[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
leakvoid wrote:
"
Spelltotem level (+1 Gems/Supportgems. Empower doesnt work)

Why empower doesn't work? According to wiki, totems should get increased hp with levels:
70 5312
72 5853
74 6444
76 7088

Doing juggernaut version of this build. It seems the only things I'm getting from chieftain are: 1.16 more dmg and 35% increased fire damage (totem fire immunity and 8% damage reduction are nice but not significant IMO). Compared to jug that can potentially have ~ 80-90% increased damage + ALOT more defence.

Because the totem in this case is not the active skill. RF is. Spell totem is a support, and thus does not get the improvement from Empower :(.

Unless we are wrong and it gets the totem level from RF and not Spell totem, but it seems unlikely.
"
leakvoid wrote:
"
Spelltotem level (+1 Gems/Supportgems. Empower doesnt work)

Why empower doesn't work? According to wiki, totems should get increased hp with levels:
70 5312
72 5853
74 6444
76 7088

Doing juggernaut version of this build. It seems the only things I'm getting from chieftain are: 1.16 more dmg and 35% increased fire damage (totem fire immunity and 8% damage reduction are nice but not significant IMO). Compared to jug that can potentially have ~ 80-90% increased damage + ALOT more defence.

Empower only icrease level of active gems, not support gems. "Empower is a support gem that increases the gem level of supported active skill gems."

Nothing against jugg, its always a solid defensive options. Chieftain also has 20% placementspeed which is sweet, too. But sure, if you got a good chestpiece and wanna stack as much playerdefence juggernaut is better. Totemdefence is better on the chieftain with a solid substain.

"
Would like to ask something. What if I use CWDT+Vortex. Will it trigger EE?
Trying to lessen the skills that I need to activate lol i'm lazy af

There needs to be damage dealt in order to procc EE. CWDT Vortex doesnt deal any damage with dualtotems.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
What if I use CWDT+Vortex. Will it trigger EE?

No, CWDT + Vortex cannot proc Elemental Equilibrium, for the simple reason that damage is required, not just hits. (Ancestral Bond prevents Vortex from doing any damage). Only traps will work. Though Vortex can proc Elemental Overload but not very reliably (EO is triggered by critical strikes, whether they deal any damage or not doesn't matter).

"

That and the build is notoriously short on sockets. Especially when you, like me, have not enough mana for utility skills when using Blasphemy and three curses. I'm using Blood Magic for pretty much everything:

BM + Searing Bond + Rapid Decay + Elemental Focus

BM + Leap Slam (Doryani's Catalyst) + Faster Attacks (which I swap for Ice Trap since we need EE only for certain boss fights really, or Hexproof cr@p) ;)

BM + Stone/Flame Golem + Orb of Storms + Culling Strike (or Ice Trap)

CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration (might swap ID for Vortex or Tempest Shield)
Last edited by tomay on Sep 28, 2016, 11:39:41 AM
"
leakvoid wrote:
Compared to jug that can potentially have ~ 80-90% increased damage

That would be debatable. Don't forget that the Chieftain's totems "retaliate" with 8% of their life as fire damage when hit, no small feat. However, if you have enough totem life jewels, damage should not be a problem at all, whether you play Juggernaut or Chieftain, increased damage modifiers are rather negligible.

"
leakvoid wrote:
+ ALOT more defence.

Agreed... provided you have some b@d@$$ chest piece. ;)

I've just hit lvl 93 and have the Atlas pretty much completed, except Vaal Temple and Perandus Manor. This build really gets the job done. Maybe not as op as Warchief or BV but certainly not a bad choice if you're looking for a build that doesn't cost a fortune to realise and still gets you all the way into endgame.

My gear:

Spoiler

Im playing chieftain and have no real problem with damages with anything up to T12 bosses.

Right now, apart from the RF totem in the chest, my setup is:

Helm - auras:
Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Flammability + Arctic Armour
* Don't own a +1 curse, and anyway it would exhuast my mana for any secondary skill so far, will see when I get the life/mana nodes.

Scepter - movement + fortify :
Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify
* I am tempted to try Shield Charge, but damn, I would miss jumping through chasms and obstacles...

