Blade Vortex

I've been playing Blade Vortex this league. Luckily I switched to SC this league for various reasons.

Edit: I cut out a huge chunk of text describing my deaths. Nobody wants to waste time on that. Sorry to anyone who saw it.

TL;DR: Screen freezes constantly. Unsurprisingly, this leads to many deaths.

I like the way this skill works. It's a fun skill that feels more like melee than most melee skills. It requires you to pay attention to what you're doing since you're in melee range all the time. Unfortunately, it's usually impossible to pay attention to what's happening since the screen has a tendency to freeze when you're in those sketchy situations where you need to stay on your toes.

Please fix this skill, GGG. I don't know what's making it poop up performance every time it hits a bunch of monsters, but stop having it do that. The terrible performance ruins an otherwise fun and fantastic skill.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the color of the spinning blades makes it incredibly easy to lose the cursor position. I have over 5000 hours played, and this is the first skill I've ever had this problem with. I lose the cursor constantly with Blade Vortex. We need to be able to customize either the cursor or the appearance of the skill itself. Not knowing where the cursor is really sucks in a game where you have to click the ground to move, mouse over enemies to see their abilities, and click on drops to pick them up.
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 5, 2016, 7:31:42 PM
skill cannot be played using wmark in end game without constant screen freeze on huge packs...
Does the full disk bounded by the circle of spinning blades hit the mobs, or only the actual blades themselves, that spin more towards the outer part of the disk? In other words, if a mob is standing really close to me can he avoid getting hit by the blades?

I tried to test it but can't seem to do it reliably because of monster hitboxes, etc. Maybe a dev can confirm?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Jul 8, 2016, 8:44:12 AM
Blade Vortex is a line circling around you, monsters can't be "inside" BV's radius. Blades are just a visual effect :)
Is it intended that temp chains (map mode or self-curse) do not affect the duration of blade vortex? :) Would be a cool interaction IMO and may be a consideration if this skill ever gets revamped in the future.

I would make cool blade vortex juggernaut builds with it, just saying ;)
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
Blade Vortex is not an effect (Buff/Debuff/etc.) active on you - the icon is just for quality of life. It's intended, yes.
Something I've noticed about this skill after playing a bit in Essence League. If you are at 20 stacks and attempt to cast the spell again, the cast will "fizzle" and do nothing, rather than remove the oldest existing blade, as stated in the Wiki. Is this the intended behavior of the skill or should I report this as a bug?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Have high enough cast speed to maintain 20 stacks for a period of time.
2) Cast Blade Vortex until you are at 20 stacks.
3) Wait a few seconds (do not let the stacks start to decay yet.)
4) Attempt to cast the spell again while you are at 20 stacks.
5) Observe that the cast animation occurs (this is easier to see if you use the MTX effect for this cast, but it works in both cases.)
6) Wait for stacks to decay.
7) Observe that all stacks fall off as they were initially applied - there is no delay for the last stack being removed as there should be if the blades get reapplied at max stacks.
^ I also noticed the max-stack behaviour mentioned by the above poster. I should also mention that the skill still consumes mana when exceeding the stack.

Would it be possible to move the BV stack icon in the buff bar to the far left? I'm always casting an eye up there to keep it topped up. Alternatively, flash the text on the stack quantity when I try to cast more than 20 blades.
Last edited by lemec on Sep 5, 2016, 12:03:48 PM
blade vortex right now is too strong. very good dmg with very little investment

my suggestion is to make it a channeling skill (that allows movement) in line with the new channeling system. make it like a "burst" channel skill so that its potential damage is tied to the mana pool, and its efficiency tied to mana regen
"
botflagged1 wrote:
blade vortex right now is too strong. very good dmg with very little investment

my suggestion is to make it a channeling skill (that allows movement) in line with the new channeling system. make it like a "burst" channel skill so that its potential damage is tied to the mana pool, and its efficiency tied to mana regen

It *just* got nerfed, it's freaking fine. It's a short range spell anchored on the player, meaning they have to be in the thick of everything. Yes, even with AoE investment.

Can we stop nerfing short range attacks already? Have some sense and actually think about what you're saying for a change. They've already needlessly hit its sustain potential multiple times, if Blade Vortex doesn't do high damage, there's literally no reason to use it over the plethora of other gems that can wipe out crowds of enemies from a screen over.

Either way, I really suggest you play around with Incinerate a bit and see how the channel system operates. Because I don't think this will have the effect you think it will. When it says all effects are only rolled once, this includes crits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info