[2.4 essence league] Poison Vortex (Blade Vortex)

I'd love to see videos of this build in action.
One variant of this build that I've been toying with today is using Mortem Morsu offhand because then the "Poison on Hit" applies to everything you do and not just attacks made with it. The 20% conversion to chaos damage also lets that 20% of your base damage double dip from all the chaos/phys nodes in the beginning of the tree. The only real problem is that you lose shield stats and can't use a wand.

Pros:
-20% chaos conversion
-Poison on Hit without the gem
-Gaining Faster Casting or Controlled Destruction instead of Poison Gem

Cons:
-Less Defenses from loss of shield
-Losing the 110-125% Increased Poison Damage from the Gem
-Having to use a spell based dagger

My tooltip went from ~1700 to ~2200 because of the switch over, but that does not show the damage loss on the poison.

Edit: Using main hand dagger lets you whirling blades/fortify to help a bit with the DR
Last edited by Syclic on Dec 14, 2015, 9:38:54 PM
Curse immune maps are also possible if you keep a clarity leveled and have a mana flask available.
im leveling a witch that has the same concept but with different tree , im kinda lost to be honest
the dexterity requirements on the gem is annoying and im confused on what gear to wear in the future , but i like the huge radius area and the extra curse which would give me an enfeeble and a vulnerability
regarding mana im using clarity atm and i would love to see it work later on but not sure about that also .

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEAelAuNJsiycK3gRLR_HfIMti-vubRky0ZrgHNyX9Aj0IvRFR0WduJOPGlJTwFRsC8BmU1Io-peVPV-86mpDkyc8BQSzgsdMs1M1n9_vfKIA-egdvgQHUELwH0GHM4eD26IujDZo8rc-A-5Vxg5IVUv-CjpYEZZh4vJF2L2smAceJpU64TWS99eVLha_ple18puh8NVqjLTRMZ5uqhhqj_pJUfVvyAxKyHgvXEDIFHaCPyd85VS9otm1SF-YWAcV7bDY62NZbZaLNj3PMtW5napVhWyMpcsRLw==
This post is kind of all over the place but I hope something came out that someone will find useful.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAA-4FtQZwBx4I9A5ID6sRLxGWFe0WvxbzHb4i4iLqIvQkiyY8JpUqTSsKL50wcTIBM4c1kjY9OkI9Xz8nQYdH4klRSshLCkt4Tp9RTFJTVL1VS1ltXEBd8l-YX7BhBmHiYetirGpDaoxsC2yMbRluqm-edf16U3p_fVt90n_GgseDCYRvhMWNv4_6kyeVLpaLl5WX9Jsmm7WdqqLZpDmpNKxHsNiyGbVItfK3PrfZwFTDOsgUykrPMs961CPUQtW52L3dqOjW62Pw1fVv-ej-Cg==

I think Iron Reflexes is a rather bad investment for this build, and opted for phase acrobatics.
Also not taking Fatal Toxins is silly because the damage increase so so massive for relatively small investment.

I'll probably run this with an Atrizi's step and a +% armor granite flask helping Oak all 3 times. The 16% damage increase is nice(unless you know you can get your hands on a really good jewel, if so maybe kill all), and the extra endurance charge is another good chunk of insurance with cwdt/immortal call if your evasion and dodge fails. I think a Pledge of Hands would be very strong with this build. Running Pledge of hands also means that it would free up the slot you would use for spell echo, so you can run a 6l as so: Blade vortex - Poison - increased duration - Increased AoE - Controlled Destruction - Life leech so you can indefinitely sustain yourself. Carcass Jack's use here should be obvious. As I've leveled I've just been using average health and resist armors with a spell damage dagger so I can still get around quickly with whirling blades.

This build also has lots of mana to use, and for 5 more points moving up from Savant you could pick up MoM if you wanted. After you could move towards the templar tree and pick up some nice value from the AoE and health. Or you could just take some more life and jewel nodes. As far as auras go artic armor and clarity seem to be the way to go. I'm not sure as of yet if you would have enough regen with clarity to sustain yourself without a flask, but if possible that would allow you to run an Atziri's Promise. As some other people mentioned vulnurability is an amazing curse for this build, but if you feel it doesn't have enough defense you could opt for an enfeeble with cwdt. I don't know if running Haste with this build is necessary but if you need another way to put out 50 stacks that could be your answer. Vaal grace, haste and clarity all seem like they could work well with this build.

2 Hallowed flasks with instant recovery will be my go-to. Since my version is focused around evasion/dodge, when damage comes in it won't trickle in like it does with lots of armor, it will be bursty, so your flasks should be adjusted accordingly.
Last edited by XxXMemeloverxXx on Dec 15, 2015, 4:20:46 AM
Ty for a build! Can u add with which gems setup we need leveling? and in which level we need take this main gems setup?

