Blade Vortex

thing is BV can do so much damage with small crit investment, links and stacks, that you can put everything else into survivability and still do massive DPS.

big numbers are great, and you can easily get 1 million dps (with 50 stacks) or you can settle for like 400-500k dps and be as tanky as anybody else in the game.
Damn.
From ascendancy (2.2.0)
"

The frequency with which Blade Vortex's can repeatedly hit the same enemy has been halved, but its damage and damage effectiveness have been doubled.

This weakens' it's ability to blind as a utility skill :( only 5 hits per cast by default now, which means an enemy in melee range only has a 41% chance to be blinded within 5 seconds with one stack, down from 65%. Considering a ball lightning at base projectile speed hits on average 3-4 (27 - 34% chance of blind) times on a small sized monster moving at slow speeds, all within 0.6-0.8 seconds, it no longer has a strong benefit compared to ball lightning as a blind utility, where before it's good for melee!

Also ball lightning covers ridiculous range.

At least it is stronger as a physical spell now, before the damage is low enough to actually be significantly affected by enemies' armour on non crit hits.
Hi guys,
Currently I'm playing Blade Vortex build, having 86% increased area of effect. For some reason decided to get 20% more from 2x Divinarius, so I bought them. But now I realised, that AOE stays the same, whether it's 86% or 106%. If tried testing it out in my h/o, by putting random items around me to estimate the aoe, roll up up to 30 BV's, and it really looks the same - 86% and 106%. :|
Is it just visual bug?
It's just a visual curiosity. The effect doesn't scale nicely, so it changes in steps as opposed to scaling linearly. However, the true AoE does scale as expected.
My friend has a psion using this as his main bread and butter. He runs hatred, spell echo, whirling blades and vaal haste to boast his damage. He can literally out run my melee earth quake leap slam build and kill everything non stop before i can get there.
With vaal haste and spell echo this thing can almost one shot bosses. The damage is way to high and needs a nerf.
ign SeaSaint or DadSaint
"
SevSaint wrote:
My friend has a psion using this as his main bread and butter. He runs hatred, spell echo, whirling blades and vaal haste to boast his damage. He can literally out run my melee earth quake leap slam build and kill everything non stop before i can get there.
With vaal haste and spell echo this thing can almost one shot bosses. The damage is way to high and needs a nerf.

100% with you mate, 100%

Damage from BladeVortex and BladeFall such abnormal high and insane, that there no words to explain why GGG STILL NOT NERFED THEM!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I just started my buld with blade vortex.. because.. its exactly as you said.. its insanely op... :D

I have my evade crit dager lightning strike scion... I was bored, so I put on tabula with BV, spell echo, inc duration, inc area, fire pene.. and something, dont remember.. And I could quite easily clear tier 7 map... just consider that only relevant passive nodes from my tree were some global crit nodes and crit modifier and defenses.. not a single bonus dmg node for BV.. and I was clearing tier 7 maps... riddicuously OP.. :D
Does snapshotting still possible with Blade Vortex? I mean, does it matter If I have Power charges, and Taste of hate effect when casting bv, or do they apply to the already casted blades when I activate the buffs later?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I've got a question about how snapshotting works with BV.

Suppose I have two alternate weapons (not main-hand and off-hand, alternate weapon sets).
One of these is a wand with lots of "increase spell damage" to boost BV's damage, and the other is Bloodplay, the unique stiletto with "10% chance to cause bleeding on hit".

I have the wand active, and cast a stack of BV (let's assume with my inc. duration nodes I can maintain a stack of 15 or 20).

If I switch weapon sets, does this
a) immediately affect the entire stack, meaning each will gain the "10% chance to cause bleeding on hit", but lose the benefit of the spell damage on the wand; or
b) only affect new BV casts, meaning my stack of 20 BVs will still have the wand's boosted damage while I'm holding the stiletto active, until the BV's gradually expire?

In other words, does BV snapshot the effects of weapon affixes at cast time, and hold them for the duration of each cast, or does it recalculate the effect of weapon affixes at the time it hits?
"
xMustard wrote:
thing is BV can do so much damage with small crit investment, links and stacks, that you can put everything else into survivability and still do massive DPS.

big numbers are great, and you can easily get 1 million dps (with 50 stacks) or you can settle for like 400-500k dps and be as tanky as anybody else in the game.
Im surprised it hasnt been nerfed yet. Its probably the most insane skill release since original spectral throw.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info