[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
What is keeping your totems alive? Mine seems to die pretty fast from the RF (& mobs).
I'm running 5L in Carcass Jack. RF + Sp.totem + Minion&Totem Res + Rapid Decay + AoE/Conc.

The totems doesn't last longer than 4-5 seconds, I just spam them all over the mobs until they die,
most of the time the totems overlap eachoter for consistent damage in 1 location.
It's one of the drawbakcs with this build when it comes to clear speed, on the otehr hand you get a strong defensive position and don't have to worry about reflect.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Feb 13, 2016, 10:43:09 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:

The totems doesn't last longer than 4-5 seconds, I just spam them all over the mobs until they die,
most of the time the totems overlap eachoter for consistent damage in 1 location.
It's one of the drawbakcs with this build when it comes to clear speed, on the otehr hand you get a strong defensive position and don't have to worry about reflect.

I see. I thought my totems were just way to squishy. It did help to get a higher level totem res with 20% quality though. I just reset this character for this guide, so haven't tried much with it yet. Do you have any suggestions for my setup?
Currently I am running with this:
Items

+ A 5th quicksilver, but I'm considering a Granite instead, the extra charges + extra moves seems like enough

Passive
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEBwSzC2EQzBJpFCAWbxccFy8Yaho4HNwdFCSqJy8o-iu2NZI22DbpOlg8BTwtPV9Bh0PIRZ1JG0yzTeNPBFBHUlNTUlXGVdZYB1h3WOVZ81orXwRfP2TnZp5nm2jycXlyD3gvfOV99YCkgseDX4PMg9uK5IxGjxqPRpBVkSuXlZf0mK2a4Juhm-ycvp2un9-iAKPypwismK4-r2y3PriTwGbDE8T2xq7Yvdrd42rkUevu7w7vfPAf8WzyRffX-JP56PrS_gr-jw==?accountName=fluman&characterName=AnacondaBuns
Last edited by Keshr0 on Feb 14, 2016, 2:47:53 AM
20% quality doesnt really help for totem resists, they are already resist capped without it.
Overall the duration doesnt matter if the mobs die before the totems.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 14, 2016, 4:52:30 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
20% qualoty doesnt really help for totem. resists, they are already resist capped without it.
Overall the duration doesnt really matter if the mobs die before the totems.

I went from a lv 13 gem to a lv 18 w/20%. Made them go down slower.
But mobs aren't "popping" like they are for you. So totems tend to die before the mobs sometimes. I can record some footage after I've had some breakfast to show. Might be doing something wrong - or that missing 6L must really do a big difference.
Last edited by Keshr0 on Feb 14, 2016, 4:00:18 AM
a level 13 resi gem caps the tptem resists at 75 fire resi.

25% base resi on every difficulty
13% on the tree
37% for a lvl 13 gem

= 75 resists

@Dkodr

Yeah its like Caustic Arrow in Party, the damage might not be high enough on a non crit degen build in a 6 man party if you compare it with voltaic, coc, whatever high dmg build and you shift more into a support role with the curses and EE.
If the party is too fast/good i dont see a problem with it and Conc Effect might be a good option for more singletarget dps if the packs fall like flies.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 14, 2016, 5:02:56 AM
Here I failed in an Orchard map.. really-really badly. The other maps I've done haven't gone this bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbczsuyC2B0
Suggestions?

Ps. Don't know why my curser isn't getting recorded.
Last edited by Keshr0 on Feb 14, 2016, 5:46:52 AM
if youve read the guide you have noticed that those quill beasts (that are on basically every orchard map) + chain is superscary and deadly

you ran one of the worst possible maps(mods) combination possible

quillbeasts + critchance/multi + power charges + added lightning dmg (shock) with a totem build.

Your dmg seems fine for an enfeeble map

"
- Mapmods: Selfcaster can't do/have big issues with Bloodmagic, no Regeneration, -% Recovery, -max Resista and Vulnerability. The Totemer has only one weakness, which is Chain. Chain is doable, but dangerous against a few Mobs and Bosses and shouldn't be rolled on some maps.

a boss with one shotting chaining projectile on a map with strong projectile based monsters and tons of extra damage is suicide

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 14, 2016, 6:03:44 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
if youve read the guide you have noticed that those quill beasts (that are on basically every orchard map) + chain is superscary and deadly

you ran one of the worst possible maps(mods) possible

quillbeasts + critchance/multi + power charges + added lightning dmg (shock) with a totem build

Got to be honest. Didn't click on every spoiler. Hehe. My bad.

But yes, I see the logic in it now. Hadn't tried that map with those mods using your build before. I'll try with another map soon and upload it. If you care to look at it of course. Thanks for the quick responses btw.
Last edited by Keshr0 on Feb 14, 2016, 6:02:44 AM
I see that your spelltotem is "just" lvl 18, the next level will increase the totem dmg and surivability by a lot again ;) Enough for most of the content, but gem level on spells are just very important (in this case spelltotem lvls).

Ive ran some maps with chain from time to time, but some bosses/mobs are just very scary, the orchard devourer boss, marveil, that lightning spider boss and other guys with strong projectile. Thats a weakness every totem/minion based build has.

If threre are just 1-2 types of mobs on a chain map you can react against it with flasks (granite against archer, ruby against fireballs etc) and defensive gameplay.

The build in general is easy to setup and play, but there are some things that get important or can go very in depth on mid-high tier maps that require more knowledge about certain mechanics/the build that ive listed in several categories like general information, faq, strength/weaknesses etc

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 14, 2016, 6:18:19 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
I see that your spelltotem is "just" lvl 18, the next level will increase the totem dmg and surivability by a lot again ;) Enough for most of the content, but gem level on spells are just very important (in this case spelltotem lvls).

Ive ran some maps with chain from time to time, but some bosses/mobs are just very scary, the orchard devourer boss, marveil, that lightning spider boss and other guys with strong projectile. Thats a weakness every totem/minion based build has.

If threre are just 1-2 types of mobs on a chain map you can react against it with flasks (granite against archer, ruby against fireballs etc) and defensive gameplay.

The build in general is easy to setup and play, but there are some things that get important or can go very in depth on mid-high tier maps that require more knowledge about certain mechanics/the build that ive listed in several categories like general information, faq, strength/weaknesses etc

Yeah, I made build playable on my toon just last night. Had the pieces, just not the sockets, links & colors. Haven't had much time with it yet. Many of my gems I had to buy from vendors and some I had on another character I don't play anymore.

Does lvl and quality matter anything on RF? If I remember correctly, Q% gives only spell power, right?

- You don't need all the spoilers in the guide. It's a bit confusing, at least for me. But again, I might just be to tired right now. No sleep.

Edit: Just crafted this one, isn't it pretty decent for this build?

Or are one of these better?
Last edited by Keshr0 on Feb 14, 2016, 6:43:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info