[2.4 essence league] Poison Vortex (Blade Vortex)

"
Kadomir wrote:
In video u usyng bloodrage. do we need this gem in your build? Don't see it in ur gem setup 1 post

And how i can fix mana problem in lvl 50 with Blasphemy -> warlords mark + hatred?

Warlords gives you 2% mana leech and 2% life leech, this takes care of any and all mana problems (though you might have problems sustaining a 4l with lower level gems so a mana flask is recommended at those levels). The only reason why I'm using bloodrage in the video is because it increases the damage and cast speed so i can get more blades out at a time. Its not mandatory but its worth exploring when you have enough damage and can sustain it with the leech and life regen (I did add it to the gems section). Take a look at my commentary video if you want a little more details. I plan to add another one later tonight when i have some time to help explain some of the changes i've made since the last one. (picking up IR and adding a 5th link.)
Last edited by draakisback on Dec 19, 2015, 7:54:06 PM
One build option I was looking at, likely for one of the crit build versions, was to drop blasphemy to prove more mana, or for another aura, then run a second Vortex with BV + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + PCoC. You only need to keep 1-2 stacks of that BV running to hit everything with the curse, and it feeds some power charges. I barely tested with almost no crit and it worked ok to keep some power charges up. With better overall crit chance, and it should keep power charges up. Pick up a power charge from 3rd Bandit, and the one from the top of the witch area and that is 5 power charges.

I have to give credit, the second Vortex idea I pilfered from Junger102's [2.1] Black Hole - Vortex Pulling Coc build.

Oh, one other comment, Sorry if it was mentioned before and I missed it. I was having a hard time convincing myself to get IR cause it means you miss out on Fatal Toxins, however I noticed Dirty Toxins right by IR. 70% Dot damage, and 20% skill effect duration for 3 points is pretty nice.
Last edited by vysirez on Dec 20, 2015, 3:55:21 AM
What jewels do you recomend to use?
"
vysirez wrote:
One build option I was looking at, likely for one of the crit build versions, was to drop blasphemy to prove more mana, or for another aura, then run a second Vortex with BV + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + PCoC. You only need to keep 1-2 stacks of that BV running to hit everything with the curse, and it feeds some power charges. I barely tested with almost no crit and it worked ok to keep some power charges up. With better overall crit chance, and it should keep power charges up. Pick up a power charge from 3rd Bandit, and the one from the top of the witch area and that is 5 power charges.

I have to give credit, the second Vortex idea I pilfered from Junger102's [2.1] Black Hole - Vortex Pulling Coc build.

Oh, one other comment, Sorry if it was mentioned before and I missed it. I was having a hard time convincing myself to get IR cause it means you miss out on Fatal Toxins, however I noticed Dirty Toxins right by IR. 70% Dot damage, and 20% skill effect duration for 3 points is pretty nice.

Running 2 separate blade vortexes at once would be extremely awkward imo. I guess you could do it with a cast when damage taken but to do it manually would be a pain. It might just be better to run double curse and run a curse on hit with herald of ice and Assassin's mark+warlords mark. honestly thought, if you plan to go crit based, i think you just need to get enough mana cost reduction nodes and elron jewlery to sustain the spell or use EB/ZO. Running the warlords mark would just feel kind of silly if you are only doing it for sustain.

The only reason i take IR is because I don't like acrobatics personally with all the new physical spells that are in the game especially. I looked at running dirty toxins instead of fatal toxins but its not that big of a boost in damage because most of the node is physical damage over time, aka bleed damages which this build doesn't have. It would be stronger to go back into shadow and spend the two points to get entropy as far as scaling the chaos damage.
Game mechanic question: regarding dodge and reflect BV (and Bladefall) counts in which category? Phys or spell? In case of reflect I'm pretty sure it's phys (obviously not elemental by itself). On Mercy I learned to be always cautious with the phys reflect rares.

But I don't know that avoiding the reflected phys dmg does the spell dodge/block counts or the "normal", attack dodge/evasion/block mitigation?
up. Cool build
I'm level 37 right now are there any specific items til 68~ that i can use for faster leveling? and what stats should i look out for can someone help me with this?
Just RIPed to Cruel Shavronne's Lightning Thorns.

Any way to get around this? I wonder if I had phase acro if I would have survived...
"
victorlee wrote:
Just RIPed to Cruel Shavronne's Lightning Thorns.

Any way to get around this? I wonder if I had phase acro if I would have survived...

Thorns is a bitch with this skill even with acro. The way i did it was just keep my eyes open for mobs that can use it and either avoid them or make sure they arent using it when im doing damage.
is there any room in this build to run a good amount of block chance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info