Shield - SB:
Searing bond + EF + RDecay
* So far with the non 3 blasphemy setup I can cast it without problem

Gloves - Defense utility:
CWDT + IC + ID + Enduring Cry
* Use EC for rapid endurance renewal when it just jumps, but I can keep the charges with Ramako pretty easily otherwise. The burst of regen is handy in certain situations

Boots - Damage boost:
- Clearing setup: Orb of Storms + ICC + ID + Culling Strike
* Orb of Storms + crit to trigger Overload and with Culling Strike... just handy in case some out of arena boss or big life rare catches me unaware (and planning to use it on Izaro last phase). Anyway it's there to replace the trap supported used for... for clearing I don't really miss the lack of EE
- Bosses setup: Orb of Storms + Vortex + ID + Trap Support
* This I use for bosses, to trigger EE, but it's a bit harder to trigger Overload

Unset Ring: Chaos Golem

My only doubt is the boots setup. I really just use the EE trigger trap for bosses. I have tried with clearing but damn the vortex trap is slow to trigger... I feel it takes me more time to clear using that additional cast. And most of the stuff is already dead already (I have just played up to T12 maps so far, though even with life mods in maps, all the trash mobs, even yellows, die nearly instantly). As such, since I just use the trap for the bosses, I wonder if I should rather go instead... :

- Orb of Storms + Vaal Lightning trap + ICC + ID

Also, at what life level are you moving around? I am 6k2 at 89, not sure if this is average, high or low. I am a bit scared of big bosses yet, even when this build allows to stay ranged and run around a lot...
"
since I just use the trap for the bosses

I only feel the need for EE with some super tough bosses, like Malachai, the curse-immune Rigwald or the Guardians. I don't even bother swapping the trap gem for the likes of Piety, Kaom or Daresso anymore unless there are some crappy mods on the map (i.e. 80% fire resistance). With the two curses and all the course effect goodies I get -119% to fire resistance, more than in enough in most cases.

"
Also, at what life level are you moving around? I am 6k2 at 89, not sure if this is average, high or low. I am a bit scared of big bosses yet, even when this build allows to stay ranged and run around a lot...

Sounds OK to me, at 93 I have 6.6k HP. Got pretty good life rolls wherever possible and 4 x 7% to max life on jewels.

And if you're worried about your crit chance, go for this enchantment on your boots:

"
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

ALmost as good as a fully leveled ICS gem and it will save you a socket. Since we don't crit at all the 120% will be applied permanently.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 29, 2016, 11:13:59 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
since I just use the trap for the bosses

I only feel the need for EE with some super tough bosses, like Malachai, the curse-immune Rigwald or the Guardians. I don't even bother swapping the trap gem for the likes of Piety, Kaom or Daresso anymore unless there are some crappy mods on the map (i.e. 80% fire resistance). With the two curses and all the course effect goodies I get -119% to fire resistance, more than in enough in most cases.

"

Sounds OK to me, at 93 I have 6.6k HP. Got pretty good life rolls wherever possible and 4 x 7% to max life on jewels.

And if you're worried about your crit chance, go for this enchantment on your boots:

"
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

ALmost as good as a fully leveled ICS gem and it will save you a socket. Since we don't crit at all the 120% will be applied permanently.

thanks for the advice! I have just left the slot for the Vaal Lightning trap and it works fine. If anything I think I should get a *normal* lightning trap if for some reason I run out of casts, but with 3 casts, only the really final bosses should need it. Better than to have 2 gems left, and you just one to affect a single target after all (the shocking ground noticeably helps too, I am starting to do T13-T14 and it shows in the bosses, how fast they drop).

I have the enchant twice prophecy... so yeah, going for that boots enchantment soon enough.
And do get that third curse if you can. Amulets are very expensive but Doedre's ring is cheap enough and Elemental Weakness (-39 to -46% resistances plus curse effectiveness) will give you pretty much the same effect as EE only permanently (unless Hexproof), it really pays off in high tier maps.

As it has been said before, if you're not using Doedre's Scorn and do not want to run everything w BM, you can craft less reservation with an Essence of Loathing on your helmet which should leave you with enough mana for your utility skills.
I'm also thinking about a Spark totem. Will this not trigger both, EO and EE?

Spark also has a higher crit chance than OoS...
Last edited by tomay on Sep 30, 2016, 8:24:28 AM
"
tomay wrote:
And do get that third curse if you can. Amulets are very expensive but Doedre's ring is cheap enough and Elemental Weakness (-39 to -46% resistances plus curse effectiveness) will give you pretty much the same effect as EE only permanently (unless Hexproof), it really pays off in high tier maps.

As it has been said before, if you're not using Doedre's Scorn and do not want to run everything w BM, you can craft less reservation with an Essence of Loathing on your helmet which should leave you with enough mana for your utility skills.

Almost right. EE has the benefit of being NOT affected by the reduced curse effectiveneas (-60%) of bosses. It is ofc mostly used on bosses since its too clunky for every trashmob and not worth the time. I saw some ppl. here which didnt use ee at all, but i think a 50% more multiplier for 3 points max is totally worth the investement. at higher levels its already possible to use every utility skill on mana without the essence, at least for me. Searing bond is only expensive and might need a reduced mana/bm gem, but thats it.

sadly i still cannot tell how it performs on guardians since i got no t16 drops so far and i am too poor to buy those :p

EO only proccs on selfcast, not traps/mines/minions/totems. EE could procc, but i would rather use a decoy totem for the taunt IF i wanna use another totem in addition
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 30, 2016, 8:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info