[2.3] King's "Close Stalker" - Blast Rain + Puncture Trap + 50/25 Block [HC and Atziri deathless]

Just hit 80 and finished merc lab for the last 2 ascendancy points

~3.7k tooltip dps with full frenzy charges + blood rage
~5.5k life

Gear:
Spoiler

I've been looking for a good helm with a blast rain enchant but a good one is tricky to get a hold of. doubt I will go for a 6 link, rather sink the money into alts.

after a blast rain helm ill try to get better jewellery, its tough because you need so much dex on it for the chin sol.

As for my tree I have most points specced until you go north of the staff wheel, I don't plan on taking avatar of fire and I don't think ill get many more points after speccing the rest of the staff wheel, so I will probably go for celestial judgement if I get that many points and leave it at that

As for gems I am just running flammability as a normal curse, I dont know how people can sustain the mana running it on blasphemy.. also have a stone golem in there which I like although it dies pretty often in higher tier maps. Also have an enduring cry and a mid-leveled cwdt-ic which doesnt go off too often, so I have good uptime on endurance charges

gonna try taking it to 90 for the challenge, have a couple alts going already so slow progress

great build

Last edited by Brettzz on Apr 2, 2016, 2:48:46 PM
He picks the Staff nodes that grant Endurance Charge on crit but then also Resolute Technique honestly wtf? Also, it's not fun to have 85% of mana reserved, that leaves me with like 50 mana which is enough for 2 Blast Rains until it regens
"
flynnzeke wrote:
He picks the Staff nodes that grant Endurance Charge on crit but then also Resolute Technique honestly wtf? Also, it's not fun to have 85% of mana reserved, that leaves me with like 50 mana which is enough for 2 Blast Rains until it regens

If you look more closely, you will see that these nodes also provide increased physical damage. If you don't have enough mana (or mana leech), you're doing something wrong because I can 'cast' it as long as I want.
"
kralj87 wrote:
If you look more closely, you will see that these nodes also provide increased physical damage. If you don't have enough mana (or mana leech), you're doing something wrong because I can 'cast' it as long as I want.

I wish I could reply more politely but your comment is really dumb :) if YOU look more closely he's wasting points into nodes that give 20% 20% 30% crit chance and proc on crit while also making him unable to crit :) also I have the exact same passive tree with slightly better items so no I'm not doing anything wrong but blasphemy + artic armor + hof still leaves no mana to do anything :)
Last edited by flynnzeke on Apr 5, 2016, 9:21:53 AM
"
flynnzeke wrote:
"
kralj87 wrote:

I wish I could reply more politely but your comment is really dumb :) if YOU look more closely he's wasting points into nodes that give 20% 20% 30% crit chance and proc on crit while also making him unable to crit :) also I have the exact same passive tree with slightly better items so no I'm not doing anything wrong but blasphemy + artic armor + hof still leaves no mana to do anything :)

First of all, I made this build and been playing it for last two leagues, so I guess I know what I'm talking about.. How can I be wasting nodes if I'm taking increased physical damage? I don't care about other stuff they give. I just want damage. How can that be wasting!? Wasting is when you take something that you don't need at all. I don't know if you're trolling or you're extremely narrow minded.

About mana problems, I really can't help you there. Had 3 characters that played this build in three different leagues and several people playing this build and joining me in maps. None had mana problems.

This is my current skill tree, https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQUtDjwUIBRxFHUV7BZvGNsaOBo-HRQhYCKvI9MnLykuKaUslDJ-Mok4UzpSOtg9_ECgQzFEnkbXR35M_1BHU7tXDVfiWfNaGl4TXz9hUmIXY_1lTWaebydxhXIPcql08XXLdqx253fleuZ673vUfLh82YIHgpuElITZhmCJcYrwjX6PYJBVmjuaapstn9-iAKTCrKqtja-Nt7a5Hb02vqe_1cMzxFjEgsqQzZjPftIh1ljZYdl84XPjaulG6hjqYuxc7SDvDu9O73zxrPIv8kH2SPcy-tI=

My damage is around 6k fully buffed and was wondering if that was normal. As well as only having 60% Damage reduction.

Spoiler

Is there something I can do to improve?
Everything looks good, the damage is fine, but I would advise you to get one 5L (bow or chest) and you have no life rolls on your jewelry. That's something I'd try to improve. Getting 5L Chin Sol and Kaom Heart would be nice.
Hey, your build looks really interesting, just have a few questions before I start making one in PHC:

1. How well does this build do Merc Lab runs?

2. I'm a newb so I'm probably missing something, but I see a bunch of posts with tooltip DPS at around ~3.5k. Clearly your build does a lot more damage, but where is it coming from?

3. I'm a bit confused by your gem suggestions. How would you recommend a relatively new player like myself to set up my gems in Hardcore Perandus?

Thank you!
What is your current Dps and how do you get 80% damage reduction?
1. It's one of safest builds in game. I've been rushing people from my guild from the beggining of league.

2. Yeah, dps range is 4k to 10k. Depends on 5L/6L. But that's just tooltip dps. You wont have any problems with clear speed.

3. Look at my Perandus HC version. I will add gem guide asap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info