Blade Vortex

"
xMustard wrote:
it doesnt need to be disabled, what they need is an option to disable included unique effects. this would also solve the overlapping effects like when you where blood dance and devoto's devotion, the helmet (merc footprints) takes priority over the blood prints, which i personally don't like either

+1

More graphical tweaks is always the better answer to this sort of thing. Those of us with crappy PCs can disable the extra effects, and the people who don't have that issue can bathe in glorious buzzsaw induced gore showers.
Does it has a constant linear or angular speed?

Does the time it takes to go around you change with its radius?

Does reducing the radius of the effect increase the speed it goes around you?

Does increasing it reduce the speed it goes around?

-All same question, essentially. Hopefully the reader can understand at least one of them. I'm not good at asking questions.
Blade Vortex always spins at 120 RPM, or two rotations per second.
Thanks
im currently leveling a shadow with primarily this skill. it isn't a new league tho so i do have some decent leveling uniques and gear to use, but this skill is ridiculous.

bladefall as well, but it gets overshadowed by blade vortex once you can have 10-15 stacks up. by rushing to one cluster of duration nodes and using inc duration (im currently level 50) you can easily sustain 30 blades against bosses.

the best thing about it is the mobility at which you can deliver damage. you don't really need to stop to cast like bladefall, getting interrupted here and there. you pre-cast 8-10 blades and whirl around delivering instant death to everything.

can't wait for that new MTX!
balance:
- add a small movement penalty per blade active
Last edited by kreca73 on Jan 23, 2016, 4:11:28 AM
My problem with crit vortex:

Hey guys, im playing since 1 month my powercharge bladevortex build and coming now to the point where the mobs are so big that the gore effects from the skill (with 60%more aoe) causing it to be laggy. The downside of my build is ofc your small lifepool. So i jump with 20-30 blades into 1 mob, its get laggy and a different mob keep focusing me. If i would have no lags, i would jump to safty, or jump into them to kill them in splitseconds. The lag is causing me always to use a healthportion and do 1 of these things (mostly the safe option). If i will run +tier10 map i see how the mobs will kill me in this lag, instead of taking 50-75% of my life. I got a descent pc, so i dont think thats the problem, but i would whish ggg are making the splatter animations more clean, or even removing them from bladevortex. Then i see myself running the lategames maps.
kommentierenÄndernWeitersagenSpeichernAusblendenLöschennsfw
"
kreca73 wrote:
balance:
- add a small movement penalty per blade active

Why?

Of the spells that were added in 2.1, Blade Vortex is the least effective.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I have two characters in SC Talisman that currently use this skill:

Shadow, Crit, lvl 88

Marauder, Aegis, lvl 82

I made the marauder 2nd after I began to run into issues with my first character.
Some of my thoughts:

1. The damage really falls off at higher levels. (the base gem gains about 4-5 base damage per level in the later levels).

2. The skill is very powerful for leveling. Even with a character who had little damage in the skilltree (the mara), the skill cleared very quickly. On my first character, I was able to kill merc Vaal Oversoul in about 28 seconds the first time I fought him.

3. At higher levels, with the damage falloff, your character needs to be tankier, due to the melee-esq nature of the spell. This is why you see all the armor gear on my shadow, for example. I had to invest quite a bit to be able to make the character be able to survive big physical hits in t6+ maps.

4. The Poison support synergizes very well with the skill, and double dips if using the vulnerability curse.

5. Increased Duration nodes are pretty much mandatory. The support gem is also very very nice for use with the skill.

6. Increased AoE nodes feel mandatory, especially as you move into mapping.

7. Even with good defenses, thorns almost insta rips your character.

8. The skill makes your CPU +GPU work pretty hard, and frequently causes big frame freezes or drops. This is usually due to gore on crits and things like that (the mara lags less than the shadow).

My suggestions for improvement with the skill:

1. Decrease base damage at earlier levels and increase damage at later levels (again, felt really OP for leveling. Don't know how the skill will impact racing in the next season).

2. Make the base AoE scale with the gem level (like the dev manifesto suggested it would but then didn't).

3. Consider increasing the duration of the gem, either with level or with quality, so that duration nodes aren't as mandatory. (This is a tough one, as any builds that already use duration would keep using it).

4. Give lightning thorns in maps an instance wide cooldown if not there already. Also, making the thorns animation more obvious would help.

5. Reduce the gore and particles given off when blade vortex crits. Getting graphical lag (esp at melee range) can lead to a lot of bogus deaths that a player could prevent if they could see and react to them.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Jan 25, 2016, 6:59:40 PM
"
zSavage wrote:
I have two characters in SC Talisman that currently use this skill:

Shadow, Crit, lvl 88

Marauder, Aegis, lvl 82

I made the marauder 2nd after I began to run into issues with my first character.
Some of my thoughts:

1. The damage really falls off at higher levels. (the base gem gains about 4-5 base damage per level in the later levels).

2. The skill is very powerful for leveling. Even with a character who had little damage in the skilltree (the mara), the skill cleared very quickly. On my first character, I was able to kill merc Vaal Oversoul in about 28 seconds the first time I fought him.

3. At higher levels, with the damage falloff, your character needs to be tankier, due to the melee-esq nature of the spell. This is why you see all the armor gear on my shadow, for example. I had to invest quite a bit to be able to make the character be able to survive big physical hits in t6+ maps.

4. The Poison support synergizes very well with the skill, and double dips if using the vulnerability curse.

5. Increased Duration nodes are pretty much mandatory. The support gem is also very very nice for use with the skill.

6. Increased AoE nodes feel mandatory, especially as you move into mapping.

7. Even with good defenses, thorns almost insta rips your character.

8. The skill makes your CPU +GPU work pretty hard, and frequently causes big frame freezes or drops. This is usually due to gore on crits and things like that (the mara lags less than the shadow).

My suggestions for improvement with the skill:

1. Decrease base damage at earlier levels and increase damage at later levels (again, felt really OP for leveling. Don't know how the skill will impact racing in the next season).

2. Make the base AoE scale with the gem level (like the dev manifesto suggested it would but then didn't).

3. Consider increasing the duration of the gem, either with level or with quality, so that duration nodes aren't as mandatory. (This is a tough one, as any builds that already use duration would keep using it).

4. Give lightning thorns in maps an instance wide cooldown if not there already. Also, making the thorns animation more obvious would help.

5. Reduce the gore and particles given off when blade vortex crits. Getting graphical lag (esp at melee range) can lead to a lot of bogus deaths that a player could prevent if they could see and react to them.

-Savage

I already posted a smaller feedback on the skill in the Bladefall Thread but this is exactly what i wish for the gem.

I second ALL of this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info