great way to gather extra charges even if our critical strike chance is very low. The Quicksilver and Sapphire flasks are entirely situational and come down to your personal preference. I usually swap my Topaz to Sapphire on Necropolis Marveil for example.
Jewels:

We have a few jewel slots which will provide as a great source to fill the gaps in our gear, i personally use Intellect/Dexterity/Health/Area damage Jewels, but generally they are there to help us meet requirements early on and improving our health/damage later with better gear.

Skill gem explanation:

Our 5/6Link is the following:

and the 6th link is either

depending on whether you prefer burst or sustained damage. Once you get Elemental equilibrium dont use added fire altogether! Use the other 6 gems stated above to keep blade vortex from triggering +Fire resistance.

For bosses where the damage is unsatisfactory it is a good idea to swap out Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated effect as it gives a huge damage boost without increasing the manacost.

4l:
Using 2 War cries might sound dumb, but in practice, it fills a gap in the build. For bosses and Curse immune monsters Rallying cry provides great mana regeneration coupled with a decent damage boost, while on the other hand, Abyssal cry boosts our clear speed immensely. Just run into a pack, use AC and watch them explode.
4L:

Picked up leapslam, and put vulnerability CoH here to save a few slots and solve the mobility issue, with this change i can now run a Dousing Eternal life flask which serves as a great "OHSHIT" button. Since we are also picking up elemental equilibrium at lv90 i felt that this skill was perfect for applying the negative resistances aswell. We just have to make sure we only have some added cold or lightning damage on our jewelry/gloves while also avoiding any kind of flat fire damage at the same time.
3L:
This is one of the greatest additions to the build, as it provides us with damage and leech when we are the most vulnerable. Having Flame golem here also frees up an active skill slot, not to talk about the pain of resummoning your dead golems are now things of the past.
3L:

Blashpemy+Warlords mark are the build makers, since blasphemy does not affect Purity of Fire these are placed in our shield.
4L:
Used to run Righteous fire without concentrated effect, but the additional damage is great to trigger Abyssal cry in higher maps, so in one of our 4 links we are using a traditional RF setup.

Video Guide
Screenshots

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9E3lmMmmjs First atziri try with the build, wanted to keep it as raw as possible to show the weaknesses of the build, i ignored my very own advice and killed myself twice on the trio dual striker's fire thorns.
Will add a deathless version later.

https://youtu.be/1Rr7w62k_qY First Rigvald try, level 66, nothing special, sweet loot at the end.

https://youtu.be/NsVfXFrGeb8 Terrace map, -9 max resist and burning ground, pretty easy map but showcases how the build sustains itself.

https://youtu.be/PPwf1yOQht0 Arid Lake map with my upgraded gear, -40% Regen.

Special Thanks to, Kwitch for giving me tons of awesome ideas and for Tarath who helped me making the banner.

-I'm open for suggestions and overall feedback.-
-If you have a question message me ingame or leave a post down below.-
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 22, 2016, 9:44:10 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2016, 6:46:11 AM
NICE GUIDE. VIDEO m8?
"
heesh wrote:
NICE GUIDE. VIDEO m8?
he'll be making videos with low regen and other rf nono maps :D
First Atziri attempt added. Tried to keep it as raw as possible.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Build looks solid as hell. I have a few things you might wish to try out or consider:

1. Drop a hp flask and roll up a Ruby of Dousing. It serves as the best way to gain a massive heal on a RF build. Use it like a panic button, not for general hp restoration. Dont forget to turn RF back on afterwads!

2. That RF is absolutely screaming to be put on a 4 link setup. Concentrated effect is your best option here for the extra damage output. Carcass Jack provides pleanty of AoE increase on its own, so it's worth dropping a small amount of it to gain more overall damage output.

3. Change your BV setup so it curses Vulnerability for you. Yes, this would mean dropping Increased AoE and Added fire damage, but that's okay! Concentrated effect (the one that you should put on your RF), nets more damage output increase than added fire does on BV, and the Increased Aoe really isn't essential. The curse on hit Vulnerability would remove the need for your current 3-link self cast setup, saving you sockets and time, without any major drawbacks. With the 6-Link on your chest piece, you would add in your second curse, also removing the sockets you currently use with yoru blasphemy setup, and freeing up your mana for a better cause...

4...Hatred. Run PoF and Hatred as two auras to make better use of your mana. This will increase your damage output on BV and let you use the best thing, by far, that ever happened to RF builds...

5...EE. Oh my god elemental equilibrium is so damn good for RF. With hatred and the rapid BV attacks, everything you touch will immediately become 50% weaker to your RF burn.

6. A nice use of some of your spare sockets the above changes would give would be to slam on Leap Slam with faster attacks, just to give you a bit more mobility inside and outside of combat.

We had a little chat ingame earlier about a RF build i played that was similar to yours, with very similar outcomes. I believe that if you try out the changes i suggested here, between us we shall become the kings of RF builds!

