[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Yea, figured as much.. while it works really nice against mobs on top of TC and Enfeeble, you'll have to get awfully close to bosses. ;)
Hello together!
Can the RF Totems supported by Elemental focus still ignite?
Thanks a lot!
"
RushBone wrote:

Righteous Fire, self-cast or on totems, cannot ignite. Ignite is a status ailment triggered by HITS (critical strikes have a 100% chance) with fire damage that cause the affected target to take burning damage (fire damage over time).

RF and Searing Bond do not hit but they cause Burning, which is not a status ailment. In case you were wondering about the Chieftain Ascendancy notable Ngamahu, this will grant 35% increased damage against Burning enemies and does not depend on Ignite per se.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 18, 2016, 11:38:42 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:

Righteous Fire, self-cast or on totems, cannot ignite. Ignite is a status ailment triggered by HITS (critical strikes have a 100% chance) with fire damage that cause the affected target to take burning damage (fire damage over time).

Thanks! I was just curious because I saw enemies in flames which means they are ignited, or no?
Maybe the reflected Tukohama damage from totems is fire damage and thus ignites?
(with Ngamahu we have like 32% flat chance to ignite)
Then we could get profit from all the "to ignited enemies" stuff :)

One more thing before I forget:
Does the Trolltimber Spire Leech 1% from skills used by totems apply?
If we do not hit, probably we also cannot leech?

I believe the leech from Hinekora also does not apply?

I know it is a lot asked at once. Hope to find the truth :)

Here is my tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BAcEswagC2ENHxDMEmkUIBYLFm8XHBeMGGoaOBzcHRQkqicvK7Yy0TWSNuk6WDrhPAU8KDwtPV89_D8nQYdFR0WdSshMs03jUEdSU1NSVcZWSFgHWGNYd1jlWW1Z81orXwRfP1-YZIRmVGaeZ5to8m6qcXlyD3gve7N85YNfg8yD24xGjM-PGo9GkFWRK5Rvl5WX9Jrgm6Gcvp2un9-iAKPyplenCKyYrj6vbLXytz65fsBmwxPGBMauxtjPMs9n0B_YJNi942rkUevu7w7vfO_r8B_yRfZI99f4k_m9-ej60v4K_o8=?accountName=RushBone&characterName=Uebu_suka
Last edited by RushBone on Oct 18, 2016, 5:13:31 PM
They're always "in flames" when they're taking burning damage from RF or SB. And reflected damage cannot cause status ailments or stun.

And no, we cannot leech from RF or SB totems.

If you're using a third totem in boss fights to trigger EE, you will get some life leeched back with Trolltimber. For example, at the moment I'm toying around with SWT + Added Lightning (I find traps a bit of a nuisance with static bosses) but that's only 2k DPS which translates into 20 life leeched per second, absolutely nothing compared to our life regeneration anyway and it certainly wouldn't help much in "no regen" maps. ;)

Whether the reflected fire damage from Chieftain totems qualifies as "hits" I cannot say though... but reflect damage cannot proc EE, so we're fine.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 18, 2016, 1:56:33 PM
A quick heads up on Shockwave Totem + elemental damage. I'm using SWT + Added Lightning Damage + Culling Strinke (rather than having CS linked to OoS). For Chieftains this combo really works a treat against bosses that rather attack the player than the totems, making use of Tukohama's "Taunt on Hit"

If you want to test it try the Rhoas in Arid or Bog. The taunted boss keeps pounding away at the Shockwave Totem while he's getting grilled with RF and SB and Elemental Equilibrium being up permanently... a walk in the park. I have also done Supergoatman in Gorge, Oak in Springs and Izaro with similar ease. For Chieftains this does pretty much the same as Decoy Totem + traps, just using one skill rather than two.

My current gem setup:

Helm: Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Elemental Weakness + Enfeeble (or Flammabilty in fire-resist maps)

Chest: RF + ST + EF + RD + Less Duration + AoE Radius (Conc Effect for Bosses)

Weapon: CWDT + Immortal Call + OoS (self-cast)

Shield: Flame Dash + Enduring Cry + Stone Golem (Flame Golem in no-regen Maps)

Gloves: BM + SWT + ALD + CS

Boots: BM + SB + EF + RD

I just found me a pretty nice sceptre:

With room for another suffix, Strength or Mana Regeneration being the obvious choices. The high crit chance should be a decent boost for OoS. Nearly perfect, if it only was an Opal... ;)

I might actually drop Doryani's now. Sure, I'll loose 72% increased damage but OTH will this sceptre save me two sockets (if I move the Searing Bond setup into the sceptre and drop ALD since the sceptre adds lightning damage to proc EE with SWT anyway) which would allow me to use Rallying Cry and Increased Duration with my CWDT setup. Rallying Cry will make up for some of the loss of increased damage when needed. See how this will play out...
Last edited by tomay on Oct 20, 2016, 8:05:49 AM
"
tomay wrote:

Are you absolutely sure of that? The description for Hinekora reads "1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life" and "1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life". It doesn't say attack/spell damage, so that's as general as it can get in my opinion. Degen damage is still damage, so it should count.

If that's really not the case, then GGG needs to word this differently, cause right now most players (including me) would probably interpret it this way.
"
MoarStuff wrote:
"
tomay wrote:

Are you absolutely sure of that? The description for Hinekora reads "1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life" and "1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life". It doesn't say attack/spell damage, so that's as general as it can get in my opinion. Degen damage is still damage, so it should count.

If that's really not the case, then GGG needs to word this differently, cause right now most players (including me) would probably interpret it this way.

degenerations cannot leech.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Sorry if this was asked before, but I can't find it: wouldn't Doon be better than Doryani in MH? Especially if we take Chieftain % str bonus.
"
Terkhev wrote:
Sorry if this was asked before, but I can't find it: wouldn't Doon be better than Doryani in MH? Especially if we take Chieftain % str bonus.

if you can gain over 800 strength, yes. This is not an easy task with the pathing of the tree and some unique items which dont have strength
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info