Content Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes

"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Falkowitsch wrote:
Glad to see Incinerate being removed from the game. Be honest: Incinerate was way to strong, dont understand why ppl cry about it

Fixed that for you.

+1
So when did GGG have a employee swap with that 'other' company?

Can I have a refund on my incinerate MTX since you all basically made the skill 110% worthless?
just noticed, no dark shrines added? :(

EDIT: oh and no +2 chaos gems mod for staves?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Dec 12, 2015, 2:25:52 PM
I'm not sure if that was already asked. But the new "20% increased Stun Threshold" from the "Warrior's Blood" passive. What's that supposed to mean? A new modifier?
Reset finally.
My lvl 20 flame totem lost 15% dps (on a 5l). Wasn't it supposed to be a "slight buff at high levels"...? Did all the flame totem builds lose so much or only the non-crit ones? Thought they weren't too strong in the first place...
Last edited by Yenrah on Dec 14, 2015, 7:44:16 AM
"
Yenrah wrote:
My lvl 20 flame totem lost 1,5k dps (on a 5l). Wasn't it supposed to be a "slight buff at high levels"...? Did all the flame totem builds lose so much or only the non-crit ones? Thought they weren't too strong in the first place...

You need higher lvl (24+), achievable with Empower.

Flame totem damage is never good if you go non crit, but that was the whole point of it. A spell that can crit should only has strong damage if you invest in crit, and crit FT actually has high damage.
RIP Incinerate. All the **** time when I build a character its skill will be nerfed.
Bye PoE.
Last edited by csisyadam on Dec 13, 2015, 4:29:41 PM
First, there actually were quite a few nice changes with this massive patch. Some changes I really don't get though.
Sure, it makes sense to buff some spells, what I don't get is, WHY THE FUCK BUFF SPELLS THAT ALREADY WERE WAY TOO POWERFUL like: Arc, Flame Surge, Raging Spirits and my *favourite* FREEZING PULSE, while spells like Incinerate that were not as powerful as they say they were (maybe just based on the fact that incinerate was simply popular, who knows...) are nerfed into oblivion. I just met a freezing pulse mob on a residence map and WHOA that damage is insane. I mean it was insane before the patch, now it is just OVERKILL. So why would you buff skills that clearly didn't need any buff???

The other thing that bugs the hell out of me is, that as usuall those characters profiting from this patch the most are tanks and ranged builds, AGAIN. I just built myself a dual wielding Viper Strike chaos/poison crit build, using the Scion, because due to the patch notes chaos builds should become more powerful and interesting. Well it kind of works. I managed a descent 20000 dps plus more than 200% poison damage over time and given that I can actually hit an enemy with all that they go down fairly quick. The problem is, to build a chaos/crit build I had to go into the shadow's part of the skilltree mainly, which has the side effect of being unable to really get a lot of life together. So with just about 1900 life and a chance to evade of somewhat about 40% I mainly sustain myself with life leech. I have some percentages on my Doriani's belt, some on a ring, some on my amulett and some in the skill tree combined with Vaal pact. I also get 20 life per monster I hit (and I use multistrike, faster attacks and melee splash) due to Poachers Mark which I run as an aura. On top of that I get another like 30 or so life for each monster I kill. GGG said they would improve the leech mechanics with this patch, the problem is, combined with the higher monster damage, I simply don't see any improvement. For a high crit melee build, life leech is the only way of sustaining yourself, but even on low tier maps I sometimes come across mobs that manage to one-shot me and on higher tier maps it gets really unstable (and my character is lvl 81), while it is a walk in the park for my tornado shot ranger.
So either you need to strongly adjust monster damage or you really need to do some serious changes to the leech system, because it is absolutely frustrating to be one shotted by a map boss on a level 73 map 4 times in a row before finally managing to kill him.
"
sv3390 wrote:
First, there actually were quite a few nice changes with this massive patch. Some changes I really don't get though.
Sure, it makes sense to buff some spells, what I don't get is, WHY THE FUCK BUFF SPELLS THAT ALREADY WERE WAY TOO POWERFUL like: Arc, Flame Surge, Raging Spirits and my *favourite* FREEZING PULSE, while spells like Incinerate that were not as powerful as they say they were (maybe just based on the fact that incinerate was simply popular, who knows...) are nerfed into oblivion. I just met a freezing pulse mob on a residence map and WHOA that damage is insane. I mean it was insane before the patch, now it is just OVERKILL. So why would you buff skills that clearly didn't need any buff???

