[2.1]Righteous Fire Blade Vortex, aka The Thermomix™ Hc/Atziri viable, 6k+ hp

Very awesome and thorough answers guys, thanks!

I was able to fix my dps issue, roughly doubling my tooltip damage, and my hero plays much better now. Looking forward to turning on RF in a level or two! :)

*Edit* I RIP'd to a giant Sedition pack. gg lmao. :(
Last edited by Rybaka on Dec 30, 2015, 2:36:35 PM
so i just started out and started act 2 (normal) with blade vortex. (Which isnt available for marauders btw) and my question is, or rather, could you comment on the "gameplay" ? it seems a bit annoying to cast blade vortex over and over again to get high stacks of blades for decent dmg combine this with "you can not move while casting blade vortex" ..

I know i am just at the start of this build but you wrote one could level with it. But atm i am casting 5-6 stacks and head out but have to stop after a very short time to recast blade vortex
"
so i just started out and started act 2 (normal) with blade vortex. (Which isnt available for marauders btw) and my question is, or rather, could you comment on the "gameplay" ? it seems a bit annoying to cast blade vortex over and over again to get high stacks of blades for decent dmg combine this with "you can not move while casting blade vortex" ..

I know i am just at the start of this build but you wrote one could level with it. But atm i am casting 5-6 stacks and head out but have to stop after a very short time to recast blade vortex

Getting the duration nodes near scion and grabbing an increased duration will smoothen up the gameplay by a lot. Early on it feels a bit annoying recasting 5sec blades but when you reach 10sec or so duration in addition to having spell echo, it will feel a lot better. Though, most of it comes down to personal reference, a few of my friends cant stand it at all no matter how you build it, play around with it and decide whether you like it or not.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
"

The build definitely needs those act 4 gems to 'feel' right, and doesn't start being fun until then. I didn't like it at first either, and struggled to make it an auto-build with 'comk' or 'coc' at first... but the damage just wasn't there... self-casting, it is.

Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Fantastic Build! I ran it up to ~70 so far in Talisman with little to no complaints. I concur that Spell Echo really makes this tick.

Another advantage of this RF build, and RF builds in general, is that, besides Carcass Jack, the items required to initiate RF successfully are about 3C total, where I splurged on a near-perfect Rise and spent 2C.

Awesome, awesome build. Love the BV / RF synergy. Of note: I've found that, as currently configured, I don't quite have the life regen I would like (still working on a few items) and as such, simply "turn off" RF with a dousing flask, become tanky, and face-roll those high DPS rares and uniques / bosses that can be a challenge to survive. Another option that may not quite be fully elucidated during the leveling process.

Also of note: it would be good to point out the importance (perhaps several times ? ) of ACTUALLY LEVELING the BV skill. I found a single +dex item could be worth 10 to 20 % DPS and corresponding life drain at lower levels.
"

It starts to work really well as soon as you get Spell Echo and Increased Duration. I put that in a Lifesprig and that carried me well into the late 50s where I got myself a 5l Armor for 1c.

Another idea for the build:
Since Blasphemy doesn't support two curses (which sucks really bad -.-), it is more convenient imho to set up a Curse on Hit setup with CoH - Leap Slam - Vulnerability - Warlord's Mark

The free mana could then be used for
1.) Hatred (with a little investment in reduced mana reservation) to greatly push our physical damage
2.) Herald of Thunder/Ice to proc Elemental Equilibrium (works just without added fire damage in our BV setup though :/)
3.) Vitality

Could that work?
It's hard to cast a spell with a blade in your throat, eh Witch?
"
Ceincaled wrote:

Another idea for the build:
Since Blasphemy doesn't support two curses (which sucks really bad -.-), it is more convenient imho to set up a Curse on Hit setup with CoH - Leap Slam - Vulnerability - Warlord's Mark

The free mana could then be used for
1.) Hatred (with a little investment in reduced mana reservation) to greatly push our physical damage
2.) Herald of Thunder/Ice to proc Elemental Equilibrium (works just without added fire damage in our BV setup though :/)
3.) Vitality

Could that work?

