[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

In a word, yes. This build is capable of dealing with endgame content. And and like many other totem builds it will most certainly accommodate a "lazy play style". ;)

You just have to get your defenses right. Temporal Chains, Enfeeble, and a Decoy Totem will trivialise most bosses the game has to offer.
"
tomay wrote:
In a word, yes. This build is capable of dealing with endgame content. And and like many other totem builds it will most certainly accommodate a "lazy play style". ;)

You just have to get your defenses right. Temporal Chains, Enfeeble, and a Decoy Totem will trivialise most bosses the game has to offer.

Thanks man! needed an answer, about to level up my marauder... just one more thing, this guide build or this one: [2.4] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem (farm Shaper/Uber/Core/Uber-Lab) SHAPER Deathless https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716684

If you answer that then im done for ages xD
Thanks!!!!!!!!
SARCARCONN™
"
Sarcarconn wrote:
just one more thing, this guide build or this one: [2.4] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

Warchief is all the rage this league and probably more powerful than RF Totem but did you look at your man's gear? Atziri's Disfavour, 6-Link Brass Dome or Belly, Taste of Hate, Vulnerability-corrupted gloves... We're talking about 25-30 Exalted Orbs. If you have this kind of currency, then Warchief is the better choice, if not.... well, this RF Totem build is dirt cheap in comparison and it gets the job done. You'll get a 6-link STR-based chest for as little as 1ex, Doryani's sceptre for less than 10c, Doedre's ring for 5c, Doedre's circlet for 1 alch. And that's pretty much you'll need for endgame content.
yeah thats it, rft is just cheap as fuck and gets the most out of using as many beneficial mechanics as possible.

played a chieftain warchieftotemer last league and it felt somehow slower with a selfcrafted 6l maul etc. just because the first hit of the totem is even slower than the cast of rf totems. Totems are squishier if you dont invest in their defence, but on the other side with good gear the damage is higher and can leech on a chieftain
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
And a 6-link chest is by no means required. The 6th link with Increased Burning Damage is nothing to write home about really. An Essence-crafted Opal ring will give you about the same amount of increased damage.

As milky said... cheap as f*ck. ;)
For the longest time I played self-cast RF and now I decided to try dual totem RF

I leveled my chieftan to 78 and must say... totems are awful. This is most disgusting build I ever tried. You need to cast gazillion skills, correctly place searing bond, while in self-cast you just run and pick up loot. Proc EE? Drop a trap. Proc overload? Cast orb of storms. Well, it did not proc lol.

You want to catch that ghost? Good luck, boy. And running bosses is just pain in ass.

While the damage of this build is really good, the clear speed is NOT. Put a totem, and you are already screen away when it activates. Few mobs walked away from skill radius and you have to go back and finish them. In self cast RF you just shield-bash till the boss, while here you are just constantly casting skills.

"
warpod wrote:
For the longest time I played self-cast RF and now I decided to try dual totem RF

I leveled my chieftan to 78 and must say... totems are awful. This is most disgusting build I ever tried. You need to cast gazillion skills, correctly place searing bond, while in self-cast you just run and pick up loot. Proc EE? Drop a trap. Proc overload? Cast orb of storms. Well, it did not proc lol.

You want to catch that ghost? Good luck, boy. And running bosses is just pain in ass.

While the damage of this build is really good, the clear speed is NOT. Put a totem, and you are already screen away when it activates. Few mobs walked away from skill radius and you have to go back and finish them. In self cast RF you just shield-bash till the boss, while here you are just constantly casting skills.

Well if its nothing for you, no problem. I cannot play selfcast anymore due to all the shitty mapmods for it.

