[2.1.0] - Bear trap bino's proliferation

Hi, I'm planning to try this build, it look really fun to play.

I have some questions about the build but I guess some will get answered by playing it.

One that crossed my mind, why not using as Helmet :

Doedre's Scorn

+1 to Level of Socketed Curse Gems
+(20 to 30) to Intelligence
(30 to 50)% increased Curse Duration
20% increased Elemental Damage
(10 to 20)% increased Damage per Curse on Enemy

It sounds pretty OP if you have Vul/Chain/Enfeebe + Blasphemy on it, it can go to +60% dmg or it doesn't work in this build since it's not damage over time ?
I played a lot with the build and made some modifications as I find bear trap can clear slowly if the mobs are not clustered tight enough.

I use bladefall in a 6L chest with bladefall - trap - multiple traps - poison - trap and mine damage - concentrated effect.

I also suggest grabbing entropy and corruption as passives once you have enough lvls to get extra points on top of whats suggested in the build.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers. Have fun with poison.
Last edited by K1NG13LOOD on Jan 5, 2016, 11:13:31 PM
Working on an acro version of this atm. My question is (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but shouldn't blood rage + The Retch + Hungry abyss work to be a decent dps boost?
Also whipped up a take on this Build

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_tNHIDHaCtUhtbOtj53QRL9saKwoQe13yvjoOSBGW7hV_xgcet3WTJ6KjlS6-isHz8NWhL8rTlSCP-klRtAwtH-wY0NBcQOq6RnEdT0yzcLtkqkcGDXyDCeGINbnQHwQH2RObhtvnb54dqhFQpyvv6x8CL29qNmwIcFHKSv5JbRk2xfGKdm-zA9a-X7DZW4t62CR-sDIY1S6btRslAW-nCNhU6NXDOoTFS67i952uj0YZiukChEgabJuh-wlca_fBGGr22sNteC8aj3zlWAe3MOhaJog=

Reading about these massive regen numbers I though it would make much more sense to have 20-40k regen go into ~10k ES than into ~5k Life.
Also with all these aura buff nodes nearby, why no go low-life? You could run 2-3 curses on blasphemy with +30% AoE through leadership and still pick from any of these: discipline, grace, clarity, purities...

I'd be happy about some pointers regarding my tree in case I missed something or travelled in an unclever manner

I'll be trying this one out really soon lvling with fencoil and bladefall traps until I can afford Binos and sticking to either life or CI until I can afford a Shav's.
Last edited by bashu on Jan 11, 2016, 6:52:25 AM
What gives more damage in this buld? Trap damage, chaos damage or damage or time?
Well the only problem is bino don't spread poison from trap skils :D only from your own skils :]
I made something similar with 6l my bear trap reach 100k dps and then i noticed it dosn't spread at all. So i ask ggg and they confirm me that bino don't spread damage from traps anymore.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
I haven't posted in here since, well, ages but for anyone coming back through here Bino's alone won't spread the damage over time effect.

If your trap gets the kill, the dot won't spread.

Southbounds prevents the trap from kiling the mob, letting the poison finish off the 1 health the mob has, and because (for some reason) damage over time inflicted by traps is attributed to the player the poison will then spread. The build doesn't work without them.

On a further note, This build might be dead with the changes to how trap damage applies to poison.
If you want to attempt to make it work, I'd honestly just go assassin (but in reality traps aren't the best method to apply poison anymore).
i just tested it on standard and it work poison is spreading thanks to
combo and it does preedy good dmg
I've come with this idea for the skill tree for this set on 3.1.0

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcHHgj0DR8OSA-rES8Rlha_GGoZihqPIvQkiyaVJ6kqTSsKNZI2PTpYOuE8KD1fPydBh0lRSshMs03jTm1RTFJTVUtVxlgHXEBd8l-wYeJirGSqajZqQ2qMbAtsjG0ZbqpwUXC7df12b3gvfOV9W36wf8aD24RvhMWP-pMnlS6XlZf0m4aboZu1nDKcvp2qotmlxKZXrEesmLDYtMW1SLXytz63dbzqwFTDOsgUykrUQtUu1r7YVNi92-fo1etj7BjuFfDV8kX1b_ba99f7Cf4K?accountName=theshadedone&characterName=manbearpigtrap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info