[2.4 essence league] Poison Vortex (Blade Vortex)

I think that if you are going to use poison support with blade vortex then you should probably build for crit passive nodes and also try to grab Fatal Toxins cluster. Switch out the added fire gem for crit damage or added chaos -- the added fire portion of each hit will not help towards the poison calculation since poison can only be used with physical and chaos now. The bigger your hits are (due to crits) the more effective your multitude of poison stacks will become. This is where Fatal Toxins starts to shine. Blade vortex has a 6% base crit chance, so it's a decent skill to build with crit.
I'm running a very similiar build, vortex with warlords, poison support etc. I've found adding vulnerability as a second curse using something like doedre's ring is beneficial. Vulnerability boosts your vortex's physical damage, and vulnerability also boosts all damage over time effects, so your poison gets double boosting.
In which direction u build the tree first when leveling?
I'd like to ask about the Blood Drinker node on that tree since, after all, Blade Vortex is a spell, not an attack, and the 14% life does seem that good for 3 points (Do note that I am complete garbage at making builds).
"
I'd like to ask about the Blood Drinker node on that tree since, after all, Blade Vortex is a spell, not an attack, and the 14% life does seem that good for 3 points (Do note that I am complete garbage at making builds).

Blood Drinker works only with phys attack, but BV is a spell. So no, no leech in this case, only the +max life.

I started a BV+poison character yesterday (saw Mathil's video), but after Normal Gravicius I changed the main skill to Bladefall. It's insane with clearspeed (Bladefall + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Poison) and you don't need to run to the ranged mobs to kill them. For single target bosses I swap Bladefall with Blade Vortex, all of its buffs work with the other skill too.

Only on normal yet, but I hope it will work with the same efficiency on higher levels too.
I'm running a build similar to this however my reason for running blade vortex with poison was to get as many poison stacks as possible for the growing agony jewel that adds 2% increased attack damage for each poison stack on the enemy for viper strike. With this combo viper strike damage is increased quite quickly while maintaining a lot of blades with increased duration.

I am having a lot of fun melting bosses with this. Can even jump away well before they drop and just watch as they suffer. :)
"
Kelderek wrote:
I think that if you are going to use poison support with blade vortex then you should probably build for crit passive nodes and also try to grab Fatal Toxins cluster. Switch out the added fire gem for crit damage or added chaos -- the added fire portion of each hit will not help towards the poison calculation since poison can only be used with physical and chaos now. The bigger your hits are (due to crits) the more effective your multitude of poison stacks will become. This is where Fatal Toxins starts to shine. Blade vortex has a 6% base crit chance, so it's a decent skill to build with crit.

I considered going crit, but honestly my damage is significant with out crit and with no crit nodes im sitting at a 10% crit chance anyways. My current calculated DPS (w/o frenzy charges and atziri's promise) is 44,278.5 at 50 blades. I updated the OP with my calculations as to how the poison gem effects the damage etc, I'm getting about 10k worth of poison damage from that support gem alone over 2 secs per stack (it stacks twice in a sec).

I will probably use Added chaos instead of added fire as my 5th link, i still have yet to get a 5th link however so i haven't done the calculations.
"
I'm running a build similar to this however my reason for running blade vortex with poison was to get as many poison stacks as possible for the growing agony jewel that adds 2% increased attack damage for each poison stack on the enemy for viper strike. With this combo viper strike damage is increased quite quickly while maintaining a lot of blades with increased duration.

I am having a lot of fun melting bosses with this. Can even jump away well before they drop and just watch as they suffer. :)

Yeah i didn't consider the growing agony jewel. With blade vortex hitting 2.1 times per sec, thats quite a lot of stacks and added attack speed. though my poison damage alone is 10k per hit (over 2 secs) at 50 blades which i can easily reach with my cast speed right now.
"
artiksilver wrote:

I only get that node because its such an efficient life cluster near the shadow tree. The leech doesn't effect the skill. I get my leech from the warlords mark i run as an aura.
"
dosenbohnen46 wrote:
In which direction u build the tree first when leveling?

Ill add a detailed guide in a few days about leveling this build. Its pretty easy to figure out where to go, mostly just go for life first then pick up damage as you go. The way i did it was to go for the duration first then head over to the witch tree and finish off with Templar and iron reflexes. But yeah i have a new tree im using currently so ill have to update that as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info