Talisman and Poison Questions and Answers

Does linking Poison to Caustic Arrow somehow make the clouds stack? I've seen 2 videos in which this does seem to be the case, and it also seemed to work when I tested it myself. The dot increase seemed to be much more than I would imagine from the normal on-hit poison damage, given how low my actual arrow dps is.
"
Citrusss wrote:
Love the fast responses, really glad GGG isn't afraid to admit when there is a mistake and they often explain their thinking in the process. Hardly any games have this level of transparency and community attentive devs imo.

Of course it's arguable but if you played WoD you'll see how a gigantic company with 1000x the resources hardly ever corrects anything until sub numbers plummet to near Vanilla level. Yet here we have GGG with a hell of a lot less manpower that just finished working on an entire league, additional pack items (began to correct initial packs within the hour of announcement), & even working on Ascendancy, and they're still attentive and quick to act. Wish some of the more negative community members would put away the hatchet and give praise when it's deserved.

Now if they only can come clean on the T-shirt Problems, because it is real bad business for GGG
and it is costing them Thousands of Dollars and it is leaving a really bad taste in peoples mouth's.

EOL
so far i havent seen much power out of using poison and shadow compared to the other elements. ive backed my level 54 shadow out of most the poison/dot/chaos nodes right now because even with all them plugged, adding the added cold damage gem surpassed the poison gems dps by a lot. thats bad.
Okay, a decent, clear explanation of these things... but I'd like y'all to work in one more:

Since the 'level' of the creatures spawned is determined solely by the talismans used, there needs to be a level counter visible somewhere while you're socketing the talismans.
Having to run the math in your head or with an out-of-client calculator is a PITA that is disruptive to game flow/immersion.

As well, you might want to implement 'recipes' (crafting for the resultant mods of the summoned mobs and perhaps the hoped-for-pray-to-RNG talisman drop) dependent on what talismans are placed where in the summoning altar.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
As a somewhat casual player (who often gets sucked into the general awesomeness of POE on a somewhat regular basis :)), I have to commend the effort you as a team of professionals approach your communication towards the community of players. I will never take for granted the amount of work and dedication you all have towards creating such a deep, rewarding and fun gaming experience.

Happy holidays guys and gals at GGG, and may 2016 bring about much success for you all!
The adventure is not outside...it is within.
I have a fire spell caster that uses 100% fire to chaos conversion with Consuming Dark to poison enemies. I understand that chaos damage nodes will double dip, dealing extra hit damage with my spells and also increasing the amount of chaos damage the target takes with each poison stack. Are there other nodes/bonuses etc. that can be used to double dip the damage in this manner? In particular I want to know, does Increased Damage from jewels or items cause the dot damage to be increased?
"
If Poison is linked to a Projectile attack does "increased projectile damage" also increase poison damage?

In this case, the Projectile Damage will also increase the Poison damage, meaning the bonus will apply twice if the poison is applied by a projectile.

edit: That is a bit confusing, but i read here:

Recent Community Questions Answered!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1528287/

I taken it for good.

IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jan 2, 2016, 6:02:28 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Okay, a decent, clear explanation of these things... but I'd like y'all to work in one more:

Since the 'level' of the creatures spawned is determined solely by the talismans used, there needs to be a level counter visible somewhere while you're socketing the talismans.
Having to run the math in your head or with an out-of-client calculator is a PITA that is disruptive to game flow/immersion.

As well, you might want to implement 'recipes' (crafting for the resultant mods of the summoned mobs and perhaps the hoped-for-pray-to-RNG talisman drop) dependent on what talismans are placed where in the summoning altar.

hold alt while hovering the talisman.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
reliq wrote:
I have one more crucial question about poison:
Can stack applies multiple times at once ? For instance using Viper strike + adder's touch from tree + poison support gem ? That should result in 2-3 stack per hit depending on proc of adder's touch.
No. Any given hit either does or does not apply poison. Applying chance to poison to something that already always applies poison is redundant.

Hi, I know this is an old post but just wanted to know if the same still applies to poison ailment in 3.0 beta ?

If I hit an enemy using Viper Strike while having Mortem Morsu and Snakebite equipped with full frenzy charges, do I only apply 1 stack of poison on hit or do I apply 3 stacks of poison?

Thanks.
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info