I have already played around with the idea and this is the following conclusion i came to:
Leap slam is already supporting Coh vulnerability With faster attacks!, i would lose quite a bit amount of mobility which would in result in a slow down for the whole build, also would make it less safe against atziri where leap slam is just such great addition.

Since you have 60-70% chance to hit, warlords mark would often fail to apply. In many cases you are killing so fast that you have no time to use leap slam at all, resulting in you not getting those precious endurance charges when they would matter the most.

The main reason the build is so tanky is the combo of blasphemy and warlords mark, any kind of curse on hit application would make the build less safe as warlords mark's constant presence is invaluable. For example, curse immune maps are absolute cancer since i am completely reliant on it.

I am planning on dropping added fire on BV and later using controlled destruction for better scaling with vulnerability, also to have the ability to proc EE with leapslam(Only bosses need the extra damage). For the same reason i am not planning to use hatred as it would be just too much reserve for what little gain i would receive in return, EE would raise the monsters cold resistance and it wouldnt benefit from vulnerability. Vitality is just not necessary and i believe it is a lackluster aura which doesnt worth 35% reserve at all. Herald of thunder and ice are great in theory for proccing EE but since i am already going to proc it with Leap slam they are truly lackluster with BV-s 15% damage effectiveness. In the end, the safest bet is to use that reserve to have our bread and butter curse there for maximum safety.

Truth to be told, if someone has a different idea about how to solve something in the build, he should definitely try to do so, as it is you who are playing and it should be optimized for Your needs. The build i have presented is simply my way of fun.(Though i put plenty of work into this, and im rather proud of the result, thats why i felt sharing it would benefit others aswell ;) )
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Last edited by DevilsmilE on Jan 2, 2016, 10:38:23 AM
Hi,
Really like your build and currently tring it out
Thanks

Video guide soon plz!!!!!!
Hello,

first of all thanks for the Guide!

I started playing POE after a very long brake and i miss a lot of stuff, like some gems and all the jewels.

But i got all needed items like Phoenix Shield, a unique for a second curse and so on...

My fire resistance is at 84 % and i reg around 580 life per second at ca. 5,3k life.

Now my question: When i turn on Righteous Fire i die in like 8-10 seconds. Can i only survive when i leech life or should i be able to run it while just standing around? And how do you cast vulnerabilty, i never saw you using leap slam in your video or did i miss something?

Sorry for the dumb questions :)
Last edited by Endwon on Jan 3, 2016, 8:44:13 AM
"
Endwon wrote:
Hello,

first of all thanks for the Guide!

I started playing POE after a very long brake and i miss a lot of stuff, like some gems and all the jewels.

But i got all needed items like Phoenix Shield, a unique for a second curse and so on...

My fire resistance is at 84 % and i reg around 580 life per second at ca. 5,3k life.

Now my question: When i turn on Righteous Fire i die in like 8-10 seconds. Can i only survive when i leech life or should i be able to run it while just standing around? And how do you cast vulnerabilty, i never saw you using leap slam in your video or did i miss something?

Sorry for the dumb questions :)

Hy, i think the main problem is that your purity of fire is still low level, it gives 4% max fire resist at max level which would get you to 88% fire res. If you are not using purity of fire at all, then get it immediately.
Righteous fire degens 90% of your life per second which would result in 4770 degen per second.
If we reduce that by 84% to count your resists we end up with 763 degen per second, basically you are missing 180 hp regen. If you were to have 88% fire resist you would degen 572 hp per second, barely putting you in negative due to the fact you also have some ES from rise of the phoenix. The main problem here is that the balance of sustaining Righteous Fire is so delicate that seemingly insignificant changes make or prevent the build from happening.
I recommend getting a +2 fire gem sceptre for the time being as using a lv18 Purity of Fire in this piece would result in you getting that 4% additional max resist you lack to sustain RF.

"
Endwon wrote:
Hi,
Really like your build and currently tring it out
Thanks

Video guide soon plz!!!!!!

Im working on it, but currently i didnt have much time at home and at work, while i was able to play, i could really use a headset which prevented me from getting it ready. I think it will be up in a few days, a week at most.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info