[2.1.0] - Bear trap bino's proliferation

If you have the cash you could swap out that increased aoe gem for a quality generosity, if generosity supports blasphemy'd curses. I haven't tried it, but it could be good for some free aoe if it works.
Overall, it's been smooth sailing to 70. This is by far one of the most surprising and coolest builds I've played (I decided not to go curse heavy due to so much 'curse immune' stuff out there, went my tanky version instead). After farming dried lake a bit and a few low tier maps, can say that map boss/voll killing has never been more satisfying, with adds or w/o, doesn't matter, they all go down in a couple of seconds. Best of all, so darn cheap, less then 2ex total gear value, with bino's taking 90% of that.

However, I am not sure I'll be continuing it as the problem I am facing is rly annoying me to hell. In attempt to stop packs from spreading, I even stopped using my golem and made myself the only target, still didn't help. Prolif radius is just so damn small, and multi-bladefall trap just can not cover enough ground, especially in indoor maps where mobs tend to wander in all directions. I was faced with an option, leaving more then 20 mobs in each map alive, or slowing clearing speed down to a crawl in order to get all of 'em.

Overall, absolutely wonderful idea on how to make trapping more interesting.

Edit: Just want to point one thing, poison damage of this build is absolutely insane (I wen't dot scaling route, lvl 70, ~90ish points used), I've never seen something like this before, don't think even Mathil's latest fakener can match the sheer power poison dot is producing in tandem with bino's prolif. Simply... jawdropping.

I'm a bit salty now that we can't trap essence drain and spread both dots using contagion+bino's. That would be just.. glorious.

Last edited by Grimlocke_ on Dec 29, 2015, 6:37:41 AM
"
theshadedone wrote:
If you have the cash you could swap out that increased aoe gem for a quality generosity, if generosity supports blasphemy'd curses. I haven't tried it, but it could be good for some free aoe if it works.

doesn't work
Looks like a fun Build, i got a question for the skillthree why not take the poision cluster (near Acrobatics notes)?
Poison damage and fatal toxins? 125% poison damage.
i see other poison guides who not take them to, why?.
Last edited by ReDHaWkftw on Dec 29, 2015, 10:36:40 AM
very nice build man.

i have played a little with your build and wanted your input on it.

The idea behind this is to max out the poison,chaos and dot damage around the rightish side of the tree while grabbin the maximum number of life nodes. To get 2 or 3 curse i would use "Doedre's Damning" or/and "Windscream" since i am not going to the far left of the tree. And curses is pretty much your biggest defense on this build.

What's awsome about your build is that the gear requirement is pretty much limited to the knife and glove (the shield is a nice to have) so you can easily focus on life and elemental res for the rest.

One more question : If i wanted to get the biggest poison dot i would have to stack <adds physical and/or adds chaos damage> to attack since poison is 10% of the initial hit of bear trap ?

Thx for your time and very refreshing build !
"
plasmaszap wrote:

One more question : If i wanted to get the biggest poison dot i would have to stack <adds physical and/or adds chaos damage> to attack since poison is 10% of the initial hit of bear trap ?

Trap dmg > all. You should get master sapper instead of all those chaos or dot nodes and you're wasting 2 points below coordination (shadow start) and a point to the left of unstable munitions. Take the jewel slot above herbalism, since jewels can have trap dmg, phys or dot dmg and life all in one.

"
Kendo_PoE wrote:

Trap dmg > all. You should get master sapper instead of all those chaos or dot nodes and you're wasting 2 points below coordination (shadow start) and a point to the left of unstable munitions. Take the jewel slot above herbalism, since jewels can have trap dmg, phys or dot dmg and life all in one.

thank you very much for your feedback ! so if trap damage > everything else, i should max out the number of jewel i can get ?

For the point left of unstable munition, i had selected the 3 life nodes before and forgot to remove it. you have very sharp eyes :)

Would you have any precise exemple of a good jewel for trapper ?

Also, do you think its a good idea to take iron reflex since evasion is mostly trash atm ?

Finaly would something like this be more inclined with what you just told me :

I really really appreciate your comment. Thx !
Yep, tree looks good.

Iron Reflexes is great in my opinion.

About the jewels, you have a choice between a ton of damage and a lot of damage + life.

these are the ideal jewels :

Trap damage
Physical damage
Damage over time
Damage

or

Trap damage
Life
Damage over time
Damage

This is very best case scenario, I don't think anything like it even exists yet.
Spoiler
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
Yep, tree looks good.

Iron Reflexes is great in my opinion.

About the jewels, you have a choice between a ton of damage and a lot of damage + life.

these are the ideal jewels :

Trap damage
Physical damage
Damage over time
Damage

or

Trap damage
Life
Damage over time
Damage

This is very best case scenario, I don't think anything like it even exists yet.

Ok great ! ill keep you guys posted. Curently i am lvling this guy with causic arrow because it follows the same logic on the tree (shadow - > chaos, poison, dot) until i can get acces to blade fall and such. Ill try to find the some good jewel and post them here to help out other player.
I do like the tree, except for one thing: you don't have clever construction.
You really really need clever construction lol.
Other than that, it's an impressive amount of es, and it'd synergise well with a good 2% regen amulet (assuming you don't use chayula).

I've actually killed atziri on the original version of the build, it was actually pretty damn easy with how slow everything was :)

edit: oh, and kendo's got the build down. Trap damage = physical damage + chaos damage. Double those nodes to work out about what you're looking at (it's a little more complicated, but it's close enough)
Last edited by theshadedone on Dec 31, 2015, 8:24:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info