Content Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20

So a ~60% nerf on incinerate while other spells get 20% buff. How could that ever go wrong and make incinerate obsolete. Aren't you tired of overnerfing the meta skills and making them underplayed and plain horrible. I won't even bother listing all the skills that had the same faith, because anyone playing the game for years on a high level know its the simple truth. Since i am a fan of the game and company i refuse to think you are doing it out of stupidity and not learning from past mistakes. I suspect you are doing to shake up the meta on purpose. Riot games level of balancing. Just sad.
IGG: StaySafeUBITONQQQQQQQQQ or Boretoeidiot
Last edited by blackjack11 on Dec 9, 2015, 1:15:21 AM
"
Elfenyu wrote:
"
The damage of this skill has been increased by around 37% at level 1, but reduced by around 42% by level 20. This reduction is more than compensated for by supporting the skill with the new supports.

Can someone explain to me how this works? simple math would say it doesn't? given that we deal 42% less base damage at lvl 20 but we gain 2 gems that give most likely around 29% more damage. Yes with both of the gems you probably will deal little more damage, but you also just spent 2 slots.

Passive tree supports I assume.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Elfenyu wrote:
"
The damage of this skill has been increased by around 37% at level 1, but reduced by around 42% by level 20. This reduction is more than compensated for by supporting the skill with the new supports.

Can someone explain to me how this works? simple math would say it doesn't? given that we deal 42% less base damage at lvl 20 but we gain 2 gems that give most likely around 29% more damage. Yes with both of the gems you probably will deal little more damage, but you also just spent 2 slots.

You don't gain two gems. You have two gems that are alternatives to what you already would support Caustic Arrow with. So one or both of those gems needs to do 100% or more damage than the alternatives, which I think are Slower Projectiles, Concentrated Effect, Increased AoE and Empower.

Those new gems are NOT going to make up for the reduction in damage (which will get worse the higher the gems level goes) and the tree already doesn't make up for it unless you like having 150% less evasion and 60% less life most comparable builds go from around 320% damage in the tree to about 380%.

High chance that CA is yet another dumpster gem.
Nothing on Vaal Spark? If I remember correctly, I heard this was one of the skills guaranteed to be nerfed (either in the skill itself or in the jewels that make it so easy to sustain).

The clear speed is unparalleled, you guys know this.
"
blackjack11 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20

So a ~60% nerf on incinerate while other spells get 20% buff. How could that ever go wrong and make incinerate obsolete. Aren't you tired of overnerfing the meta skills and making them underplayed and plain horrible. I won't even bother listing all the skills that had the same faith, because anyone playing the game for years on a high level know its the simple truth. Since i am a fan of the game and company i refuse to think you are doing it out of stupidity and not learning from past mistakes. I suspect you are doing to shake up the meta on purpose. Riot games level of balancing. Just sad.

No joke, I am trying to wrap my head around the reasoning and I have got nothing.
It's cant be because of Controlled Destruction or w/e that support is.
Where else is Incinerate going to get 70% Cast speed, or even damage from?
It can't crit, and without using Controlled Destruction and RH + other stuff, it's almost 100% dead for end game.
Wow, da changes, excited to try out a lot builds which shall turn out to be great in 2.1.0 <3
Chris I beg you to make vanishing dye work on aura and herald gems, plz plz plz plz, anything, we'll give you anything for it.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
"
Elfenyu wrote:
"

Passive tree supports I assume.

You would assume wrong.

Serleth's old build is 320% damage from the tree, the new build is 380% damage from the tree.

Sure you can ditch ALL defensive nodes and go full glass cannon and get 700% or so damage from the tree which will have you just break even with the old skill damage but that doesn't really compare to a real build that's actually playable.

"
Melzas wrote:
"
Elfenyu wrote:
"

You don't gain two gems. You have two gems that are alternatives to what you already would support Caustic Arrow with. So one or both of those gems needs to do 100% or more damage than the alternatives, which I think are Slower Projectiles, Concentrated Effect, Increased AoE and Empower.

Those new gems are NOT going to make up for the reduction in damage (which will get worse the higher the gems level goes) and the tree already doesn't make up for it unless you like having 150% less evasion and 60% less life most comparable builds go from around 320% damage in the tree to about 380%.

High chance that CA is yet another dumpster gem.

I wouldn't rush to call it dumpster yet. There are some JUICY DoT damage and Chaos damage nodes to get and the two new gems are MORE multipliers.

You are replacing pierce gem (which was increased damaged) with a more multiplier and presumably culling strike (another increased damaged) with another more multiplier.

The new damage set up is gonna be CA- conc effect (more multi)- void mani (more multi)- rapid decay (more multi)- slower proj (more multi) and empower. That is FOUR more multipliers, which is utterly insane. Either way, even if you end up doing a little less than before or giving up some life to make it the same amount of damage, was it not warranted? PA in its current state is top tier.
incinerate nerf wwill be the last nerf i would accept before quiting the game forever......path of exile???? no, path of nerf.......
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info