[2.3] King's "Close Stalker" - Blast Rain + Puncture Trap + 50/25 Block [HC and Atziri deathless]

Any tips on the best enchants to look for?

For blast rain, there's chance for an additional blast (up to 75%), 12% increased radius or 25% increased damage.

I'm leaning towards damage or additional blast but not sure which is better.

Or what other useful ones there are for gloves or boots..
"
projectsix wrote:
"
kralj87 wrote:
One jewel is Lioneye's Fall (under duelist start, of course) and the other one is a rare jewel with 7% increased maximum life and 12% increased projectile damage

Although for someone using Avatar of Fire, I assume increased fire damage is better if you can only afford one damage mod. It can roll higher (up to 16% I think).

You should always increase projectile or physical damage because that is the base damage that later gets converted.
"
trackcatbat wrote:
56 now. Is soon as I hit act 4 cruel I could tell things were slowing down. Got a rare bow and am just grinding away. I'm contemplating just grinding out dried lake until 62 for the bow.

Has been really fun though! My last char had paper defenses, until i got MoM, but still not great, still sad I ripped a dumb death to lab trap <.<. This character has felt really solid, and I love the idea of melee bow and I've never really played an armor character that seriously, mostly just evasion stuff so this will be fun!

Glad you like it! Make sure you have RT, IR and Point Blank.
"
projectsix wrote:

For blast rain, there's chance for an additional blast (up to 75%), 12% increased radius or 25% increased damage.

Yeah, blast rain enchants would be great, but good luck getting em :) It's something like 3/362 chance, so yeah.. :)

I got 8% att speed on boots which is nice, and some great thing on gloves which fires 6 projectiles around you which leave chilled ground as they travel.
"
kralj87 wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:

Yeah, blast rain enchants would be great, but good luck getting em :) It's something like 3/362 chance, so yeah.. :)

I got 8% att speed on boots which is nice, and some great thing on gloves which fires 6 projectiles around you which leave chilled ground as they travel.

I was going to keep an eye on poe.trade for the blast rain mods. Saw a nice rare helmet up earlier with 75% chance for additional blast but didn't have enough at the time. I'd like to try that mod first to see how it works but I have no idea which the best one is.

Thanks for the atk speed mod for boots tip, that's another I'll be looking for.
"
kralj87 wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:
"
kralj87 wrote:
One jewel is Lioneye's Fall (under duelist start, of course) and the other one is a rare jewel with 7% increased maximum life and 12% increased projectile damage

Although for someone using Avatar of Fire, I assume increased fire damage is better if you can only afford one damage mod. It can roll higher (up to 16% I think).

You should always increase projectile or physical damage because that is the base damage that later gets converted.

I hadn't thought of that and gave it a shot.

I switched from a 16% physical damage, 15% fire damage and 5% attack speed to a 16% physical damage, 12% projectile damage and 7% attack speed with bows and my tooltip dps went from 6,795 to 6,817. So a very small increase.. I was expecting more since I also upped it 2% atk speed.
Doing PHC league with the build. Lvl 83 ATM. Got the blast rain enchant on helm and crafted from it :)

5,5k hp
14,2k armor
60% chaos res so 0% on merci
+46% Movement speed

3200DPS tooltip with blood rage and no onslaught

DPS in point blank AKA. "REAL DPS"
IF my math doesn't fail me my dps is((PLEASE CORRECT IF I MADE A MISTAKE):
(3200/4)*4.75(from helm enchant) * 2(from chin sol) * 1.5 from point blank
= 11400 * 1.77 ( -77% FR from flammability and fire pene )
= 20178 REAL DPS (??)

My gear
Spoiler

my tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAASzBS0OPBQgFE0UcRR1FewWbxiRGNsaOBo-HRQhYCKvI9MkqicvKS4ppSyUMn4yiTbpOFM6UjrYPAU9_ECgQzFEnkd-TP9OKlBHU7tXDVfiWGNZ814TXz9hUmIXZU1mnmjyajtvJ3IPcql07XTxdct2rHbnd-V673vUfLh82YIHgpuElIZgiXGK8IzPjX6PYJBVmmqf36IApMKsqq2Nr42wq7e2uR28n702vqe_1cBmxILPftIh2WHZfOFz42rpRuoY6mLsXO0g7w7vTu988B_xrPIv8kH2SPcy-tL8Sw==

Been having really fun :) I played the "orginal" shrapnel shot drill neck kind of build in previous league.

DMG is awesome, the tooltip is what it is, it doesn't take the 75% extra blast chance into account either. Feels like most of my "down time" in clearing maps is waiting for the blasts to fall hehe.
Last edited by ciryous on Mar 18, 2016, 11:15:03 PM
This may sound dumb, but I don't see any of the Jewel sockets on your skill trees actually allocated. Not 100% sure which ones, as you mention Lioneye's Fall lets you take melee nodes, but I don't really see many melee nodes allocated either. Is there a good time to get them and to slot the jewel in?
Loving this build. Went mara/chieftain/avatar of fire. Almost lvl 88 now. My tree differs from yours only a tiny bit. Instead of filling out the staff wheel on the left side, I left some blank and put some in to the mace wheel under the jewel slot. I don't see why you took 10%phys damage/chance to crit over more phys damage and attack speed? No crits with RT. Also haven't gone as deep into duelist area (that's next after I take that last 4% life/chaos resist node). Also noticed I need to adjust a couple points in the Celestial Judgement wheel for a bit more fire damage.
My Gear

My Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQSzBS0Gww48E6UUIBRNFHEUdRZvGJEY2xo4Gj4dFCFgIq8j0ySqJvMnLykuKaUshTJ-Mok4UzpSOtg7Oz38QKBDMUbXR35KLkz_UEdR5lcNVylX4lhjWfNaGl4TXz9hUmVNZp5oWGjybydxhXIPcql07XTxdct2rHbnd1N35XrvfLh82YIHgpuGYInYjM-Nfo9gkFWaap7FogCkwqajp6Wsqq2Nr423trl-vJ-9Nr6nwzPGBMbYz37Vi9ZY15bZYdl84XPjauoY6mLtIO1E7w7vTvAf8azyQfZI9zL46_rS_Es=

Only thing that gives me trouble is ele reflect. Ive found that dropping WED and adding life leech and dropping HoA and adding Purity of Fire (still have enough mana for attacks, although they are slower) helps a bit but still requires me to go slow. Any tips on that?

Still working on 6-linking a chin sol in my stash and I need to get at least one Rumi's Concoction. My other question is does the chaos damage from Atziri's Promise work if you have taken avatar of fire? It says "deal no non-fire damage" so I'm kind of thinking it doesn't.
IGN: Bootleg_Fireworks
Last edited by justinm75 on Mar 20, 2016, 12:06:22 PM
Ele reflect? I guess you're talking about map mod, not monster mod? :) Maybe use purity of fire and ruby flask, but I alwaysreroll ele reflect maps..

Hm, not sure about Atziri's promise flask. I'll have to check iz out. I would say it works because Avatar of Fire only converts other elements, not chaos damage..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info