Recent Community Questions Answered!

1. Does "30% less Attack Damage" on multistrike gem affect poison damage?

2. Does "10% less Damage" on spell echo gem affect poison damage?

3. Does "Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage" on point blank affect poison damage?
Last edited by steinlagoonzard on Dec 22, 2015, 9:46:45 PM
"
Sylverstarr wrote:
Not quite related to poison or talisman but can we get a gifting function for MTX? I wanted to gift my bro some winter boxes for christmas, but the only way to do so now is to log onto his account and buy them there. (That´ doesn´t really work for surprises....)

This! it would be fun to be able to buy something little for your PoE friends since xmas is coming.
Last edited by Therier on Dec 22, 2015, 12:53:34 PM
"
CMOS4 wrote:
I know it was asked several times, but I am still a little confused about the answer. I am using Ethereal Knives and have linked it with Poison. I have chosen to increase the damage of my EK by using Spell damage, Physical damage, and projectile damage nodes.

Now my understanding was that poison will do 10% of the damage of the actual hit. So the number it is using to calculate the poison damage is based on the EK damage that was increased using SPELL DAMAGE nodes + physical increases + projectile bonuses. Is this correct? Several times you answer that spell damage does not affect poison damage unless specifically stated.

I am unsure as to whether you are actually referring to "double-dipping", which I take to mean that some of the bonuses (specifically physical, DOT, and projectile mods) are being applied a second time to the poison DOT. In this case, SPELL DAMAGE increases do NOT multiply the poison damage a second time...although technically they did increase the damage of the EK upon which the poison damage was initially calculated.

Do I have it right?

Basically that.

There's two parts to the damage formula: the initial hit and the poison modifier. By default, the poison modifier is 0.1 (10%) for 2 seconds. Increases to spell damage may increase the initial hit (if it's a spell) but won't affect the poison modifier, whereas an increase to chaos damage may increase the initial hit (if the initial hit deals chaos damage) and will increase the poison modifier.
Does Wand damage double dip with poison, or only Projectile damage does?? considering "wands" are projectile and wand damage only refers to the projectile hits.
Ok here is my first post !

Why any casual hype everithing and ggg nerf all builds to hell
Did you not realize if you dont want RMT that with those senseless nerfs you just provocate it ? Did you not realize it makes not fun to make plan by plan step by step a build and spend alot of Time to make a good build ? For example :

I played an dual totem build (Flametotems) spended so much time for finaly malachai Kill.
And what you do ? nerf it .. but why ?
Do any monster report ohhh op here op there ?
No they aint !
Its the pvp nerding what destroy any build.

If you want make realy changes so remove any op item on Legacy state !
New Players i saw are frustrated and without carry they never reach act 4 merciless.

So tell me Bex chris and co ? whats the point of this nerfing ?
the point is a beautifull game to make it better to hell !

It makes no sence to keep this straighting, cause it ruines the lust of your players.
So whats the point ? I spended money for the stash tabs and make this game beautifull before to my hobby. and i spended my money with pleasure cause you deserved it !
then you start nerfing everything what we play.

so tell me the true what is the point ?
i dont belive it to make the game better. it was good.
realy good. then pvp start ant with them this casual flamming of non legacy players.

May not every guy say that he is pissed about this. so i start it now.
if you love your customers and deserve the donates for your work.
SO DONT DESTROY IT !

nerf here nerf there and we keep try and try. till we end to do this.

So here is the realy needed changes !

Exalt ! if you realize and look for poe trade there are prices who no one can buy it !
300 ex for an item (this is insane). but i realize with high irr and iiq (legacy) that an exalt is droping may 2 times in a week ! so push up the exalt to destroy this mafia prices !

Legacy Items !
Just remove it ! why ? go in an pvp standart league and you get owned by legacy items.
so you think the gems must be nerfed. no its the god damn legacy items who need being rided off ! and if you not belive me. go to youtube and watch streamers. not like ziggy no he is an good one and dont use any mirrored shit so he play as me serious ! so the streamers use legaacy shavronnes. es = 9k +. legacy items provocate many players who i talked to them to start RTM ! on 3rd party websites. FINE right ? that what you dont want chris and co, thats exactly provocate the players to do it.
so remove it to make a real ballance ! or it comes to rich against poor ! and this is not fair !

Example ! 300 Ex mirrored Legacy rolled dagger or vall ragila with 800 es !
is this normal ? not it aint !!

