[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

2.1 Video Guide: Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable] [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

What's up my exiles!?
This is my official thread for my Dual Elemental Siege Ballista build. In this thread I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation on how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video-guide above.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build is designed for beginners and veterans alike. It is fairly cheap and effective. With this build you can do the highest level maps and bosses, including Atziri.

2. Players who seek something new and interesting to try out.

3. Fans of totems and heavy artillery!

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Skill-gems and setups:

Main attack: Siege Ballista, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, Slower Projectiles (5-link) & Added Lightning Damage (6-link).

Single target attack: Siege Ballista, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage & Slower Projectiles.

Frenzy Charge generation & Curse setup: Frenzy, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness & Chain (5-link). Add in Blink Arrow for the 6-socket.

Auras & Ultility: Anger, Wrath, Arctic Armour & Summon Flame Golem.

Utility: 2x Vaal Haste, Enduring Cry & Increased Duration.

Passive Skill-tree:

If they for some the skill-trees wont open then check the video for skill-tree progression.[/b]

Leveling skill-tree, 32 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 68 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 93 points:

Finished build 114 points:

Leveling Tips:

- Use Flame Totem in the Night's Hold Talisman.
- Switch to Siege Ballistas at around level 50 (refer to video for more detailed explanation)
- Make sure to level up your skill-gems for Siege Ballista even while leveling with Flame Totem.

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 to maximum frenzy charges.

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances (75% on Merciless)
3. Evasion
4. Chaos Resistance

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Added Elemental Damage to attacks (fire, cold or lightning)
2. Weapon Elemental Damage%
3. Increased Attack Speed%

Bow:

Get a thicket bow with as much elemental damage and attack speed as possible (example in video guide)

Jewels:

1. Increased Totem Damage%
2. Increased Attack Speed with Bows%
3. Increased Attack Speed%

Awesome, but not required uniques that greatly benefits this build:

Quiver: Drillneck
Spoiler

Chest: Lightning Coil
Spoiler

Helmet: Alpha's Howl
Spoiler

Jewel: Static Electricity
Spoiler

None of these uniques are required, but they can greatly increase the power of the build if you are willing to invest the time and currency

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video-guide, especially if you are new to the game. In the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

2.1 Video Guide: Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I'll see you for my next beginners guide!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jan 2, 2016, 2:52:13 PM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2016, 7:09:10 AM
Gona try this out!
Let me know how it goes man!
Build seems really fun! Ima try it out :)
Aight you've convinced me to try the Ele route instead of Phys, rerolling this now

Will you be uploading vids of doing Atziri etc to the build thread at some point?

Thoughts on Rain of Splinters?
IGN shdowe
Friend I leveled with attempted to make it work, just wasn't working as expected. Happy to see you managed to pull it off.

He went another route, on 66 swapped to lioneye's glare(no drillneck tho, solid phys+att speed quiver instead), scaled damage of hatred+ash, all three jewelry pieces had physical and some elemental dmg rolls, high attack speed gloves, over all really solid starting gear in a new league, quite a few attack speed and some damage scaling nodes (talents not all that different from yours, also taking catalyst etc), total 6 frenzy charges... and it was kinda.. meh.

Damage was there, 12k tooltip(albeit somewhat poor single target viability, requiring another link just like yours), the problem was such annoyingly slow totem windup time and very high attack speed seemingly not really affecting the totem itself. While we farmed dried lake, I basically killed everything but rares/talismans/boss before totems even landed the first shot. Totem builds in general suffer from 'slowdown' effect aka taking time from dropping the totem till it actually starts shooting, but man, siege ballista truly does take that to the whole new level.

I find a few things about this skill a tad problematic. With levels, SB gem isn't scaling in any way other then totem health, so we are stuck with permanent -50% attack speed on each totem, permanent pierce making it impossible to be linked with chain(chain is imo way more useful), very slow windup time that is impossible to reduce...

I don't see many improvements with the new siege ballista bow arriving in ascendancy either, as the skill itself will remain somewhat weird-ish to use. So I am kinda sitting here, wondering about the possibilities on how to improve this gem so it becomes a tad more appealing for group play/speed farming.

Can you actually post a video of you doing Atziri with your builds before claiming its Atziri viable whether its on a 5L or 6L and show your gear?
"
shdowe wrote:
Aight you've convinced me to try the Ele route instead of Phys, rerolling this now

Will you be uploading vids of doing Atziri etc to the build thread at some point?

Thoughts on Rain of Splinters?

You can potentially use rain of splinters and instead of GMP use LMP. This can theoretically give you more damage, but there it depends on a lot of varying factors =)
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
Friend I leveled with attempted to make it work, just wasn't working as expected. Happy to see you managed to pull it off.

He went another route, on 66 swapped to lioneye's glare(no drillneck tho, solid phys+att speed quiver instead), scaled damage of hatred+ash, all three jewelry pieces had physical and some elemental dmg rolls, high attack speed gloves, over all really solid starting gear in a new league, quite a few attack speed and some damage scaling nodes (talents not all that different from yours, also taking catalyst etc), total 6 frenzy charges... and it was kinda.. meh.

Damage was there, 12k tooltip(albeit somewhat poor single target viability, requiring another link just like yours), the problem was such annoyingly slow totem windup time and very high attack speed seemingly not really affecting the totem itself. While we farmed dried lake, I basically killed everything but rares/talismans/boss before totems even landed the first shot. Totem builds in general suffer from 'slowdown' effect aka taking time from dropping the totem till it actually starts shooting, but man, siege ballista truly does take that to the whole new level.

I find a few things about this skill a tad problematic. With levels, SB gem isn't scaling in any way other then totem health, so we are stuck with permanent -50% attack speed on each totem, permanent pierce making it impossible to be linked with chain(chain is imo way more useful), very slow windup time that is impossible to reduce...

I don't see many improvements with the new siege ballista bow arriving in ascendancy either, as the skill itself will remain somewhat weird-ish to use. So I am kinda sitting here, wondering about the possibilities on how to improve this gem so it becomes a tad more appealing for group play/speed farming.

As you say totem builds will always "suffer" from the downtime there is from when one casts it and it is ready to attack. That said as I have gotten the skill later into the game the clear speed improved to where I am confident in saying that this skill has the best clear speed of any of the totem skills if properly geared.

Speed farming is definitely possible with this setup. To make it so one must focus heavily on getting enough attack speed as it otherwise suffers from aiming problems.
"
gghydra wrote:
Can you actually post a video of you doing Atziri with your builds before claiming its Atziri viable whether its on a 5L or 6L and show your gear?

To be fair, almost any build is Atziri vialble as long as it is built correct. The reason I add the "Atziri viable" to the title is because a lot of new players don't know this and they would be discouraged if they weren't told the build could defeat that certain boss.

If you want to see my gear you can simply click my profile.

You are welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info