[2.3] King's "Close Stalker" - Blast Rain + Puncture Trap + 50/25 Block [HC and Atziri deathless]

"
FireTako wrote:
How has this build been working out so far? I'm about 30 lvls into a build thats looking like it will flop so I might try to play with some of the other new skills like these.

As almost any other phys attack build, it really depends on your weapon. I switched to 90 pdps bow at lvl 31 and it was good. Bow builds almost always start to shine in late game, after lvl 50ish. Point blank and Chin Sol will be a huge boost once equipped! Drillneck and Lioneyes fall will increase dmg even more. If you don't like how it feels, maybe you should try something else (blade vortex coc should be op af :) If you're not playing Hc, you can always take more dmg nodes instead of life nodes! Cheers!
why not going crit ?
Because we all played a ton of crit builds, I wanted something different and defensive. This was made with HC league in mind :)
im thinking in trying out ur build, by not going crit doesnt mean that i will lack of damage right ? sorry if the question is noob but im not an expert at this game x)
It won't be lacking damage because there are other ways to get damage. Chin Sol bow has 100% more damage modifier, Point Blank has 50% more modifier etc...

I'm 55 and following the build route about 85%. I am struggling to see Ballista's potential damage now that I am in Merciless and the same could be said about Shrapnel Shot. I swapped over to using Blast Rain and am cruising damage wise.. perhaps I am lacking somewhere, but I just don't understand.
"
Matacka wrote:
I'm 55 and following the build route about 85%. I am struggling to see Ballista's potential damage now that I am in Merciless and the same could be said about Shrapnel Shot. I swapped over to using Blast Rain and am cruising damage wise.. perhaps I am lacking somewhere, but I just don't understand.

Could you please post your gear, tree and dps please? I'm lvl 50 and it works great!
I was thinking something similar. I've tried doing strenght based archer character in past with Rain of Arrows, but something has always went wrong.

I thought about dropping Siege Ballista, because I don't find that intresting. I tried Shrapnel Shot and it seemed it had decent AOE and maybe good against single target. Would emphasising stun be good, bad or intresting idea? I was thinking Duelist mainly or maybe Marauder.
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
I was thinking something similar. I've tried doing strenght based archer character in past with Rain of Arrows, but something has always went wrong.

I thought about dropping Siege Ballista, because I don't find that intresting. I tried Shrapnel Shot and it seemed it had decent AOE and maybe good against single target. Would emphasising stun be good, bad or intresting idea? I was thinking Duelist mainly or maybe Marauder.

I once tried building a stun lioneye's glare RoA bower, but it was only decent, at best. Siege Ballista feels strange. I thought that attack speed and single damage will be a lot higher. It could use a buff, for sure..
I happened to find Lioneye's fall as my first uniq this league and tested the nodes, destroyer definitely works but dual wield nodes like dervish don't, really a shame :/
I tested this by checking my dps before and after picking dervish and it didn't change.

But then again you can go for wrecking ball and/or splitting strikes nearby which is a huge and might be better point usage than trekking to the ranger bow nodes?
Last edited by ciryous on Dec 13, 2015, 7:11:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info