The other thing that bugs the hell out of me is, that as usuall those characters profiting from this patch the most are tanks and ranged builds, AGAIN. I just built myself a dual wielding Viper Strike chaos/poison crit build, using the Scion, because due to the patch notes chaos builds should become more powerful and interesting. Well it kind of works. I managed a descent 20000 dps plus more than 200% poison damage over time and given that I can actually hit an enemy with all that they go down fairly quick. The problem is, to build a chaos/crit build I had to go into the shadow's part of the skilltree mainly, which has the side effect of being unable to really get a lot of life together. So with just about 1900 life and a chance to evade of somewhat about 40% I mainly sustain myself with life leech. I have some percentages on my Doriani's belt, some on a ring, some on my amulett and some in the skill tree combined with Vaal pact. I also get 20 life per monster I hit (and I use multistrike, faster attacks and melee splash) due to Poachers Mark which I run as an aura. On top of that I get another like 30 or so life for each monster I kill. GGG said they would improve the leech mechanics with this patch, the problem is, combined with the higher monster damage, I simply don't see any improvement. For a high crit melee build, life leech is the only way of sustaining yourself, but even on low tier maps I sometimes come across mobs that manage to one-shot me and on higher tier maps it gets really unstable (and my character is lvl 81), while it is a walk in the park for my tornado shot ranger.
So either you need to strongly adjust monster damage or you really need to do some serious changes to the leech system, because it is absolutely frustrating to be one shotted by a map boss on a level 73 map 4 times in a row before finally managing to kill him.

What are you smoking to come up with the "SRS is buffed" crap? And saying freezing pulse op cuz monster's freezing pulse deals high damage? Really? Should I say Storm Call OP now cuz Uber Atziri 1 shot me with her Storm Call?

Many spells were buffed simply because spellcasters are SO MUCH WEAKER than attacker. I like to think about spells as having higher floor, meaning you don't need great gear to dish out decent damage, but much lower ceiling, meaning even with very high end gear (like Brimstone Song mirrored wand), you just barely achieve the same damage as a good Voltaxic TS or Bino Reave (don't even dream to compete with those wielding a Glyph Mark/Brood Twine or Loath Bane).

Another thing is limited and overall not effective defensive option for casters due to the nature of the upper half of passive tree. In a game where crit is the biggest, most OP multiplier, a Templar/Scion caster will miss a whole lot of crit if he try to get some armor/block. A Witch offer nothing more than large ES pool, which doesn't mean much as pure HP/ES is never an effective defense (I don't consider the clunky MoM-EB a valid option). Shadow has access to nearby evasion/dodge, but can't go full eva either ( as he will lack both life and spell multipliers in ranger's area).

Then comes the mana problem. Attackers (either ele or phys) are all treated with life leech/mana leech on tree and considerably lower cost. Casters don't. With the nerf to Clarity in 2.0, mana sustain is terrible for many builds, that forces people into using the clunky Rallying Cry.

Now, about incinerate. I have a max block Inci character and though the map clear damage is not incredible (yep, you are still a caster, don't dream about competing with a TS ranger that pew pew 1 shot things from afar), the fact that I still do good damage while having high armor, max block/spell block, 6k HP and melted bosses like a hot knife cutting thru butter (with Scold + VMS) indicated that nerf is needed. GGG overnerf it for sure, but to me that's the ONLY part worth feeling a tiny bit salty about in this patch.

Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Dec 13, 2015, 8:38:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info