[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Using this build in HC Perandus and still alive :)
For solo play the damage is pretty good but in (small) groups I feel more like a walking buffstick than really doing damage. I often play with a friend using an explosive arrow build and it's hard to get the totems on the mobs before he AoE's them down. I'm sure he loves my ele weakness and flammability curses and the other buffs the totems give with the chieftain class.

I guess I can buff my damage with a doryani's (now using +2 fire gems sceptre with some elemental damage on it) but getting one may be a problem in the hc league. I'm just saving up perandus coins for this item (@ 4.5k now) and hope me or my friends encounter one at Cadiro.

What totem life % increase should I aim for? I think I'm now at 71% or around that.
Also, a friend offered a 12% increased totem damage + 13% area damage (at least in total 25% increased damage) but I am not sure what gives more damage.... this 25% increased or e.g. +10% increased totem life?

Currently using a 4L without increased AoE and this is also a bit of a problem. The radius is still a bit small to really effectively clear mobs. Often there are a few mobs just outside the radius and that is hampering clear speed. I usually take these out with searing bond.
Need a 5L but not enough currency yet. :(
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Running this build in high 80 - its very solid one. Last time got such fun with Corrupted Voidbringer Shocknova :).

Due my actual coloring (2R-2B-G) I have to choose from fire penetration and increased burning damage.
What is better?

Cheers!
fire pen don't work with RF
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Almost thought I was doing this all wrong. Was gonna ask what will give me enough reduced mana reserved to wear my third curse but noticed that those passives didn't show up on the trees shown because of your notice.
Last edited by Macromute on Mar 14, 2016, 6:01:55 AM
"
silumit wrote:
fire pen don't work with RF

Got it. Thank you for info.
"
Macromute wrote:
Almost thought I was doing this all wrong. Was gonna ask what will give me enough reduced mana reserved to wear my third curse but noticed that those passives didn't show up on the trees shown because of your notice.

yeah i considered triple curse as optional in the beginning, because +1 curse items werrnt budget in 2.1. Didnt expect 1alch doedres ring in Perandus league. Thats why i have some trees without the reservation nodes, it was planned for budget dualcurse

@johnny

I recommend Daresso's Passion for you.
Havent heard of Atziri Uniques, except Uber fragments, dropping off Perandus.

Totem life + dmg will give more dmg than dual damage roll on jewels.
You should focus on playerlife + totemlife jewels on hc.

5links are pretty cheap to get, a white one for a few chaos, no big deal.

Transmute and alterations until you hit decent life+resist, regal that thing and craft resist, done for the forst 5l chest
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 14, 2016, 6:23:51 AM
Build feels really fun to play, however I already ripped twice on server/instance crash... oh well, going for it 3rd time.

The only complain I have - if you rush dual totems and then RF totems dmg boost your HP pool is so low that you won't be able to do Ascendancy on Cruel on your own as your DPS is still subpar and you're literally 2shotted, thus, no proper RF totems for you unless you overlevel by a huge margin.

Also to solve early attributes problem I went with Fluid Motion, unique Viridian Jewel that gives you +24 dex and converts all str in radius into dex (60str into 60dex if you put it in the first jewel socket that normally would be available after "swap"). That means at 18lvls you have 90ish str and over 100 dex which enables other leveling options, like traps. Alternativelly you could go with gem converting str to int and farm with something like orb of lightning+spark and dual lifesprig.

"
Milkyslice wrote:

yeah i considered triple curse as optional in the beginning, because +1 curse items werrnt budget in 2.1. Didnt expect 1alch doedres ring in Perandus league. Thats why i have some trees without the reservation nodes, it was planned for budget dualcurse

Is it possible to roll +1 Curse on Doedre's Damning? I've got 7 of these (thank you my fat friend Cadiro) for cheap (10-40 coins each - you can actually farm them easily by doing repeatedly Ledge on normal as it's one of 3 items that show up repeatedly along with Goldrim and Wanderlust). Then we could go cheap (well, atleast in this league) vaal'd ring tri-curse setup or riddiculous 4curse :D
Last edited by Marrond on Mar 14, 2016, 6:31:08 AM
That why i wrote every 2 sentences that the nodes you prioritice is your choice. You dont need to rush ancesteal bond if you dont like and go for way more life early.
I expect some knowledge about Node and Gearchoices of HC player and a feeling what is needed at which point depending on the character progress ;)

Guys who rush for early maps on hc take a big dump on many earlygame lifenodes, others pick everything they get as soon as possible.

+1 curse is only aviable on amulets as a corruption

for leveling stats you could just go for a amulet with the desored stat implicit ;)

The leveling section is for 1st char on a new league with no currency. What you do with gg leveling gear, jewels etc is something total different.

In that case i would go for 2h nodes and jewels, get all the pathing done and buy a lvl 20 spelltotem at lvl 70, respecc the 2h nodes for totem nodes. Done.

Earthquake just oneshots the whole screen in a tabula with leveling weapons

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 14, 2016, 6:58:28 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
NemoSushi wrote:
Does the item rarity gem work with RF? I linked IR gem to rf and spell totem, but the increased item rarity in my TOOLTIP doesn't change. Why is this?

Patch 1.0.6
Fixed a bug where Righteous Fire was not correctly supported by the Item Quantity or Item Rarity support gems.

It should work, maybe you didn't check the tooltip of RFT in the Characterscreen.

Thanks for the reply Milky. Doesn't work for me for some reason lol. When i take it(item rarity gem) off or put it on, my item rarity in tooltip doesn't change. Weird.
Last edited by NemoSushi on Mar 14, 2016, 7:49:57 AM
i will test it too the next time i login and post the result.

If its not working anymore... and i am pretty damn sure it worked in 2.1, i will post it in the bug forum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info