You dont need to place Searing bond, traps or oos every single pack, thats a waste of time. Its only a damage boost on bosses and there i like the active gameplay to squeeze the most out of the dps.
I agree that the mapclearspeed is not T1 or T2, i personally use other builds for that (vaalspark, speedy decay), but it can clear just about any map where other builds gtfo. Doublereflect, no regen, bloodmagic and so on, i ran em all.
The last time i played selfcast rf (low life version last league) it had around the same clearspeed as rf totems. sometimes faster, sometimes slower. waiting for rare mobs to die or chasing mobs with selfcast rf is not fun for me, too. RF totem just places and walks by to the next pack. Its a matter of the playstyle. The build dont need EO and EE up on every single pack, but it has the option in a fire resi + enducharges + enfeeble map :)

But hey, if you dont like it, pass by, let the char go to standard to toy around with a full respecc or use him for those corrupted maps you wont run with another char :)

"
Milkyslice wrote:

Well if its nothing for you, no problem. I cannot play selfcast anymore due to all the shitty mapmods for it.

You dont need to place Searing bond, traps or oos every single pack, thats a waste of time. Its only a damage boost on bosses and there i like the active gameplay to squeeze the most out of the dps.
I agree that the mapclearspeed is not T1 or T2, i personally use other builds for that (vaalspark, speedy decay), but it can clear just about any map where other builds gtfo. Doublereflect, no regen, bloodmagic and so on, i ran em all.
The last time i played selfcast rf (low life version last league) it had around the same clearspeed as rf totems. sometimes faster, sometimes slower. waiting for rare mobs to die or chasing mobs with selfcast rf is not fun for me, too. RF totem just places and walks by to the next pack. Its a matter of the playstyle. The build dont need EO and EE up on every single pack, but it has the option in a fire resi + enducharges + enfeeble map :)

But hey, if you dont like it, pass by, let the char go to standard to toy around with a full respecc or use him for those corrupted maps you wont run with another char :)

I believe it is a matter of playstyle. Somehow I just cannot enjoy totems in general. RF totems I can compare to Caustic Arrow. While CA damage is much lower, you can have as many degen 'areas' as you like, and with RF you have only 2. And probably the most frustrating thing is an activation delay. If there is a mess on the screen and you get interrupted you don't realize that there is no totem until activation delay timeout passes. Also, cast on forbidden area (like stone) - no totem.

Sorry for being too negative about RF totems, you really made a great job with this build. I spent hours studying your guide and leveling was very smooth. It's just my own playstyle makes it unenjoyable.
Np, i get away from totems more and more too, played too many totems the last leagues. Well the reason is just those totem builds in general have easier times mapping while sacrificing clearspeed and leech mechanics (well except chieftain with leech and/or regen or berserker via warcrys).

Yeah i compare it with CA, too.Well at least the playstyle, CA dmg is really trashy without a +3 bow, lvl3/4 empower and a 6link :p

Any league i end with at least one totem char, one fast mapper (coc, vspark...) and one melee as well as some experimental char with new uniques/mechanics/whatever.

I even played 3 totem builds this league, Bladefall totems, rf totems and flameblast totems... and rf totems was by far the best for me. Thats something ;)

https://youtu.be/OSFmCPlfm2E Chimera Fight, no mentianable mapmods, first try ever, last phase worked the best, deathless.

Gear used:

The playstyle was the best in the last phase, stayed close to chimera and could deal more damage. Conc effect would have worked that way, too.
Other Guardians are coming, didnt really want to run them, but i fucking cant complete the essence challenge since the delirium one wont spawn/get corrupted in like thousands of maps -.-

edit:

removed hydra video because i had sound problems with that vid :/

however slayed all guardians today, three basically deathless (one rip while swapping aoe with conc effect in combat which was stupid) and minotaur two rips, wouldnt happen again. Minotaur was pretty easy too until i fucked up hard :P

shaper try will come once i have some silence for concentration at home. dont know if the dps is high enough on my gear, 21/20 spelltotem, firedmg on ring/amu would be nice.
prolly get a 2nd doryanis for the fight since a shield is next to useless in the fight anyway

edit: did shaper, ripped my portals in phase 3 due to center vortexes, not bad for the first time shaper anyway :P definetly possible, should´ve switched out enfeeble + temp chains for ele weakness + vuln, a 21 gem and it would be easier

Last edited by Milkyslice on Nov 12, 2016, 1:07:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info