(2.1) Demopolos' Life-based Dual Totem Incinerate MF culler: 504 iir 145 iiq (group or solo)

"
ShadowNBO wrote:
If someone can update the build to 2.1 that would be great interested in playing this build thanks.

"
joebond wrote:
Hi Demopolos , is there any major change to the build with incinerate nerf ? Does the build still work for solo farm in 2.1 ?
And do you have any plan on updating the guide ?

Thank you

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay, I put my energy into revamping my facebreaker and windripper guides before getting to this one. Thanks for your interest in the build!

My instinct is that with the current gearset (i.e. 100 % mf, almost no investment in dps within gear), incinerate will still offer the best solo clear speed (while still hitting fast enough to be good at culling in groups) of the totem options, even with the nerf. I will try to test out the other compelling options, namely flame totem, which could possibly be supported with a few crit nodes in tree.

I'll update the OP with any meaningful changes over the next day or two!

look forward to it thanks for responding will keep checking this thread.
what about spark totem with the recent buffs?
Be water, my friend.
"
delgar89 wrote:
what about spark totem with the recent buffs?

There are a lot of spells like this that may be very viable for solo play, which I am not considering for this build. This is because while this build is solo viable, it really shines most in group play. In order to cull effectively, you need to use a skill that hits many times each second 100% of the time, or else u won't end up getting the kill shots.

Spark is an example of a spell that might have good dps solo, but I really doubt it would be dependable in group play for culling bc of the unpredictable projectiles!
OP updated for 2.1!

Incinerate still feels like the best option despite the nerf to damage, and we gained 2 links back (no longer needing BM), which allows us to run CWDT - molten shell, or another utility ability.

In the testing I just did, gorge was still easy and fairly fast in the full 504 iir 145 iiq gear, and I think that the build can certainly push to higher level maps (especially with some more levels). I ran with incinerate spell totem and flame totem versions of the build, and I found incinerate to still be far superior in clear speed.

Even after the nerf, my dual totems at 8.3k still have 41.5k effective dps: (8.3k + 4.15k + 4.15k + 4.15k) x (2 totems). This damage, coupled with perma ele weak and a little fire penetration in tree, is really solid for having no dps in gear.

I have not tested all of the possible options, but it seems unlikely that any other spell that can hit fast enough to cull (i.e. ball lightning/flame totem), will also function as well as incinerate for solo play. There may be viable options for solo dps to explore if you don't care about hitting fast for cull in group, but for me I want the setup to work in both contexts.

My character is only level 82 right now, so I will put some time in to get him to 90 or so and post new stats. Those nodes will let me either gain a ton of fire dps and fire penetration (heart of flame nodes), or a huge boost in life (should be able to hit 4.4k or so). :)
Hi whats the pros and cons with ur setup with cwdt, lball, gmp, blind, and what i was considering for my flame toter which was cwdt, lball, curse on hit, temp chains? :)
Since i am playing your build in the talisman league, and the item quantity gem is legacy, what would you prefer in the open slot? I thought about keeping culling strike for solo and group play, so i can have an high dps dagger permanently equiped. Or maybe fire penetration, and swap to to culling wand for group play? Only playing this build a few days, and i am really enjoing it.
Thank you
Last edited by ReisKeks on Dec 26, 2015, 12:58:12 AM
if you only have a 5 linked chest. which links woud you be running for solo/group on talis without the quantity gem?=
Last edited by niccreate on Dec 29, 2015, 2:44:21 PM
Apologies for my unresponsiveness! Was traveling over the holidays.

I just ran a 78 springs solo at level 82 in the full mf gear just to test it, and was able to do it deathless. It was a little slow, but it wasn't too bad for being at 504 iir 145 iiq! I think this will be much safer too with +10 levels, as this will push the character around 4.5k life (or a lot higher dps, depending on pathing). I think I might take the time to grind out the levels, even tho I've been focused on min-maxxing my dps builds. Will update OP with higher level tree sometime soon.

"
PumpFIST wrote:
Hi whats the pros and cons with ur setup with cwdt, lball, gmp, blind, and what i was considering for my flame toter which was cwdt, lball, curse on hit, temp chains? :)

Well for me, putting a curse on cwdt is a non-option as I have perma ele weak to all mobs from my gloves. IMO you really want curse on hit gloves on this setup, as it is a massive damage boost.

Pros for the cwdt - light ball - gmp - blind:
-at level 1 cwdt it goes off constantly, and looks cool ;p
-it very reliably blinds things, which is some nice free debuff

Cons:
-definitely worse that enfeeble or temp chains IF you aren't curse on hit on gloves

In a nutshell, it was the best defensive cwdt I could come up with (already have immortal call and molten shell on other links), that didn't interfere with my curses.

"
ReisKeks wrote:
Since i am playing your build in the talisman league, and the item quantity gem is legacy, what would you prefer in the open slot? I thought about keeping culling strike for solo and group play, so i can have an high dps dagger permanently equiped. Or maybe fire penetration, and swap to to culling wand for group play? Only playing this build a few days, and i am really enjoing it.
Thank you

Really happy you are enjoying the build! My friends all love it when I drop my dps guys and bring this character in party games.

That open gem slot should absolutely be fire penetration in a temp league. No question... this gem paired with ele weak on the gloves makes the dps extremely reliable.

Given that you are considering using culling strike on a gem slot, I think there is no situation where free cull on heartbreaker is outweighed by the extra stats on a rare (since we are non crit). I mean we are talking about maybe a little more spell damage % and some flat fire damage, which gets beat badly by fire pen, I am pretty sure. I am thrown by your saying "culling wand", as I can't imagine playing this build without a dagger. We are sooo slow in terms of MS, which we neatly compensate for by the OP-ness of whirling blades... the only thing that lets me keep up with parties. :)

"
niccreate wrote:
if you only have a 5 linked chest. which links woud you be running for solo/group on talis without the quantity gem?=

On a 5L I would run: spell totem - incinerate - IIR - faster projectiles - faster casting

If you can get a 6th link, in a temp league fire penetration is the best replacement for IIQ gem.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions!
I dont understand how his totem hit in AoE since he isnt playing multiple projectile, can someone give me a hand here ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info