(2.1) Demopolos' Life-based Dual Totem Incinerate MF culler: 504 iir 145 iiq (group or solo)

"
faust1987 wrote:
I dont understand how his totem hit in AoE since he isnt playing multiple projectile, can someone give me a hand here ?

Sure thing. :)

Just get a single Rain of Splinters jewel slotted, and it acts like free Lesser Multiple Projectiles: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rain_of_Splinters

They are pretty cheap, so make sure to get a 30 % reduced damage roll so that you don't lose any extra damage!
Hey, I'm rather new to PoE so a few basic questions about the build.

1. Is it wrong to assume I can achieve the same IIR & IIQ on a different character as all of those stats comes through gear?

2. If the above is true, what makes Templar better than say a Witch or a Scion? If you can cap resistances on the other classes, what makes Templar work better with your build instead of another class?

Thanks so much!
"
Cryptography wrote:

1. Is it wrong to assume I can achieve the same IIR & IIQ on a different character as all of those stats comes through gear?

2. If the above is true, what makes Templar better than say a Witch or a Scion? If you can cap resistances on the other classes, what makes Templar work better with your build instead of another class?

Thanks so much!

Just answered in game, but figured I'd respond in case anyone else has the same questions.

1. You can get the same iir/iiq on any class. This is all gear/gems. You can actually get a bit more iir than I have in my build if you pick up some jewels with this mod as well!

2. Templar/Witch/Scion are all fine for the build. Witch just takes spell nodes at start and doesn't bother with the templar start ele/spell nodes. Scion doesn't grab the templar starting nodes too, and instead picks up spell nodes/jewel slot at start. All are really similar, but templar makes for a slightly smoother leveling experience due to it's proximity to ancestral bond for an early 2nd totem.
"
Cryptography wrote:

Thanks so much!

Just answered in game, but figured I'd respond in case anyone else has the same questions.

1. You can get the same iir/iiq on any class. This is all gear/gems. You can actually get a bit more iir than I have in my build if you pick up some jewels with this mod as well!

2. Templar/Witch/Scion are all fine for the build. Witch just takes spell nodes at start and doesn't bother with the templar start ele/spell nodes. Scion doesn't grab the templar starting nodes too, and instead picks up spell nodes/jewel slot at start. All are really similar, but templar makes for a slightly smoother leveling experience due to it's proximity to ancestral bond for an early 2nd totem.
i'm a bit concerned about the aoe of the incinerate, and im loving sire of shards while leveling. is it that much worse or do you just value the rarity from WOTSS at all times, rather than just on switch for boss kills?
"
alexvsevil wrote:
i'm a bit concerned about the aoe of the incinerate, and im loving sire of shards while leveling. is it that much worse or do you just value the rarity from WOTSS at all times, rather than just on switch for boss kills?

Sire of shards is cool, and the aoe is definitely pretty. My experience is that 3 projectiles is plenty with 2 totems, and the other perks of dagger/shield win easily.

For me... on a FULL mf build... the game is unplayable without a dagger. The -5 % move on aurseize, -20% MS on greeds, and tiny 10 % base on goldwyrm make running feel like cancer. By using dagger/shield you gain: free cull (so you have a 7L), 40 % iir, and whirling blades so you can actually keep up with party or get around map solo at a good clip.
Hey,

first of all: Really nice char you created there!

Im currently leveling a mf templar as well, but Im using Dual Flame Totems right now. Is incinerate totem really the better choice? Why ?
"
POEnuts wrote:
Hey,

first of all: Really nice char you created there!

Im currently leveling a mf templar as well, but Im using Dual Flame Totems right now. Is incinerate totem really the better choice? Why ?

Thank you! :)

Well... flame totem is possibly a bit better for grouping for one reason: it hits faster which gives you slightly more reliable cull.

Incinerate is vastly superior if you want to have solo capability. This is because the dmg scales way way better. This is because the real dps is the tooltip + 150% for each totem (at the 4th level, which it gets to almost instantly, you get 50 % + 50% + 50% more dps). This means that even though my tooltip is at 8.3k, each totem deals over 20k, for a total of 41.5k dps with 0 investment in dps within my gear.

As I wanted my build to work well for solo and group, I went with incinerate. If you are only culling in groups flame totem is a great option! I wanted decent clear speed at max mf, so incinerate was the only way to go.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the fast reply, it really helps. Im already leveling Incinerate gem and will give it a try. I also saw some videos about this and they said that its best to aim for crit when using flame totem and Stick with spell/Ele damage with incinerate. I have spent many passive points for spell/Ele dmg already
Is it sad I can't find out why your totems have such better distance than mine?

The flames go so much further.

:/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info