[2.1.0] - Bear trap bino's proliferation

I honestly didn't expect that much damage output, but the math does support that I guess.
It really makes me wonder what a character with hidden potential and a bunch of blues could achieve, if 92% damage gets those sort of results.
You can reach 200% increased damage with hidden potential, which could make some really really stupid numbers. (100k per second + maybe?)
Very clever use of game mechanics. Bino's is quickly proving to be a powerful build enabler.

How well would this build perform in T10 maps and to level quickly past level 90?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Managed to take a screenshot of one of my 50k+ regens

http://i.imgur.com/LJc8k7m.jpg

I'm leveling a new char with Bladefall Trap in a pair of Deerstalkers linked to Inc Trap Dmg, Controlled Destruction and Poison. Game is completely joke now.

When hitting 65 I'll swap to Bino's + Bear Trap and Blood Dance Boots.

Thank you for sharing this nice idea of a build and cheers to Pohx who guided me to this thread via yt.
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
Seems like a great build and I am currently leveling a shadow. I am not sure what's the most optimal passive tree for map clearing?
Last edited by Darude_Sandstorm on Dec 27, 2015, 9:42:24 AM
Hey, The Shade Done ;)

Thank you for posting this guide, I was working on a poison bino trapper and struggled with the issue of traps taking credit for kills, kneecapping the proliferation. Your details on Southbound's interaction enabled the build, so thank you :)
Is this HC viable?
Yes, just have to thinker around a bit more. Being eva in the current meta is just no-go for me, you can be taken down so easily even in low tier maps, so some sort of iron reflexes is kinda required(which in turn enables purchasing very cheap amazing ev pieces since no one wants them).

This is my take on shades/pohx builds:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLtNHIDHaCtUjrYxEvKwpd8g5ItzAUCRNtJogRlgcelS7w1UlRj_pcQOwYZKqbhmo2Nj2dqmyMYqy0xdvnbAjxinBRdm9-sNhUwuwFtQZwTp96f42_UUcwfI19I_ZNkjfU7T9_K1b6kA0xs1fYG-B31xR1GNt08SFgQKB67wUtdO1Gt9NvLiOTmbueKaVbrw2Nh3bjn0p93Q0VICzphrMA7ipNPydKyG6qtfI1kti9_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4KMZ5H4iLipDlnoOjWmyYyAbIZz3ph63pT7hW3dQ==

A lot of customization is available, can be played in two ways, with frenzy charges or without, can also take point blank if you want to use EK traps or similar. If using charges, swap some points for all 3 charges and use blood dance boots or bloodrage. For auras, grace ofc with temp chains on blasphemy (later when 15% of remaining mana will be enough for at least one bear trap cast, might have to use low level clarity on life).

^ Sufficiently tanky, aka not getting oneshotted by physical caster and resolute technique rares/exiles/bosses, over 200% life, can take some points off damage talents/health until 90+ as this is a bit of an overkill aka very lategame build.

P.S. Would love to hear Shade/Pohx comment on this version :)

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Dec 28, 2015, 9:44:44 AM
I like it alot.
The focus on life and armor means that you have a defense that's alot more reliable than curses (which is how I did it).
Point Blank doesn't work with spells, btw. It'd be awesome if it did though.
If you don't need the regen to run blood rage, you would likely be better off dropping the damage over time/life regen nodes at the shadow for the two 16% trap damage nodes before high explosives and the two 12% nodes at master sapper.
Trap damage is basically phys damage AND damage over time, which makes it really strong on this build.
At least, that's what I would do.
The point to make about using this build in Hardcore is that you never want to rely on the bino's regen.
If you are close enough to get the regen, you are far too close to start with.
The regen is very short, and if you've got it mobs are already dying and the danger is pretty much over (hopefully). That said, it can be useful for things like corrupted bloodlines as a way to save your flask charges.
"
If you are close enough to get the regen, you are far too close to start with.

Oh is that why I don't always get the regen, it depends on the range between you and the trap ? That makes sense, lol. Was starting to think the gloves were bugged.

For auras, I'm using vulnerability with inc aoe for some QoL improvement and a lvl 7 or 8 clarity. If you have enough eva or ar/eva on gear, you don't really need grace with IR.
Being able to spam some traps around increases your survivability more since all the mobs are dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info