2.1 Conta/Ess Drain = The Purple Puragu : cheap and effective Atziri killer/mapper (SC/HC)

worth getting fatal toxins ?
"
sporter26 wrote:
worth getting fatal toxins ?

After seeing how efficient Poison is, id say a big yes. I need to free some nodes to try that myself.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Hi there, Looks solid, did mine a bit different and decided to quit on it since i was using contagion as a main skill like you did haha. I was wondering, i see that you didn't pick up any aura/curse radius nodes, do you feel that your curse is a bit clunky with the radius from blasphemy being so small? Also would be worth it to invest 3 pts to get whispers of doom to add Vulne on top of Temp chain maybe?

Looking forward to your tips, might just make a new toon :)
Has anyone thought about using frenzy charges with blood dance/blood rage?
Or is it better to stick to more survive ability nodes?
The Occultist's Dominion and Practical Application (near the witch starting point) nodes look pretty tempting, to be honest. If you get them, you can free up 1 skill point with more efficient pathing to the Amplify skill nodes. You can also get an additional skill point freed up, because you get 30 str. and 30 agi. out of the deal, so you can skill out of Alacrity. That and, so far, I find the spellcasting interruption bonuses quite nice.

Also, do you get Sniper (increased projectile damage and speed) just for the projectile speed? I mean, it should only have an effect on the initial direct damage of Essense Shift, not the DoT, right?
Also i got a 6L waiting now pure ES tho, managed to get GGGBBB would you consider dropping any of your green support for any other blue on essence drain, don't feel like dumping hundreds n hundreds of chrom into the chest piece haha.
"
coulombe123 wrote:
Hi there, Looks solid, did mine a bit different and decided to quit on it since i was using contagion as a main skill like you did haha. I was wondering, i see that you didn't pick up any aura/curse radius nodes, do you feel that your curse is a bit clunky with the radius from blasphemy being so small? Also would be worth it to invest 3 pts to get whispers of doom to add Vulne on top of Temp chain maybe?

Looking forward to your tips, might just make a new toon :)

My initial tree had the 2nd curse, but i removed vuln as the damage was enough because I play mostly solo. I removed vuln to use discipline instead. If you have access to high lvl char or enlighten, then it s worth it i think.
As for the radius of the curse, i'm fine with it thanks to the general radius on the tree.

"
Has anyone thought about using frenzy charges with blood dance/blood rage?
Or is it better to stick to more survive ability nodes?

I'm still waiting for them to drop so i can try that. I would only have 3 frenzy charges though which isn't that much and the nerf to life regen doesn't really motivate me.

"
The Occultist's Dominion and Practical Application (near the witch starting point) nodes look pretty tempting, to be honest. If you get them, you can free up 1 skill point with more efficient pathing to the Amplify skill nodes. You can also get an additional skill point freed up, because you get 30 str. and 30 agi. out of the deal, so you can skill out of Alacrity. That and, so far, I find the spellcasting interruption bonuses quite nice.

Also, do you get Sniper (increased projectile damage and speed) just for the projectile speed? I mean, it should only have an effect on the initial direct damage of Essense Shift, not the DoT, right?

Dominion is too far for my taste and i prefer to rely on my positionning rather than a passive just to avoid being stunned while casting.Im always moving some points so maybe i'll change my mind.
For Sniper, the proj speed is nice but the damage is a triple deeps scenario. It increase the initial chaos dmg hit, the chaos dot and also the poison dot after that. Priceless IMO ^^

"
Also i got a 6L waiting now pure ES tho, managed to get GGGBBB would you consider dropping any of your green support for any other blue on essence drain, don't feel like dumping hundreds n hundreds of chrom into the chest piece haha.

I would replace slower proj for added chaos support without a doubt. You would loose some aoe dammage via contagion and the essence drain chaos dot, but it would increase your ED chaos hit by a large amount and make the single target INSANE.

Last edited by Kagari on Dec 20, 2015, 5:29:00 AM
Huh, I would not have guessed the Projectile Damage and DoT interaction. Thanks for clearing that up.
Wouldnt it be great using this:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Divinarius

Decent spell dmg with life/mana on kill and bonus AoE? Or is a wand with castspeed by far better?
"
pyroisback wrote:
Wouldnt it be great using this:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Divinarius

Decent spell dmg with life/mana on kill and bonus AoE? Or is a wand with castspeed by far better?

It could totally works for general mapping i think.The more aoe raius the better for mapping, at least for trash clear. However, as a non crit build a good wand with some cast speed will perform better on a single target scenario.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info