[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
levin70 wrote:
The searing touch staff would appear to be a really synergistic fit with the RF totem

It works, it has ups and downs.

doryanis catalyst gives us 10% + 80-100% elemental damage.
searing touch 70% burning + 20-40% firedmg.

Both deal the same damage, one is a 1h mace, the other one a 2h staff.

The benefit of searing touch is the +2 firegems for Searing Bond, SB will deal more dmg with more links and the +2 firegems.
2x doryanis would be the double dmg of searing touch which helps searing bond and rf, but the bond isn't as strong as in a 6l. RF is way stronger with 2x dory.

1h + shield gives use aoe (trolltimber) or huge armor, life, resists and block.

it depends on personal preference, for me 1h+shield is the winner ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Is the MoM HC version still good in dmg at end game?

and what auras do you use if u go this version? still the same?
You should run only one aura+clarity for a higher free manapool, grace or determination for excample.

Better use curse on hit instead of blasphemy like ball lightning + ele weakness + flammability and vulnerability (or enfeeble/temp chains) on cwdt.
vulnerability has 33% more degendmg on all level, but if you wanna be safe take the defensive route.

I havent played it endgame, the biggest part of the dmg comes with totem life, curses, EE and the %increase dmg on the tree. Later Doryanis catalyst + doedres scorn can give you up to 190% elemental dmg alone. i wouldnt be worried about the dmg output solo or in small partys.

So far i havent played this char in endgame maps, only some midtier and EE isnt even needed there because the damage output is too high.

I'm trying out this build, currently in a1 cruel.

Searing Touch might actually be good for something other than using searing bond with more links: it would allow some shenanigans like: lightning trap-chain-curse on hit-curse x3 (although shock nova or ice nova/trap might actually be more helpful). Better than doryani's/shield? Probably not, but interesting.
Last edited by EntropyMu on Dec 15, 2015, 9:49:27 PM
afaik you sadly cant use CoH with traps.
i just keep my lightning trap on a low lvl for the manacost.
searing touch is an option, but its not really cheaper than a doryanis, but if you have one just use it.

Yo mate, nice guide. This is an awesome idea!

I've never done a RF before so... I dont know very well how this works.
I was wondering: does the "spell damage" mod increase the damage of RF, or just the elemental/fire damage works? Coz i was thinking on doing this build low life BM (since RF costs 0) and i should take different passive nodes in the starting area i suppose.
The stats thst increase RF totem damage are:

- fire dmg%
- damage over time%
- elemental dmg%
- totem dmg%
- totem life%
- area damage%
- burning damage%

further we have

- resistance curses (ele weak, flammability)
- vulnerability (33% more degen dmg)
- elemental equilibrium
- shock (vaal l.trap)
- frenzy charges
- discipline and vaal discipline

gems

- spelltotem level (+1 gems/supportgems, empower doesnt work)
- incr. burning dmg
- rapid decay (only with totems, not selfcast)
- culling strike (%dmg per lvl)
- concentrated effect
- enhance

i will add it in the guide later

spelldmg/crit doesnt work with rf/sb

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 16, 2015, 1:30:03 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
The stats thst increase RF totem damage are:

- fire dmg%
- damage over time%
- elemental dmg%
- totem dmg%
- totem life%
- area damage%
- burning damage%

further we have

- resistance curses (ele weak, flammability)
- vulnerability (33% more degen dmg)
- elemental equilibrium
- shock (vaal l.trap)
- frenzy charges
- discipline and vaal discipline

gems

- spelltotem level (+1 gems/supportgems, empower doesnt work)
- incr. burning dmg
- rapid decay (only with totems, not selfcast)
- culling strike (%dmg per lvl)
- concentrated effect

i will add it in the guide later

spelldmg/crit doesnt work with rf/sb

Yeah i thought so. Even the gamepedia says so about RF.

I was thinking on doing something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA3UGDgn2DXwOPBDMEVAUcRZvFy8YVhhqGYoaOBpsGo8c3B2qIvQkqiW8J-0o-ilPK7Yspy9vNbk26TlSPAU9X0ZxUUxSU1XWV8lYB1h3WOVZ81orXGteXV8EX7Bk52aeaHRsC20Zb55wu3IPcql4aXyDf8aApIKbgseDCYRIjEaMdo9GkFWRK5MnlKCXlZf0mK2aO5uhm7Wdrp48n9-j8qcIp5SsR6yqtAy3MbiTvorBxcMTwzrDbcT2xq7KSsrT0f3UfNhN2RPaYttP37_gw-GI42rqGOq66-7sGOw473z2rvba9zL3wffX-JP46_no-tL7Cf5J

But i fear i will do shitful damage.
1. there is no reason to go low life with rf/searing bond totems. The benefit is @zero...
Only Discipline grants some dps for rf totems, everything is optional and depends on personal preference.
I prefer blasphemy atm for clearspeed (no coh manually cursing), other defensive options like determination, grace, AA, PoF (without totem resist gem a must have).

You can reserve 100% mana and cast utility with bm gems or 90% and cast everything, should be enough for blasphemy OR pof+50% or different variations.

2. if you start a scion take the aoe nodes ;)

3. if you really wanna go LL i wouldnt path down to BM/Ironwood, run bm gems and take more jewels/dmg. remember, rf totem costs 0 mana.

4. better dont use low life, CI with disci, PoF and AA would work better if you really wanna go for ES

if you want i can later still take a close look on your tree

"
Milkyslice wrote:
1. there is no reason to go low life with rf/searing bond totems. The benefit is @zero...
Only Discipline grants some dps for rf totems, everything is optional and depends on personal preference.
I prefer blasphemy atm for clearspeed (no coh manually cursing), other defensive options like determination, grace, AA, PoF (without totem resist gem a must have).

You can reserve 100% mana and cast utility with bm gems or 90% and cast everything, should be enough for blasphemy OR pof+50% or different variations.

2. if you start a scion take the aoe nodes ;)

3. if you really wanna go LL i wouldnt path down to BM/Ironwood, run bm gems and take more jewels/dmg. remember, rf totem costs 0 mana.

4. better dont use low life, CI with disci, PoF and AA would work better if you really wanna go for ES

if you want i can later still take a close look on your tree

I would not get much benefit from auras, that's true. But im planning to play with my bro. And i wanted to do this build with some support. So, thinking about the fact that this build costs 0 and is somewhat indipendant from gear (aside from a couple of pieces), i thought that i could still use this build and add some support auras to be more useful in party.

The build that you have done does not grant any benefit for party, it is studied to be played 100% on solo (especially if u gear MF, since RF cant cull).

Thats' why i was studying something like that. Anyway the CI tip is really useful for me to level up, at least. Maybe in the end you're right even in endgame, dunno, i'll see it.

Anyway i decided to start with the witch, with this tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAO4DdQ18DjwRUBRxFHUVIBZvFy8YahjbGYoabBqPGyUc3B1PHaoi9CSqJbwo-ilPKaUqTSzpL281uTbpOVI8BT1fRnFLrlFMUlNV1lfJWAdYd1jlWfNaK1uvXGteXV8EX7Bk52aebAttGW-ecLtyD3KpdPF8g31bf8aApIKbgseDCYRIjHaPGo9GkSuTJ5eVl_SYrZo7m6GbtZ2unjyf36Evo_KnCKcrp5SsR6yqtAy3MbiTvorBxcMTwzrDbcpKytPR_dkT2VvbT90N34rfv-DD4YjjaukC6hjquuvu7BjsOO989tr3MvfB99f46_no-tL7Cf5J

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info