Talisman and Poison Questions and Answers

"
Meridin wrote:
"
Kroughfire wrote:
Quick question.

If skill effect duration nodes effect the duration of poison, then why don't they affect the duration of other status ailments? It seems very strange to me that poison would be an exception to this rule (except for a poison generated by viper strike of course).

While, I never want to ask for something which is thoroughly bad for my current build, it might be better to not have the base duration of poison affected by skill effect duration. This seems a lot better for the game than having duration nodes affect *all* status ailments.

I'm not super upset, more just confused, and think it's currently pretty weird that it works this way.
"
Battlemilo wrote:
Since the increase skill duration modifiers apply to poison, shouldn't the poison support gem have a "duration" tag?

I'd like an answer to these as well. The only way it makes sense is if Poison (and Bleeding) are not considered status ailments. But that doesn't make sense either.

Long time ago GGG had established that the duration of the elements could only be increased with increased freeze/chill, burn, or shock nodes. Viper's charge however because it is a true duration attack has always been able to increased with duration nodes. Viper always stacked, previously limited to 4, then became unlimited. Poison however isn't really a true duration skill, in fact itbisnt a skill at all and thus not affected by the nodes. Instead poison (except viper's version) gives you 20% damage over 2 seconds. You actually wouldn't want to increase duration because the itbis 20% damage over 3 or 4 seconds making the Dot even worse.

Chaos is the type of damage poison is but not all chaos is poison. So essence drain and contagion for example could apply poison with consuming Dirk, then the passive increase poison damage will increase the poison portion of the damage(20% damage over 2 seconds to over 40% damage over same 2 seconds with 100% increase)

Lastly I've been thinking. There is a sire of shards has 100% increase projectile damage, double dipping with essence drain and it adds 4 projectile. Does that mean we can have 5 essence drain with a boost in damage. So a six link version, stacking damage can potentially be a viable solution with that skill.
Can someone from devs answer a simple question, because I didn't found reliable answer on theese 13 pages:

Poison support is linked to a flameblast. Will fire/area/spell damage modifiers increase poison damage, like say chaos damage or damage over time will?
"
hungrymole wrote:
Can someone from devs answer a simple question, because I didn't found reliable answer on theese 13 pages:

Poison support is linked to a flameblast. Will fire/area/spell damage modifiers increase poison damage, like say chaos damage or damage over time will?

"Only physical and chaos damage are able to inflict poison." Source

Otherwise any damage your spell does is increased by spell damage. So you can link "Added Chaos Damage" to Flameblast and Spell Damage will increases the Chaos potion of the spell too.

Fire Damage will not directly increases Chaos Damage.

Using Consuming Dark and/or Infernal Mantle that transform Fire Damage to Chaos Damage will allow you to increase your Chaos Damage with Fire Damage notes, because the damage increasement to Fire Damage will apply before the transformation from Fire to Chaos.

As example when you use The Consuming Dark with Infernal Mantle your total Fire Damage will be transformed to Chaos Damage. Getting +100% increased Fire Damage will get you praktically +100% increases Chaos Damage.
Last edited by Warester on Dec 16, 2015, 10:48:48 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

If I link an attack gem to Poison, does linking Void Manipulation increases poison damage?

Void manipulation will apply to the poison. If your skill deals chaos damage, it will apply to the hit, and then to the damage of the poison based on that hit.

What happens if Void Manipulation is connected to a skill like Dual Strike and we have other source of poison like Adder's Touch. Is the more chaos dmg from Void Manipulation applied to the poison afflicted by Dual Strike?
For me it is still not clear ...
I use for example Contagion and afterwards Essence Drain ...
Essence Drain is linked in the following way:
Void Manipulation -> Rapid Decay -> Controlled Destruction -> Poison

From my point of view Posion should help, cause ED is "Projectile" is "Chaos" etc.
Is this correct and it works? No tool tipp change in this constellation?

