[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

The Stone Golem's tendency to split/scatter mobs can get particularly nasty when you're dealing with a Bloodline pack casting Lightning Obelisks. ;)

But you're right ofc about his use in boss fights.
Just one question someone please answer me. What do we use to proc Elemental Equilibrium?
Still farming exile?
"
ExoticFrog wrote:
Just one question someone please answer me. What do we use to proc Elemental Equilibrium?

orb of storms

edit: page 200 hype!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 2, 2016, 7:40:26 PM
Tut tut... we use traps (dealing cold or lightning damage) to proc Elemental Equilibrium. ;)

To proc Elemental Overload we use Orb of Storms. Or anything else that can deal critical strikes, damage is not required here just hits.
2 more questions if i may

1. My orb of storms can not be cast with trap support, it just casts the orb, is that normal?
2. Since we took ancestral bond, and we cant deal damage, can orb of storms deal damage then to proc EQ?
Still farming exile?
EO does not require damage (EE does) just critical strikes (hits).

CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP for example works for EO, or critical strikes with your movement skill... or self-cast OoS, none of these deal any damage but will proc EO (but not EE).

The only way to trigger both EE and EO with one skill I can think of (other than traps) would be another spell totem with Spark for example.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 3, 2016, 12:00:58 PM
"
tomay wrote:
EO does not require damage (EE does) just critical strikes (hits).

CWDT + Arctic Breath + GMP for example works for EO, or critical strikes with your movement skill... or self-cast OoS, none of these deal any damage but will proc EO (but not EE).

The only way to trigger both EE and EO with one skill I can think of would be another spell totem with Spark for example.
]

and how do you trigger EE?
Still farming exile?
"
ExoticFrog wrote:
and how do you trigger EE?

When needed I swap the gem.

IMO EO is only required with very few bosses in the game.

Now my build is not entirely true to Milky's book as I am using all utility skills with 3 x BM and CWDT. If I would take Sovereignty, I'm sure the trap gem could find a permanent home in my setup but I'm using it so rarely that I don't mind the swapping.
"
ExoticFrog wrote:
2 more questions if i may

1. My orb of storms can not be cast with trap support, it just casts the orb, is that normal?
2. Since we took ancestral bond, and we cant deal damage, can orb of storms deal damage then to proc EQ?

1. yes, orb cannot be supported by traps.

2. oos can still crit without dealing damage to procc eo. ee needs to deal damage, thats why we use traps to procc it

But thats all written down in the guide and faq..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 3, 2016, 2:46:38 PM
After reaching lvl 94 I decided to run some hexproof maps I had left over. I changed my helmet from Doedre's to some Burgonet with tons of life and armour:

Instead of my triple-curse Blasphemy setup I'm using Arctic Armour, Vitality and Discipline (if you have Sovereignty you might be able to fit in Determination instead, probably the better choice). This results in 7.2k HP/650 ES, 10k armour and 920 life regenerated per second and the Marauder can take some serious abuse. Now, hexproof maps are still no pleasure but fairly safe to run with a more defensive setup, even Rigwald (whom I tend to avoid while leveling) has lost a lot of bite. ;)

Another observation, when you have your gems maxed and decent damage mods from gear and jewels, one curse to reduce resistances is fine in terms of clear/kill speed even in high-tier maps and they are safer to run with Temporal Chains and Enfeeble.

For bosses with high elemental damage I prefer Saffell's Frame over my regular Tower Shield for higher max resistances and spell block.

My deux centimes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info