[2.1.0] - Bear trap bino's proliferation

"
gtrans wrote:
"
theshadedone wrote:
I would definitely get the frenzy charge at shadow and ranger.

Frenzy charges with traps? Please elaborate. Last time I check the only way you get frenzy charges with traps is by using Doedre's Elixir and that's too much micromanagement imo.

Poachers mark can net you charges since you're killing with a Degen
Good build. Found it via Pohx.
Last edited by _Multiplicity on Dec 25, 2015, 4:31:05 PM
"
Pohx wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:
"
theshadedone wrote:
I would definitely get the frenzy charge at shadow and ranger.

Frenzy charges with traps? Please elaborate. Last time I check the only way you get frenzy charges with traps is by using Doedre's Elixir and that's too much micromanagement imo.

Poachers mark can net you charges since you're killing with a Degen

I thought he was dual cursing not triple. But if he does use Poachers Mark, he needs to drop Vulnerability. That is an equal damage loss. But I do see an insane alternative, he can replace one of his rings with a Doedre's Damning and head towards the triple cursing which is insane if all tree Chain/Vul/Frenzy are used together.
Last edited by gtrans on Dec 25, 2015, 4:26:50 PM
If I managed to get triple cursing I'd run blasphemy enfeeble. I already have enough curse effect to hit the 75% accuracy reduction cap, so it'd be a huge defensive bonus.

With regards to frenzy charges, I'd use a blood dance. I lose life, but honestly the bino's regen is nothing near reliable (compared to % regen) and the frenzy charge gain on kill would be more than enough.

If I wanted to take my damage to the next level I would use a hidden potential. It's one of the few ways to get damage that applies to both the hit and the poison.
Last edited by theshadedone on Dec 25, 2015, 6:57:34 PM
Are traps still viable for leveling w/o binos and the gloves? Basically the same build without the crazy regen. Also what to rush? Saboteur / Whispers of Doom?
@bahamut (nice reference, btw)

Poison based trapping is still very very viable for leveling, but probably not just with bear trap :( you'd likely want to use bladefall/ek traps for that. I leveled with a friend, and used a abbysal cry/poison/void manipulation/inc aoe setup to get me to bino's.

The first thing to rush by far is clever construction. Without that passive, traps in general are a pain.
After that, I would strongly consider pathing down to the scion life wheel grabbing the trapping nodes along the way followed by pathing towards whispers of doom.
The way I pathed before isn't the way I would path now. I likely would skip pathing through the witch start and instead go along the outer edge as follows.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcHHg0fDkgPqxEPES8RlhSwFr8YahmKGo8kiyaVKk0rCjIYNZI2PTpYOuE8KD8nQYdJUUrITC1ObVFMVUtVxlgHXEBd8l-wYeJirGSqajZqjGyMbqpwUXC7df12b3gvfOV9W36wgh6D24RvhMWIQo_6lS6bhpuhm7WcMpy-naqi2aXEplesR6yYsNizA7TFtUi18rc-t3XBxcM6yBTKStRC1S7WvthU2L3bC9vn6NXrY-wY7hXw1fJF9W_22vfX-wn-Cg==?accountName=theshadedone&characterName=manbearpigtrap

That passive tree has slightly less life, but still has 25 passives to spend (more than enough to get the lost life nodes back)

@Kendo

That tree is SWEEET, I like it alot.
I personally think you would get more damage from master sapper than growth and decay/force shaper.
Between those clusters you get 61% phys damage (I'd keep the first hybrid phys/chaos node) and 52% poison damage.

Master sapper would give you 92% to both of those at exactly the same passive cost.

You'd also trade life regen and 5% of phys added as chaos (not as good as it seems, as it doesn't benefit from vuln) for a couple of additional traps and trigger radius, but it's something to look at at least

Last edited by theshadedone on Dec 26, 2015, 4:01:22 AM
You're right. Honestly, I was looking at that tree for an hour thinking I kept missing something.

Now, where did I leave those regrets ...
When you switch it across, let us know what your regen hits.

I'm very curious to know what master sapper does to the damage of the dot.
Here's the revised tree. I dropped a jewel slot, because my jewels are shit anyway (I'll get it back at lvl 90) and got those 2 16% nodes before high explosives too.

In 5 minutes of testing, the biggest regen I got was 56k. Usually they seem to be around 35k, so I guess that was a crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info