2.1 Conta/Ess Drain = The Purple Puragu : cheap and effective Atziri killer/mapper (SC/HC)

So I have been doing something similar, and have you considered the addition of Bino's? It causes the poison from your initial hit to ALSO spread to nearby targets giving you the benefit of the single target dot damage on everything around it, in addition to this, it also gives insane regen. The downside of course being that you are using Bino's which only has 1 decent stat on it, being the 30% increased DOT damage. My current Build would have Consuming Dark + Binos end game, allowing the Poison support gem to be replaced with other ideas but I've yet to weigh the benefits of Gem vs. Better Weapon.
Last edited by jdotjdot7 on Dec 19, 2015, 1:10:06 AM
"
Any particular reason you took passive in normal difficulty over helping Oak? I don't think 1 extra passive point is worth more than the 40 life from helping Oak.

Just a metter of personnal preference. I prefer to have the highest amount of skill points possible to play with.As i don't play in HC these 40 hp won't make a big difference in my mind.

"

So I have been doing something similar, and have you considered the addition of Bino's? It causes the poison from your initial hit to ALSO spread to nearby targets giving you the benefit of the single target dot damage on everything around it, in addition to this, it also gives insane regen. The downside of course being that you are using Bino's which only has 1 decent stat on it, being the 30% increased DOT damage. My current Build would have Consuming Dark + Binos end game, allowing the Poison support gem to be replaced with other ideas but I've yet to weigh the benefits of Gem vs. Better Weapon.

That's a really good idea ! I didn't think about that weapon but i will try for sure to see how in interacts! The damage of the poison dot being based upon the initial chaos hit, we would loose a lot of spell damage but the aoe poison can be really fun !

"
ya i dont think it stacks but you would be able to hit every mob with ED in one sht and not have to wait like 2 secs for it to spread with Conta and you get life regen of each mob hit

also you could use the poison gem and stack damage with it

When you hit a mob with essence drain it usually disappear fast enough to start the spread. Pierce would be valuable if you plan to play with LMP/GMP and rely on essence drain damage only without trying to spread it with contagion though.

Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Ï am doing Iron Will high life/life regen version of E/Contagion on hardcore and it seeems waaay safer than this approach. Your dps is for sure impressive but seeing the tooltip etc I am not that far off. I think ed/cont is yet to see its final form
"
arknath wrote:
Ï am doing Iron Will high life/life regen version of E/Contagion on hardcore and it seeems waaay safer than this approach. Your dps is for sure impressive but seeing the tooltip etc I am not that far off. I think ed/cont is yet to see its final form

Of course there are safer ways to play the skill. I'm not interested by HC so i don't take it into consideration when i do a build. I just shew a cheap and all around well balanced way to play the combo but it obviously not the only one. With better gear we will see some ED tooltip way above the 40k dot damage mark i think so it will be possible to balance the rest from there.
With Fatal Toxins and some gear upgrades, i'm sure uber atziri can be done really soon.
I planned to do something nearly identical! The drawing is awesome!
I'm trying this build out in SC Talisman and I'm having fun! I'm currently rushing for the AOE and duration as you suggest in your post but I'm unsure as to what is best to focus on next. I realise you didn't include a leveling tree because people have different preferences but I would really like to know what YOUR preferences were, while leveling!

Any help is appreciated.
"
m0onknight wrote:
I'm trying this build out in SC Talisman and I'm having fun! I'm currently rushing for the AOE and duration as you suggest in your post but I'm unsure as to what is best to focus on next. I realise you didn't include a leveling tree because people have different preferences but I would really like to know what YOUR preferences were, while leveling!

Any help is appreciated.

I grabbed a lot of damage while levelling as i really tried to make contagion alone work without success. I guess if you use the conta/drain combo you would have enough damage to grab a lot of hp/es while levelling. I also usually try to do all the attribute highways so i dont have to do that at lvl 80+ ^^
Wow, poison gem feels broken as fuck. I swapped out my slower projectile gem for it and it's just insane. Borderline broken. I'm also using Bino's but I can't quite decide if it's better option compared to a good spell damage wand. Did anyone do any extensive testing?

I really need to free up some nodes to get the toxin nodes, lol.

edit: another hidden benefit of using a poison gem is better single target dmg which means that your ED will spread much faster to the rest of the mobs in vicinity.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Dec 19, 2015, 11:28:58 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:
Wow, poison gem feels broken as fuck. I swapped out my slower projectile gem for it and it's just insane. Borderline broken. I'm also using Bino's but I can't quite decide if it's better option compared to a good spell damage wand. Did anyone do any extensive testing?

I really need to free up some nodes to get the toxin nodes, lol.

edit: another hidden benefit of using a poison gem is better single target dmg which means that your ED will spread much faster to the rest of the mobs in vicinity.

Yep, this poison support is incredible :p. If i can free some points by getting better mana regen or ES on gear i will rush that sweet cluster !

"
you can free up 1 more int point near the avatar of fire

Missed that one thanks a ton <3
Last edited by Kagari on Dec 19, 2015, 12:29:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info