Blasphemy

Using blasphemy how can I use both warlords mark and poachers mark, for some reason only one of them works even if I have both active as auras ie i get endurance charges and not frenzy ones
Last edited by Bitsy69 on Dec 28, 2016, 11:23:32 PM
You need some source of enemies can have 1 more curse, by default you can apply only 1 curse to enemies.
SO with the AOE nerf this support is useless if you are a ranged class. Im using heretics veil with 22 blasphemy, you have to be right up on the monsters to get the curse on. If its no longer inteded for people to be able to use it with range with out aoe investment thats one thing, but i don't feel that was completely the intent.

For now ill drop the unique and go to casting the curses or set up a support cast but its more of a pain. than just running it as a aura for the obvious buff to aura that the skill provides.
So the way blasphemy and curses level doesn't really make sense anymore with the aoe changes.

You are looking at 160% increased area from the gems alone, which means any investment in the tree and gear to area basically does nothing.

The increased aoe from the gems needs to be translated to more sane numbers and either increase the base radius or make them get base radius as they level.

I'm fine with blasphemy getting a nerf, I'm not ok with making curse range something that is impossible to invest in.
Last edited by Gravethought on Mar 9, 2017, 11:25:50 AM
yeah. aoe nerf really messed up blasphemy.

Its now unusable for frostblades. Frostblades has a larger attack range then blasphemy has curse range.
I imagine more then a few other "ranged" or "aoe" melee skills are in the same boat. reave, bladeflurry, cyclone, etc.

Was this intentional, or an oversight?
Last edited by Casia on Mar 12, 2017, 10:54:54 AM
I just wanted to second what has already been said about the new range on blasphemy post 2.6
As an aura character, the only relevant aura node I'm missing is the 40% aoe curse one.
With close to 230% increase aoe with curse auras, it can barely get to half screen.
From memory it feels at least like a 1/3rd to 1/2 loss in aoe range since the change.
The range is close to a necessity especially for any ranged character.
That being said with mods such as hexproof, diminished aoe and boss reduction in effectiveness,
I do not believe it required that heavy a hit especially in the quality of life department.
It does already come at a cost after all.

If the quality of life provided by the aura feels too strong, it would probably just be better to lower the effectiveness of the curse by a few % rather then drastically diminish it's usefullness for ranged characters.
Last edited by cryalen on Mar 16, 2017, 4:55:17 PM
If this gem gave 'more' area instead of 'increased' area then we'd be able to make it practical for ranged builds with reasonable investment into increased curse/aura area nodes.
Why does stone cost a fixed amount of mana (35%) instead of a multiplier and a curse cost?
This only creates the inconvenience of using it, especially for MoM.
Last edited by DeathSAAD on Sep 19, 2017, 12:15:56 AM
Can someone explain me why my blasphemy support don't work i really don't understand .

I link : faster attack support + warlord mark + blasphemy.

I try to switch the order : blasphemy + warlord + faster attack support still don't work
"
Tigui1 wrote:
Can someone explain me why my blasphemy support don't work i really don't understand .

I link : faster attack support + warlord mark + blasphemy.

I try to switch the order : blasphemy + warlord + faster attack support still don't work

are you trying to link faster attack support to warlord mark?

if so that is impossible warlord mark is a spell and faster attack support cannot affect it.

as for my opinions on the Blasphemy gem:
it is an incredibly amazing defensive tool and has actually allowed me to create 2 unique character builds that were not possible without it.

there is a bit more to these builds but these are the truly important parts.
1. Mire witch: revolves entirely around slowing down and freezing enemies (sometimes even freezes bosses)
Occultist
--Bitterdream (for ice nova)
-temporal chains aura
-blight totem
-cluster cold snap traps
-ice nova
-arctic armor
-herald of ice
2. The Brick: still a very young character but he can safely melee most bosses with only minimal potion use, defense revolves around stacking damage reduction effects (endurance charges, armor, fortify, enfeeble, arctic armor, etc.)
Juggernaut
--pillar of the caged god
-enfeeble aura
-arctic armor
-chaos golem
-herald of ash
-ice crash w/endurance charge on stun
-double strike w/fortify

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info