[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

Hey Op thank you for this great guide ,i'm looking forward to try it,already leveling it but i have a question if you don't mind ,whats the diference between that build and the "normal" discharge/element one? i'm mean,in terms of dps/clearspeed . .do you think we can reach same or close as discharge builds do?

again ,thank you for this great guide and sorry my not-so-good english :D

cheers!
Last edited by alansx on Apr 6, 2016, 11:20:36 AM
Gear
Spoiler

Skill tree:

Hey, great guide! I was hoping if you would be able to tell me if I have the gears good enough for uber atziri.
I know I have to get some 21/20 gems where its needed and what not. But besides that where can I upgrade to be uber atziri ready?
BTW im going LL Trickster version

Last edited by dangerdavid1 on Apr 6, 2016, 11:28:50 AM
Deathless Uber Run uploaded and added to opening post:
https://youtu.be/AirOO73d1LM

As i had some Problems with my editing software it is the full run without any cut, i have added timestamps if you want to jump to the Bossfights.
I guess overall its not such a bad thing for all that want to watch a run in all details.

Also got rolled a new Chest to celebrate the deathless uber.. res are shit but has 100 more ES then my old one

Edit: Some new questions since i started typing

@alansx

Compared to a Discharge without Volls Devotion this build has much higher DPS.

Compared to one with Volls Devotion, taking EE into account this build has a little higher DPS according to my calculations.

You can use Matrix Factors Most OP Discharge DPS Calculator and my CoCulator if you want to calc it with current Bladefall numbers. (Last time i did the calculation was in 2.1)

Discharge is also great, its a different build and you should play what you think looks like more fun.

Don´t want to trashtalk other builds and Matrix Factors MoreRain build was the one that showed me how good Hybrid works for CoC so Kudos to him for that.

@dangerdavid1

You don´t need 20q gems, the Q just adds AoE, lvl 21 is important for the damage.

I did not try uber with lvl 20 Gems but i would guess that one lvl 21 and one lvl 20 can also work well.

After my last run i´d say use a Stibnite and a remove burning flask and have 2x remove bleed for Trio and Atziri.

From your gear you could switch the Shadows to Voidbringers for more ES on Uber.

Your Amulet could need some higher crit multi but yes, that nitpicking, looks very good so far, i´d say try to get lvl 20/21 Spells, thats the most important thing.

Oh and try to have at least 7.5-8k ES as low life and dont foget the Flasks.

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 6, 2016, 12:31:28 PM
Thanks, with those gears i have 9.6k shields! I've got a pair of void bringer 2G1R1B(3G1R hard to get), how much of an impact is flicker strike vs flame dash, just used to dodge spears and re-engage asap?
Last edited by dangerdavid1 on Apr 6, 2016, 12:34:04 PM
I don´t think i used Flicker all that much, i mostly use it to move from Pack to pack quick while mapping and refresh the Fortify during boss fights really quick.

On Uber you don´t want to use it in the Split because it can Flicker on the wrong Clone randomly, when she is alone it can be handy to have to jump at her for some quick DPS.

But overall i think you don´t need anything besides WB for the fight. Got to say that Flicker helpd me a lot for trash, but i am also very used to Flicker as i use it since i started this build and used it on my CoC Discharge before so ye i guess if you are not really used to play with it it could be even dangerous in some situations.

btw: just wanted to add that it really helps me if you like the videos on youtube <3
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 6, 2016, 1:09:47 PM
@ZweihundertMorder

Gz on that ubber and thank you for explaining the differences between both,i have some good gear from my previous coc on perandus,now ill gonna sell some stuff and try to buy a nice chest :D

Have a good one bro!
I was thinking about restructuring the Guide as i think that Hybrid is mostly a starting point until you can go LL or CI...

Should i delete the Hybrid Tree at the start and replace it with the LL Version and only put the Hybrid Tree in the leveling Part?

Would be good to hear some oppinions from players that followed the guide!

