Blade Vortex

The base duration is 5 seconds and the base hit rate is 0.6 seconds. A single blade at level 1 will hit 8 times before it expires.

The blade doesn't actually rotate through mobs, it just hits everything within the AOE all at once. Each mob can receive a different amount of damage but they all count as a single hit, similar to Ice Nova, or Dark Pact, or Righteous Fire.

If we replace the base duration of 5 seconds with a base durability of 8HP and make the blade lose 1HP per hit, it will do the same amount of damage over the same period of time.

If we then apply all duration bonuses to the base durability of all blades in a stack and add a 35% durability bonus per blade to offset the increased hit rate per blade, the skill should scale exactly as it does now accept that the blades will only wear out as they do damage and we won't have to keep spamming new blades out of combat.
Last edited by TheNightFly on Nov 29, 2018, 5:24:13 PM
"
TheNightFly wrote:

If we replace the base duration of 5 seconds with a base durability of 8HP and make the blade lose 1HP per hit, it will do the same amount of damage over the same period of time.

If we then apply all duration bonuses to the base durability of all blades in a stack and add a 35% durability bonus per blade to offset the increased hit rate per blade, the skill should scale exactly as it does now accept that the blades will only wear out as they do damage and we won't have to keep spamming new blades out of combat.

I like this idea, a lot.
Why it has less aoe than cyclone now? What is a melee skill, a what is a spell?)
Can the "Blade Vortex" skillgem, gets the possibility that while it is castet there is no cooldown for the existing blades? this would be nice.
as well the Duration and castspeed are Pretty low Right now without imense scaling, so the damagescaling is also slow.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
BV is broken since Unleash release.
For the cost of one support gem we getting 100% uptime of 10 stacks BV all the time.
Duration management mechanics is now missing.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
The skill would feel a whole lot better if every cast refreshed all the blade's duration, right now it's basically unfun to play without unleash support
Is it possible to play pure phys BV now? or after ggg gave all mobs armor and gave overwhelm phys reduction only to melee builds - it's impossible?
Please reverse the QUALITY OF LIFE nerf on blade vortex.

by nerfing the cluster notables, skill itself and aoe nodes on the tree the skill which now requires you to recast it every 2.5 seconds with 4 unleash also requires you to be in complete melee range regardless of how much you invest into increased aoe and ontop of that the damage is now bad compared to other spells.

i cannot understand why.... we literally only played this as autobomber and now alongside straight up deleting the autobomber playstyle you also nuked this spell into oblivion.

i know you wanted to shift the meta and all, but nuking quality of life on blade vortex just to force people to play something else is just straight up toxic.

reverse duration nerf
reverse aoe nerf.

Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
To make the skill interesting again, I would like to see the quality boni buffed. Maybe like so:

Normal: 0.5% AoE -> 1% AoE
(would make up a bit for the AoE nerf last this league)

Anomalous: 0.02% leech -> 0.03% leech
(super expensive to get, so might as well be a bit more worth it)

Divergent: 1% add. Blade -> 5%
(this would be really interesting to play with, 1 extra blade for 20% quality. One could try to replace unleash by enhance lvl4+. Maybe a dedicated jewel which gives +1 blade could be added to the mix as well. Otherwise I don't think anyone would use this alt. qual. type)

Phantasmal: 5% dmg -> 10% dmg
(with enough added quality, one might be able to push the damage above the 10 blade number, making an interesting build variation where you want to stay at 5 blades)

Another idea is to introduce ways to increase the max. number of blades. For example:
- a helmet enchant
- a gem
- exchange an alt. qual. type (phantasmal) for +1 max blades per 20% qual
Last edited by Nyalee on Jul 14, 2021, 9:27:14 AM
Just a reminder that BV still needs QoL buffs. The damage buff it just got is nice but the skill still feel quite bad due to its tiny AoE.

Like for real look at that, it feels terrible right now and don't tell me to invest in AoE, the AoE scaling is so garbage that I'd need to waste so many points on pathing to get a somewhat ok AoE due to how bad the few AoE clusters are.

Like I wish BV would scale up to 24 base radius (at lvl 20) or a slightly lower value but with a AoE scaling rebalance (greater result for lower investment) for all skills because, let's be real, this ain't a BV only problem, many skills have an AoE issue that totally discard them off the meta.

Also, default quality such as the one on BV (0.5% AoE per 1% qual...) really needs to be buffed to atleast 1:1 so that Ashes of Stars can make it somewhat good.

Last edited by Kazorus on Feb 13, 2022, 11:04:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info