[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Had a pretty good time with this build in Tali, so I made my own calc for Ascendancy to compare different setups. EE as I understand it is always -50% to fire res so it shouldn't be difficult to factor in - I have an intermediate step that calculates the target's final resist from base resist, curses, curse effect, and EE.

Spent most of my playtime with a 5-link and temp + flammability + PoF (1st/3rd columns in calc), and did fine through high maps and atziri. It was enough to burst down most bosses before they could do much (including atziri split phases) so going beyond dual curse didn't feel worth the movespeed loss or life/resist gearing crunch.
so going beyond dual curse didn't feel worth the movespeed loss or life/resist gearing crunch.

For me one ringslot for a big more multiplier is worth the loss of life, hell even Enfeeble is worth more than 200 life on a ring :P

"
EE as I understand it is always -50% to fire res so it shouldn't be difficult to factor in -I have an intermediate step that calculates the target's final resist from base resist, curses, curse effect, and EE.

thats true, but i also have to consider overcapped resists and the resist cap, dunno how to handle that atm.

75 resists are the cap on monsters, EE reduces that to 25. It doesn´t matter if the target has 200 total resists, it cannot have more than 25.

curses however still consider the total resists

if the target has 200 resists, my curses reduce that by 110 they are still overcapped and have 75% resists, with EE 25%

I think the maximum monster resist is 125 + bossresist (45 for malachai, vaal, dominus) > 170

80 Fire resi mod
3 endurance charges > 45 resi
Curse immune (somewhat)
Monster aura/rare mods/whatever (do we really go this deep? :D)

To fit in all this variables i need some more coffee OR

For high resist maps WITH EE just drop curses and EE (i used it as 1.5 multiplier... for 0 resi targets) in the calculation and go for 25% resist.

Without EE on a super high resist map take 75% resists and no curses.

For normal mapmod calcs (125% fire resi) it should work normally without EE, with EE i need some fix.

- need to fix ee that its based on the resist instead of a multiplier (was intended to only calculate 0 resist targets...)

- need to drop the 0 resist calc part because every curse needs to be based on the resist department.

- need to find a way to get 75% resist cap in there (the hard part for me, no excel pro here)

- fuck math, is 0 resist calc not enough :P

- really have problems with the resistance cap... type in >9000 resists, still get only 75% BUT 25% with EE / 45% with Malachais Artifice EE

the big question is: does calculating all the resist shit help for building the character? i dont think so.

We know that extreme high resists are bad for damage and EE is the best choice in this case (see general information section), because it takes a big dump on resists.

For zero resists curses are stronger (-45 resi * 1.2+ curse effectiveness is higher than EE).
For Bosses EE is stronger, Curses aren´t as bad either.

Curse effectiveness and the boss curse malus are additive. my 1.4 effect -0.6 of the boss results in 0.8 effective curses which still is -36% resi (lvl 20 flammability).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 1:34:14 AM
I'm sitting here constantly during the day refreshing to see what new stuff people are coming up with ;)

I've pretty much worked my stuff out but the discussion is certainly interesting. I really don't think all that stuff with resistances is all that important. We're a very tanky build more so with the 40% more armour for ourselves with merc labyrinth this build is going to do awesome dmg ;)

Can't wait.
increased armour if you pick the node ;)

Currently i have problems with the youtube account, you can watch the videos but cannot browse the videos on the channel anymore and i have no clue why, everything is public and it worked last time i checked it...

if there is a youtube expert here and has an idea massage me plx :P

whatever, on my mobile it works like it should... some kind of black magic

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 3:37:53 AM
Loving the idea of this build for 2.2. Would you consider the tree 'final' for now until you can actually test it?
"
Pocket_Medic wrote:
Loving the idea of this build for 2.2. Would you consider the tree 'final' for now until you can actually test it?

Spoiler
Skilltree 1
Both are very similar. The difference is the pathing out of the Templar Area. This tree helps until you are geared with the additional resists from Elementalist and earlier Ancestral Bond. I will start with this.
When my gear is stable (no changes frequently) and my resists are overcappd i go for Skilltree 2.
Skilltree 2
We path through Retribution and skip the 26% elemental damage which can be used somewhere else more efficient (jewel for excample). The 10 dex node can be valuable too for gear requirement, this may save the 30 dex node (agility), retribution doesn´t offer damage but 5% castspeed are fine for a slightly faster start of RF, think about it as a regular travelnode.

Both trees are made with Sovereignty. You only need the -reservation nodes if you run 3 blasphemy curses, skip it if you run 1 blasphemy + 50% aura or 2x blasphemy

After this point pick more Life in the Witch area, jewels, firedamage, shamanistic fury, the scion aoe nodes with the intuitive leap jewel or whatever else you like. Most options are marked in the picture below :)

updated this in the guide.

There are some things that may change in the first 1-2 weeks depending on the experience i´ve (or you guys) made with the new stuff etc.
But i consider this ´final´ for the start of the league. I think its the most efficient and easiest start you can get with this build with solid defence and offence.

Just checked:

If my totem deal 147k dps in 2.1 with EE
it will deal 338k dps in 2.2 without EE, 383k dps with tiny EE (malachais artifice)

If my calc works correct

we get:

1.49 more dmg with ele focus
1.4 more dmg with ele overload
1.16 more dmg with chieftain node

i just dont know if ele focus and ele overload are multiplicative or additive with each other (both more elemental damage, but one is a buff one a gem...)

overall we basically get double dmg this patch

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 4:17:28 AM
The patch notes are out and....the totems take fire dmg? :/

I see you mentioned sth about Helmannn's video, I was watching that live and they did take fire dmg from the 1st boss on the Coast.

You say he had made a mistake and hadn't chosen the fire immunity node??

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
The patch notes are out and....the totems take fire dmg? :/

I see you mentioned sth about Helmannn's video, I was watching that live and they did take fire dmg from the 1st boss on the Coast.

You say he had made a mistake and hadn't chosen the fire immunity node??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9TAI-Xf1Kc

There´s the proof too that it works... man i wanted that alpha access to make such a video myself :/

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 7:34:56 AM
soo, spire or stone or rare?
No rest for the wicked
depends

If you want life on you jewels take %life + %totem life, if you dont care take spire of stone.

I would use one Spire of Stone just for the Totem Stun immunity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info