2.1 Conta/Ess Drain = The Purple Puragu : cheap and effective Atziri killer/mapper (SC/HC)

I'm running a similar build and have similar damage but i dont get the poison gem can you elaborate how does it work with essence drain and what is the damage gain from putting a poison gem compared to an empower for instance
"
Yrganjo wrote:
Cool guide, I've been playing my first ever self-made build and ended up with a lot of similar stuff, but never thought of using the poison support gem. Currently only running a 3L for my ED; but should be able to get my hands on a 5L pretty easily.

I wanted to ask you about your thoughts on why you are getting as many area effect nodes. I feel like contagion has enough radius with an increased area of effect support gem to hit most monsters in a group, and as you are saying , the damage of contagion doesn't really matter, so i feel like the "increased area damage" nodes are a waste of skill points.

I guess area of effect still boosts the blasphemy-temp-chains which is nice.

This is the build i ended up wtih, would be cool to hear if you have some thoughts on mine vs. yours.

Thanks!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAA-4EBwceDXwOSA-rES8RUBGWE20UCRa_GyUdTx2-HdkfxyL0JIsmiCaVKPorCit4LJwtHy2LM4c1uTpYQ1REq0kTSVFJsUuuTLNSr1VLVa5VxlfJXEBca13yYeJn_GqMbAttGXWedoJ_xoIQgseD24RIh8uIQongj6aP-pMfkyeVLqLZpyunm6yYrUqw2LQMtNG1SLcwu02-isHFwzrDbcgMyBTK088V18_ZW91f34rfsOZY6QLquutj74jw1fRx9W_31_k3

I grabbed the area damage and radius while levelling as i thought contagion would be enough.But at the end it's not. The area damage will boost the detonation of abyssal cry which is nice. It's qlso useful for low area farming like for some super fast talisman farm runs where i slot contagion on the 6L.
But more importantly, the radius is why i grab those nodes. It allows contagion to link the packs between them, and the plague(puraguuuuuu) to spread sometimes to insane levels. On dense maps, you cast ED and conta and you can clean several rooms at once with a single cast which is priceless :P

As for your build, i think you lqck HP% (you only have 80% atm). It's nice if you plan to go low life though, but it might be safer to put more hp for now even if the chaos dmg nodes give you some chaos resist at the same time.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
ivanhs wrote:
I'm running a similar build and have similar damage but i dont get the poison gem can you elaborate how does it work with essence drain and what is the damage gain from putting a poison gem compared to an empower for instance

Poison is only for single target. Your initial hit being chaos based, you'll poison the enemy with a poison dot on top of the chaos dot of ED. The difference is that the poison dot can stack ! The moment i tried the gem i knew i had to use it! The poison dot damage is obviously buffed by you dot damage but also by the power of the initial hit itself, and also the duration as it will help you stack more instances of the dot.
For overall mapping, empower is better. but as soon as a target is trying to resist you just toss 2/3 bullets toward it and it will MELT(check the atziri kill on my videos to see it in action).Just try it on voll for exemple and you'll understand what i mean :)

I think a good idea would be to weapon swap to something like a pledge of hand with :
ED/Void/Poison/controlled destruction/Empower/Decay but i'm not there yet. As i don't have an empower gem in this league it's not my priority.
Last edited by Kagari on Dec 18, 2015, 2:33:15 PM
I just started and with all my luck i met chaos resist mobs (thx Catarina) and i cant even damage them. So my q is what do u have in this build against chaos resist. Or i cant damage becous i just lvl 16 but still i have to do my leveling
Last edited by DavidBGL on Dec 18, 2015, 3:09:26 PM
"
DavidBGL wrote:
I just started and with all my luck i met chaos resist mobs (thx Catarina) and i cant even damage them. So my q is what do u have in this build against chaos resist. Or i cant damage becous i just lvl 16 but still i have to do my leveling

You gotta use essence and not contagion only. While levelling, some mobs are a bit tough but nothing you cant manage if you grab the right support gems on essence drain.
Really cool build.
I respecced a char on standard today to test it, so far so good.

One question: Im using on my 6l added chaos instead of slow projectiles and man, the dps just skyrockets. Did you test that ?

dont you think 100% pierce would be a massive damage boost (probably more than any other support gem)?

with 12 skill points 1 jewel and pierce gem its easy nuf to get
"
blackspiral wrote:
Really cool build.
I respecced a char on standard today to test it, so far so good.

One question: Im using on my 6l added chaos instead of slow projectiles and man, the dps just skyrockets. Did you test that ?

I'm currently levelling the gem yes. I wanna wait until it's lvl 17/18 before starting to compare. I think that for single target it will be a big boost as it will increase the poison degen by a lot. I also gotta try to see if spell echo could help as it would put twice the number of poison stacks.
As for AoE, the important as far as i know is the chaos dot from essence, and Added chaod won't increase that by as much as slower proj, even with a 20%QL gem.

"
dont you think 100% pierce would be a massive damage boost (probably more than any other support gem)?

with 12 skill points 1 jewel and pierce gem its easy nuf to get

100% pierce would be nothing more than a QoL improvement.As far as i know, the chaos dot from essence drain doesn't stack so it doesn't matter if inside the pack that has contagion on it essence drain hits more than one target.
ya i dont think it stacks but you would be able to hit every mob with ED in one sht and not have to wait like 2 secs for it to spread with Conta and you get life regen of each mob hit

also you could use the poison gem and stack damage with it
Any particular reason you took passive in normal difficulty over helping Oak? I don't think 1 extra passive point is worth more than the 40 life from helping Oak.
Somebody has been sneaking into the allotment and putting top-soil on the ground... the plot thickens!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info