Deadeye Keystone Nodes should be more generic

I should start off by saying that I really like the upcoming Ascendancy system, it's just what this game needed. Great job! I haven't been following PoE particularly closely for several months now due to getting a new rig and focusing what little time I have on other games, but the update will definitely bring me back.

For the most part I also appreciate how most of the classes' Keystone Nodes are really generic, but the Deadeye seems like a bit of an exception here. Here are my suggestions:

Far Shot
Current: Projectile Attacks gain damage as they travel further, dealing up to 30% more Damage to targets.
Suggestion: Projectiles gain damage as they travel further, dealing up to 30% more Damage to targets.

Sharp and Venomous (The suggestion here also applies to Noxious Strike on the Assassin tree)
Current:
10% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit with Attacks.
10% chance to Poison on Hit with Attacks.
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier against Bleeding Enemies.
40% increased Critical Strike Chance against Poisoned Enemies.
Suggestion:
10% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit with Physical Damage.
10% chance to Poison on Hit with Physical Damage.
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier against Bleeding Enemies.
40% increased Critical Strike Chance against Poisoned Enemies.

Powerful Precision apparently already affects Spells, because Spells (like all Skills) possess the Arrow Pierce stat whether they use it or not. Thanks Mark!
Current:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels further. Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance.
Suggestion:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels further. Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Projectile Pierce Chance.

No change to the non-Notables and Fast and Deadly. The Ranger after all has always been more of an Attack-based class and that's okay... incorporating any sort of Cast Speed bonus (other than, say, Onslaught) into those nodes wouldn't make much thematic sense. However the changes outlined above would provide more options for the caster Ranger and gently direct such an off-class build into the newly introduced Physical Spells coming with 2.1.0, though support for those skills seems somehow limited anyway due to the fact that they don't employ Projectiles.

EDIT: To be fair, I should note that technically, the suggested Sharp and Venomous change is not any more generic. It is probably even less so considering that it cuts off Elemental Attacks (and the various Elemental arrow users) from Poisoning and Bleeding if they do not deal any Physical Damage. Oh well.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Nov 23, 2015, 12:36:08 PM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2016, 8:50:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like your suggestions. They would make sure my idea for a Fireball ranger would be viable:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1482589
I agree on these specific examples +1
Adding the (green bold) word "Projectile" to your suggestion for Powerful Precision is completely unnecessary. Just delete the word "Arrow," no other changes necessary. (Hard to highlight an omitted word, though.)

But really, I disagree with your suggestion for Powerful Precision anyway. There are lots of spells with 100% pierce chance, and although I understand the current thing with Infractem not working with Drillneck and all, I think that's bordering on a bug and at the very least very confusing to players. I'd specifically limit Powerful Precision to arrow pierce chance in order to keep things in line (and change the Infractem interaction so using that bow would give 100% critical chance to projectile spells using Powerful Precision, to make that a quirky option).

I like your first two suggestions, though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 22, 2015, 12:45:03 PM
"
ephetat wrote:

EDIT: To be fair, I should note that technically, the suggested Sharp and Venomous change is not any more generic. It is probably even less so considering that it cuts off Elemental Attacks (and the various Elemental arrow users) from Poisoning and Bleeding if they do not deal any Physical Damage. Oh well.

As far as I know, you have to deal physical damage in the first place to bleed or poison. So really, your proposed change does in fact increase ways to utilize it.

Also, I agree with this thread's premise entirely. Very good ideas.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Nov 22, 2015, 12:52:49 PM
I agree with the underlying premise of this thread.

Which is to allow a wording of attributes that is applicable to a vast number of ability's not obvious on a first glance.

Though arguably this is already the case for a lot of whats revealed already.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It seems that they'll go for specific rather than generic for balance reasons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Chaos Damage can also cause Poison (in the upcoming changes, at least), so I think that Sharp and Venomous should remain how it is.
"
ephetat wrote:
Powerful Precision
Current:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels further. Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance.
Suggestion:
Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels further. Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Projectile Pierce Chance.
This is only a negative change. Arrow pierce chance is always a higher stat than generic pierce chance because there's nothing in the game currently that subtracts from arrow-specific pierce chance.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
Powerful Precision
Current:
Suggestion:
This is only a negative change. Arrow pierce chance is always a higher stat than generic pierce chance because there's nothing in the game currently that subtracts from arrow-specific pierce chance.

That means you need to add something (tree or item) the buffs specifically arrow pierce chance.

Or does anything with "arrow" also implicitly means it applies to projectiles too? (which I am pretty sure does not as in "increased arrow speed" in the tree or "fires an additional arrow" as vaal corruption.

In that case this MIGHT be a minor setback for a bowbuild (minor as in the piercechance in the tree still is projectile and not arrow) and would allow other projectiles (read: spells) to profit from the deadeye ascendence.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info