Another question for me is: When Contagion is used and one enemy dies by ED, which effect jumps over?
Is it Contagion which "stacks" many times or is it Essence Drain for all which are effected by Contagion?
If it is ED, what is in Party, when I use Conatagion and friend kills one enemy with for example Bladefall. Bladefall damage jumps over to other enemies and spreads Contagion?

Sorry, for my confusion -> help appreciated
IGN: nbac
Shop ID: 508240
#1 Life/ ES Belt Race Reward Design: 594591
#1 ES Chest | ilvl80 | 6x TT | 1037 ES: 830699
"
cuchio wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

If I link an attack gem to Poison, does linking Void Manipulation increases poison damage?

Void manipulation will apply to the poison. If your skill deals chaos damage, it will apply to the hit, and then to the damage of the poison based on that hit.

What happens if Void Manipulation is connected to a skill like Dual Strike and we have other source of poison like Adder's Touch. Is the more chaos dmg from Void Manipulation applied to the poison afflicted by Dual Strike?

Any source of increased/more chaos damage affects the poison that occurs, whether from adder's touch,poison gem, or any item that cause poison on hit.
Last edited by FunJonny on Dec 18, 2015, 6:08:19 PM
"
nbacx wrote:
For me it is still not clear ...
I use for example Contagion and afterwards Essence Drain ...
Essence Drain is linked in the following way:
Void Manipulation -> Rapid Decay -> Controlled Destruction -> Poison

From my point of view Posion should help, cause ED is "Projectile" is "Chaos" etc.
Is this correct and it works? No tool tipp change in this constellation?

Another question for me is: When Contagion is used and one enemy dies by ED, which effect jumps over?
Is it Contagion which "stacks" many times or is it Essence Drain for all which are effected by Contagion?
If it is ED, what is in Party, when I use Conatagion and friend kills one enemy with for example Bladefall. Bladefall damage jumps over to other enemies and spreads Contagion?

Sorry, for my confusion -> help appreciated

When an enemy dies that was inflicted with contagion + essence drain, the remaining duration of both skills transfers to the nearby enemies.*"The debuff is spread by contagion." is from the essence drain skill.*

Contagion does not transfer anything else besides essence drain.

The poison gem will allow the projectile hit (Chaos portion of course) from essence drain to apply poison and it will not change the tool tip because it is a status ailment applied onto the enemy.Also, keep the first statement above in mind, it will not transfer the poison if they are affected by contagion when killed. The only unique that can spread poison is Bino's I believe.

In lieu of all that, I'd still recommend the poison gem as a valuable 5th/6th link because currently, essence drain has trouble with single target dps and the poison gem is further amplified through the increased damage over time,stacking and increased chaos damage nodes a contagion + essence drain build would acquire.
Last edited by FunJonny on Dec 18, 2015, 6:19:34 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Harest wrote:
Thanks for the info. Just one thing is missing but maybe it's just random as usual : How is Talisman's rarity determined ?

I saw some stuff on Reddit about this but i don't think it was quite accurate. Anyway, some info about it would be nice too. To know if it's useful to sacrifice rare talismans or not.

When sacrificing 5 Talismans, each Talisman adds 20% of a Talisman of its rarity being the resulatant one.

So if you sacrifice one white, one magic, two rare and one unique, your odds are 20% chance of a white talisman, 20% chance of a magic, 40% chance of a rare, and 20% chance of a unique.

Thanks for the info!

I really got lucky :D

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Does the level of the area where I use a Stone Circle matter?

Only if the talismans you are using result in a talisman lower than the level of the area. In this case, the monsters summoned from the stone circle will match the level of the area, rather than the level of the talisman. This does not cause them to drop higher level Talismans than they otherwise would have.

Doesn't this mean that using low itemlevel Tier 3 Talismans in a level 80+ Zone would summon a Level 80+ Rigwald? A lot of people have conflicting answers to this, but according to this post it should be the case...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
so no reason to keep an talisman till you get to T13 maps? That seems a strange way to do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info