All in all, this is awesome use of BV and RF. It's a great synergy and it performs really well. Good job on the Atziri kill!

~Krayz
Last edited by KrayzFatman on Dec 27, 2015, 1:06:55 AM
"
KrayzFatman wrote:
Build looks solid as hell. I have a few things you might wish to try out or consider:

1. Drop a hp flask and roll up a Ruby of Dousing. It serves as the best way to gain a massive heal on a RF build. Use it like a panic button, not for general hp restoration. Dont forget to turn RF back on afterwads!

Thanks, im already trying that!

"
KrayzFatman wrote:
2. That RF is absolutely screaming to be put on a 4 link setup. Concentrated effect is your best option here for the extra damage output. Carcass Jack provides pleanty of AoE increase on its own, so it's worth dropping a small amount of it to gain more overall damage output.

You are absolutely right, when it comes to atziri i should definitely work out a 4link setup for my RF, the build was more optimzied for mapping and i just bought a midnight to do a quick first run, after all i claimed it's atziri viable. I will try to work out a swap setup for a 4L RF, though i prefer having maximum aoe for mapping.
"
KrayzFatman wrote:
3. Change your BV setup so it curses Vulnerability for you. Yes, this would mean dropping Increased AoE and Added fire damage, but that's okay! Concentrated effect (the one that you should put on your RF), nets more damage output increase than added fire does on BV, and the Increased Aoe really isn't essential. The curse on hit Vulnerability would remove the need for your current 3-link self cast setup, saving you sockets and time, without any major drawbacks. With the 6-Link on your chest piece, you would add in your second curse, also removing the sockets you currently use with yoru blasphemy setup, and freeing up your mana for a better cause...

The reason i emphatize damage on BV instead of utility is that the build is really made by Warlords mark leech if i drop too many supports to ramp up the damage of RF i end up not leeching enough and lose the trademark of the build, the fact that it sustains itself even in anti-RF enviroments. I am planning to grab leap slam and use it with CoH to cast vulnerability.

"
KrayzFatman wrote:
4...Hatred. Run PoF and Hatred as two auras to make better use of your mana. This will increase your damage output on BV and let you use the best thing, by far, that ever happened to RF builds...

While the idea is great, i cant pull it off just yet due to the lack of mana pool after hatred, i am planning to grab a higher level Enlightement, Conqueror's Efficiency or perhaps an Alpha's Howl. This part is still being worked out as i progress with the character.
"
KrayzFatman wrote:
5...EE. Oh my god elemental equilibrium is so damn good for RF. With hatred and the rapid BV attacks, everything you touch will immediately become 50% weaker to your RF burn.

For the same reason, when i can afford to run hatred and manage to have a stable warlords mark going, i will definitely switch to EE, but for now i the losses would outweight the gains.

"
KrayzFatman wrote:
6. A nice use of some of your spare sockets the above changes would give would be to slam on Leap Slam with faster attacks, just to give you a bit more mobility inside and outside of combat.

Awesome advice, i was lacking movement anyways!

"
KrayzFatman wrote:
All in all, this is awesome use of BV and RF. It's a great synergy and it performs really well. Good job on the Atziri kill!

~Krayz

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
I saw the guide and used a respec on an old melee Marauder to test it out. Really enjoying it so far. I'm mostly using your tree with tweaks here and there to gems to make use of what I had lying around:

Spoiler

I had tweaked the tree a little to play with EE. I used to run Herald of Thunder to proc it using BV but had mana sustain issues fairly often, so right now I'm using Added Cold in a 6L. Really wish I could slot in Hatred but I don't really want to swap to CoH either. I'd rather not lose the stats in my helmet to try an Alpha's either.

Still playing around with gear and gem slots, just wanted to say thanks for the concept :)
"
Volren617 wrote:
I saw the guide and used a respec on an old melee Marauder to test it out. Really enjoying it so far. I'm mostly using your tree with tweaks here and there to gems to make use of what I had lying around:

Spoiler

I had tweaked the tree a little to play with EE. I used to run Herald of Thunder to proc it using BV but had mana sustain issues fairly often, so right now I'm using Added Cold in a 6L. Really wish I could slot in Hatred but I don't really want to swap to CoH either. I'd rather not lose the stats in my helmet to try an Alpha's either.

Still playing around with gear and gem slots, just wanted to say thanks for the concept :)

I am glad that you liked it, i am posting a few updates today, also uploading another video with -40% regen. I really like that helmet choice, will be playing around with EE aswell to see how it turns out, but as of now i cant really make a few choices due to gear/currency limitations.
Added three new videos. Updated gear section with suggested links.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Dec 29, 2015, 5:46:02 AM
You know I love the build, ran it to 75 in testing trying to make it auto, but it's dang efficient and strong as is.

+1 for a good guide and a good build, definitely fun to play.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info