And see this build in video would be great.

And if u add defense - offense stats (from most important to least important like in other builds) would be great also.

Sorry for my english mate.
Hey I am looking into this build but I am not sure about the tree. I think acrobatics are better and mix it with Lighting Coil + Purity of Lightning Aura. What do you think about it?

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6t1_SaVJIuEb2HiwzrUQlVLm7W1SF-w62PKShEvNj1RTCsKnaqsR13ybIx9Ww5IYqwqTRGWPyd_xgceX5hKyJMnlS5ZbW6qbAsvnfDVzzK18iL0FvOP-klRNZJtGSY8XEDYvZf0CPRUvf4KUlPAVBXttz6XlT1fvOpqQ5aLg8xBh0yz1bk8LfnoBAfGroLHg9sLYR2-VcavbDOHOlho8gPu8B-iAASzwGY8Be98hMXviPk3189JsUsKqTRhBrfZn98i6ujWBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIGcE6fen8=

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil
I've really liked the shell this build has begun to take on. My biggest concern so far has been how to tankier. I'm a big fan of the old Incinerate/Block tank build that just got nerfed into oblivion. There's a Scion thread going on right now about Blade Vortex but a big emphasis on high block and life. After bouncing back and forth between the two threads, I think Shadow is the perfect fit with a slightly different tree. The new passives in the Shadow starting area seem really strong for anyone interested in chaos damage. After what this thread has shown, I think the poison+blade vortex combination is really strong with little investment. This new tree would allow for MoM/EB/GR and use the ever popular Cybil's Paw.
So here it is, the tree.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6t1_SaVJIuEb2HiwzrUQlVLm7W1SF-w62PKShEvUUwrCqxHXfJ9Ww5IKk0Rlj8nBx5fmErIlS5ZbW6q8NXPMrXyj_pJUTWSeA3sGNDQ_o_YvcAawcVN4_4KqW5vO4hCplfyRbc-d-N5aIIeOuExnoPMAdzBBDwtZKOE2V8_xq6DX2EhR34vzBo-C2GE7702wYJ-4q9s2sFlTXk5aPJ07b6n6dXwHwUtGbSiAHrvLYMEs0CgFSDAZsC_LOkJMzwFqZWGs9E2n9_vfAz34iysr19q2wtFRzLR6-6FMg==

Stats
Spoiler
+294 to Strength
+213 to Dexterity
+173 to Intelligence
+126.5 to maximum Mana
+259 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 56
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
4% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% More Damage per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
124% increased Physical Damage
76% increased Chaos Damage
24% increased Attack Speed
6% increased Cast Speed
152% increased maximum Life
20% increased Critical Strike Chance
+5 Life gained on Kill
5% increased Movement Speed
89% increased Evasion Rating
55% increased maximum Energy Shield
+18% to all Elemental Resistances
+50 to Evasion Rating
12% increased Attack Damage
26% increased Spell Damage
20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
45% increased Skill Effect Duration
48% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+3 Jewel Socket
+10 to Armour
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second
28% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
20% increased Stun Threshold
30% increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
32% increased Armour
185% increased Defences from equipped Shield
22% additional Chance to Block with Shields
20% increased Accuracy Rating
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
14% increased Melee Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
15% increased Radius of Area Skills
120% increased Block Recovery
20% increased Area Damage
+8 Mana gained when you Block
Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life
Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs
Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
35% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
59% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+426 Accuracy Rating
43% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

The important Stats - +259 max life
+152% life
124% increased Physical Damage
76% increased Chaos Damage
+18% to all Elemental Resistances
22% additional Chance to Block with Shields
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second

And you can look for other stats in there. I have zero testing with this so far as I've been busy lately but I'm all about theorycrafting. I highly suggest checking out the other thread as well to see what they have come up with and mash it together with what's going on in here. I think this poison damage math is an underrated fact right now.

Hope this helps contribute :)
I agree with Nubs1201 so I copied your tree. :-)

With quite lousy gear, Cybil's Paw found in a forgotten stash tab + gem levels a bit low I made a recording.
Bad quality (2GB converted to 23MB) but easy to see I got things to improve and still the enemies melt with lots of blades spinning.

http://badboll.mine.nu/pictures/bladevortex.mp4
If you don't know the music shame on you!

Only used the following gems during this run:
Blade vortex lvl 15
Spell echo 18
Poison 13
Faster casting 12
Added Chaos dmg 11

Blasphemy 13
Hatred 17
Warlord's mark 17

With better skill and gear+gems this looks really promising.
I'm currently leveling a shadow to test this build will provide feedback when I get to maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info