Uniques !
with an list of droped uniques on high mf i realized that some uniques are non needed ! but they are still in game. so the real needed you pushed up and make t1 uniques more nonrarer.
but on high mf i dont realize the changes ! not in group not in solo farm.

why not every player gets the right to play with pleasure.
i dont talk about me. i just talk about this ones who hold his mouth and try try try without good results.

I can spend money for your work but in this moment i start regret my donations.
mo matter payed is payed but i can say if this horror continues, i will be not the only one who say ok here is stop !

thanks for listening and think about your customers who cares about you !
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
"
Why does Wither not increase the damage of Essence Drain DoT?

Wither increases the damage something takes, which is different to the damage the skills deal, and thus will not affect the life regeneration granted by Essence Drain. The Essence Drain effects continue to deal the same amount of damage regardless of Wither, so regeneration won't change, but the monster will take increased damage due to the effects of Wither making it more susceptible.

Could you please clarify this as it doesn't make that much sense. From my knowledge the Essence Drain damage over time is considered Chaos Damage and in the last Q&A we saw this;

"
"..as Chaos Damage Per Second" - does this means that Increased Chaos damage nodes increase produced poison damage?

Poison deals Chaos Damage over Time, so is affected by increases to Chaos Damage, Damage Over Time, and Poison Damage.

This means that Chaos damage nodes increase the damage of Chaos DoTs, but the 7% increased Chaos damage taken from Wither, according to the first answer, does not increase the *dps* of the skill.

I believe the question is worded wrong and should be 'Why does Wither not increase the regeneration of Essence Drain DoT', which would make sense, but the question states that the enemy will not take more damage from Essence Drain when affected by Wither.
"
Dragol wrote:
"
Why does Wither not increase the damage of Essence Drain DoT?

Wither increases the damage something takes, which is different to the damage the skills deal, and thus will not affect the life regeneration granted by Essence Drain. The Essence Drain effects continue to deal the same amount of damage regardless of Wither, so regeneration won't change, but the monster will take increased damage due to the effects of Wither making it more susceptible.

Could you please clarify this as it doesn't make that much sense. From my knowledge the Essence Drain damage over time is considered Chaos Damage and in the last Q&A we saw this;

"
"..as Chaos Damage Per Second" - does this means that Increased Chaos damage nodes increase produced poison damage?

Poison deals Chaos Damage over Time, so is affected by increases to Chaos Damage, Damage Over Time, and Poison Damage.

This means that Chaos damage nodes increase the damage of Chaos DoTs, but the 7% increased Chaos damage taken from Wither, according to the first answer, does not increase the *dps* of the skill.

I believe the question is worded wrong and should be 'Why does Wither not increase the regeneration of Essence Drain DoT', which would make sense, but the question states that the enemy will not take more damage from Essence Drain when affected by Wither.

Wither increases the damage the MOBS TAKE from Essence Drain, NOT the damage that Essence Drain ITSELF deals.. So yes, Wither increases the Damage, but not directly on ED [so as to affect the Healing portion.]

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Is it possible to use Item Rarity support gem with the Contagion + Essence Drain combo? If so, are you supposed to link it to Contagion or Essence Drain?

There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

I have a question regarding IIQ/IIR (Magic Find) using Essence Drain; if I swap gear while there is a DoT on the enemy to gear with more IIQ/IIR will it use the new amount or the initial amount of the hit that applied the DoT?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 22, 2015, 12:57:11 AM
For contagion does increased AoE, increase the AoE of the initial cast and the casts after that? It currently seems that when monsters die they don't benefit from the increased AoE only the initial cast does, is this right?

Also for contagion, increased AoE damage nodes does not increase the damage? The explanation sounds weird to me. I can see stuff burning for the duration of ignite when they leave a fire aoe, while there the AoE is biffed and ignite does benefit from that hit?
Too many people have FPS drop problem. But we still waiting answer or fixed this problem. I have very good pc like R9 290 / Fx 8320 / 16gb ram. And i play this game like 10-25 fps when attacking huge monster pack. This best "Bad Optimized Online Game" i seen so far.
"
Ozgwald wrote:
For contagion does increased AoE, increase the AoE of the initial cast and the casts after that? It currently seems that when monsters die they don't benefit from the increased AoE only the initial cast does, is this right?

The Contagion effects when monsters die definitely DO get affected by Increased AoE, I see a noticeable difference in the spread AoE that matches the normal cast size; so it works.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info