Also open to hear other suggestions on how to improve the Guide!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
want to do a quick breakdown for me of pros/cons of using Trickster vs the other options? (I am playing LL CoC BF/EK as a Scion/Ascendant with Berserker + Assassin) Do you NEED to have life leech in the 6l as Trickster? (this seems like a giant drawback, so how is it offset? The Assassin/zerker bonuses allow Ascendant to reach 100% crit chance, and 4.4% global leech with no life leech gem)

I'm working on an ultimate end game version/guide to the LL CoC phys cyclone setups, so any info on the non-Scion options would be appreciated. What is your best possible aura/blasphemy curse setup for low life? Glad to see you guys are using Herald of Ice, it is a great addition to the physical damage. (and scales Hatred) The current write up (by another poster) on the Scion version is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1611726 , I have adapted my variation from his starting point.

my current aura setup - I have contorted the mana to work, but it requires some expensive gear to have enough mana left over to function. Trickster obviously has some mana advantages available to it, so I'm interested in a comparison. (what would you consider your MINIMUM amount of mana available after reserve as?)

this currently leaves me with 74 mana available to Cyclone and WB with. A little lower than would be comfortable, but it is ok with some practice. (don't cyclone on nothing for too long)

by using

the mana available jumps and is totally fine. (won't be able to merge my gear sets for this build until Perandus ends) The corruption also bring Herald of Ice and Discipline to level 26. Is there a setup runnable on Trickster that could beat this?

thanks for any input you have on the pros/cons between the different Ascendancy paths. Post ran long (as always), but hopefully we can have a good discussion about it all.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
@JakeAlmighty

For a "ultimate no currency limit max DPS" version i think Scion is better.

You could skip the LL link for mapping if you feel like you need more clear speed but i would not skip it for uber and other hard bosses.

The thing is: when the damage is enough for this with LL why would i need more damage? But i get that this game is about min/max after all this is what i enjoy too.

In my LL Version i run HoA and a Purity, could switch the Purity for a Blasphemy ofc, as Trickster i would run a Assassins Mark or Vulnerability.

The Reason for running a Purity was that i could make using RF more comfortable together with a Leo modded shield and Ruby Flask it works really well.

I really don´t know if the Haste is worth it in your Setup, it seems like lots of investment for some move/attack speed honestly.

Another great thing about Trickster that gets overlooked a bit is that Evasion really helps alot.

With a Stibnite and the Asceandency Bonus you gain lots of Evasion if you use a Hybrid Chest / Vertex.

Then there is the 10% move speed while on full Energyshield which is active surprisingly often between Evasion and instant leech.

I guess that you won´t get much benefit from it if you want to run with Shavs + Hubris as you don´t have any Evasion to scale from.

Next thing is that you can use Voidbringers as Trickster for loads more ES than any other Crit Glove. You get Crit capped on the attack anyway and Voibringers give a lot of Crit for the Bladefall + EK, when i compared it with Maligaros and Shadows i was suprised that it was even more damage per hit even if it had no Crit multi. The ES on kil lis also a nice touch.

The Ascendancy also gives lots of ES and allows for the use of better Rings as a Scion or Assassin
still need the Elreon Rings. With no limit on currency that is not that much of a Problem i guess but you can still get better non Elreon rings just because of the item level.

As Trickster you need 0 mana open as all skills i am using are movement skills (Cyclone,WB, Flicker)
The only thing you could want open mana for is precasting Blade Vortex for Bossfights. I did not need this for uber even without Skyforth so i guess its not really needed.

The last benefit is the 20% attack speed after using a movementskill.

Overall i feel that i am trading the LL link for lots of defensiv benefits which fits the name of the build nicely ;)

Btw: My current LL Version is using the Assassin Asceandancy, allowing to drop loads of Dagger Crit nodes in the Tree while still getting to 95% Crit on Spells + Attack and gaining loads of crit multi.
I have even less mana open than you but i don´t see this as a problem at all as i am used to play like this from playing this build and CoC Discharge with very low open mana for a long time and i never run into problems even on singletargets.

I hope i coverd most of your questions about my version and trickster in general, if there are questions left feel free to ask!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Hey again, and thanks again for this great build i enjoy playing it!
My little breakdown for dual curse version :)
Gear:
Spoiler

for curse immune maps

Tree (Gonna rework it a little after my enlighten hits lvl 3 and i hit lvl 95):

Stats so far (power charges up, no flasks):
ES: 13369
Chance to block: 32% (Tempest shield is always up)
Curses: Assassin's Mark (40% incr effect), Vulnerability (Not sure if curse effect increses from gear, tree and blasphemy apply to it. I guess not)
Crit chance (on cursed enemies): cyclone 100%, ek 100%, bladefall 95%
Tooltip dps (lvl 20 gems): EK 18558.11, Bladefall: 14644.67 In fact its alot more for cursed enemies.
Cyclone attack speed: 3.78

Still have to work on my gear and lvl 21 gems, but im a poor man and progress slowly :/
Last edited by oztaahh on Apr 7, 2016, 8:05:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info