Talisman and Poison Questions and Answers

"
Does Poison work with Projectile attacks?

Yes, it'll work with any direct hits of Physical or Chaos Damage.


If :
- my attack does 200 damage as physical
- my attack does 100 damage as chaos
- my attack has 10% chance to poison
- I attack an enemy one time

=> What are my odds of poisoning the enemy?
=> For which amount of poison damage?
"
If Poison is linked to a Projectile attack does "increased projectile damage" also increase poison damage?

In this case, the Projectile Damage will also increase the Poison damage, meaning the bonus will apply twice if the poison is applied by a projectile.

Now, this is VERY unintuitive to me, is this intentional? Could you clarify this a bit?
- if Poison is linked to Spell, does "increased spell damage" also increase poison damage? (double dipping on degeneration)?
- same question about Area of Effect.
- is this true for other degeneration effect? Does increase projectile/spell damage affect not only initial hit, but also degeneration effect of bleed/burn?
Not a signature.
You should set that reduce duration would do more XX- XX damage over time like in Diablo II LoD e.g. The poison was more reasonable and coherent mechanic way to do the dmg as Poison.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest
1 question

when I hit twice with poison,

After poion effect would refresh the former poison?

or the former poison effect alway disappeare in 2s?
(not considering increased duration)
Last edited by kaiserhose1 on Dec 15, 2015, 3:06:04 AM
Wow, this info is nice, but it ruined hopes for my build. I was going viper strike + splash. Due to the info, that viper strike is the only skill that does not stack poison, it means that basically any other skill with splash and poison chance from tree will be better than Viper strike + splash. Sorry but I think this is ridiculous, that for example dual strike + poison chance, I basically get improved version of viper strike.
Could you please one and for all clarify if "Rapid Decay" works with poison support or not?

When hitting 1 enemy multiple times with 1 cast (e.g. Bladefall) is it true the poison get´s applied multiple times. 3 hits result in 3 poison stacks?

Thx in advance
Last edited by SlowMo on Dec 15, 2015, 3:21:48 AM
"
roxoorz wrote:
Wow, this info is nice, but it ruined hopes for my build. I was going viper strike + splash. Due to the info, that viper strike is the only skill that does not stack poison, it means that basically any other skill with splash and poison chance from tree will be better than Viper strike + splash. Sorry but I think this is ridiculous, that for example dual strike + poison chance, I basically get improved version of viper strike.


Is this with regard to "It's the same for all instances except Viper Strike, at the moment. Viper Strike specifically overrides the poison duration with its own base skill duration."?

I have Viper Strike in my current toolset, and unless my confirmation bias is off the charts I'd like to say Viper Strike stacks just like any other poison, with the difference being stacks lasting for eight rather than two seconds.

---

GGG: Are there any instances you know of where poison can be applied twice per hit (e.g. Viper Strike with Poison support), or is a 100% chance to apply a single stack of poison the most that can be achieved with regard to appliance?

Thanks for the great information provided in the OP! :-)
"
Nymphzetamine wrote:
Is this with regard to "It's the same for all instances except Viper Strike, at the moment. Viper Strike specifically overrides the poison duration with its own base skill duration."?


At one point I thought that it does stack. But unless I red that wrong, I think it says that it doesn't.
"
roxoorz wrote:
"
Nymphzetamine wrote:
Is this with regard to "It's the same for all instances except Viper Strike, at the moment. Viper Strike specifically overrides the poison duration with its own base skill duration."?


At one point I thought that it does stack. But unless I red that wrong, I think it says that it doesn't.


All that was saying is that poison from viper strike lasts 8 seconds instead of the usual 2 seconds. You can or decrease the duration with support gems unlike poison from most other sources.
It stacks just fine.
Dem metal chickens
Last edited by Vorthaz on Dec 15, 2015, 3:51:01 AM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
If Poison is linked to a Projectile attack does "increased projectile damage" also increase poison damage?

In this case, the Projectile Damage will also increase the Poison damage, meaning the bonus will apply twice if the poison is applied by a projectile.

Now, this is VERY unintuitive to me, is this intentional? Could you clarify this a bit?
1) if Poison is linked to Spell, does "increased spell damage" also increase poison damage? (double dipping on degeneration)?
2) same question about Area of Effect.
3) is this true for other degeneration effect? Does increase projectile/spell damage affect not only initial hit, but also degeneration effect of bleed/burn?


1) No. there are 4 types of dmg. Spell, Attack, Damage over Time and "Secondary". Every kind of damage can only ever be one of these 4 types. Poison is Chaos, Poison, Damage over Time and sp increased spell damage will not affect it
2) Yes it will but only if the source that applied the poison damage is an Area of effect to begin with.
So increased area of effect damage will work on Rain of Arrow + Poison but not on Frenzy + Poison
3) Yes it is the same for other degeneration effects. Most notably Puncture works exactly the same and is very well documented. You can reach absurd numbers on the bleed if you stack Projectile, Trap and Mine modifiers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info