(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
drocksmash wrote:
So far this build is pretty awesome!

I need to do the lab to get those points, but I can farm t1/t2 maps pretty easily with what I have here (did not have much time to play yesterday).

Can someone take a look at my passives/items and give any feedback?

I am using belly of the beast but have still died several times (low health being level 73).
I am using lionseye and am considering buying a different shield.

thoughts on using carcass jack? the guide says I will sacrifice survivability, I think I will try one out and see how it goes.

I was also going to drop hatred and run grace instead for the attack speed boost.

Yep, lab is vital and slayer really makes the build. You will lose a lot of survivability for the AoE gained from carcass jack, and with the new diminishing returns I think this especially not worth it vs a belly or good rare atm. The AoE still feels fine to me without further investment, but it's an option. If you already have belly, I'd keep it.

Also yes, lioneye shield is just a transitional item. In the end you want either a good rare shield (you get more life/res/armour here than u can on lioneye with no move speed penalty), or a surrender (for life gain on block, high block base, big armour from the on hit proc, free reckoning).

I think you are confused about the auras... you suggest swapping hatred to grace, but this would be losing 35 % "more" cold damage for 2k eva we don't need. I think you must have meant haste? If you have wayyy overkill dmg for the content you play this is a fine trade, but it will result in am much lower dps build (the gained attack speed does not compensate for massive dps loss of hatred).

Hope this helps you!

"
Cruxos wrote:
This has probably been answered before, but there are so many pages^^:

How do you sustain mana? You didnt put a point in a mana leech node. Do you use jewels for this?

Thanks for the help

PS: Leveling with this is sooooo much fun

Happy you're enjoying! Yep, as it says in the OP, you just need a single mana leech mod at endgame. You can get this on a jewel, ring, or ammy. Unless u are super lucky and can get a good ring/ammy with t1 phys-life-mana leech (3 very specific prefix), it's most efficient on a jewel.

Early on you can get a peregrin unique helm for 1 alch to get this mod. That's a good leveling solution.
Im running this as a build starter. Its doing really great, running tier 5+ maps and not even over 50 on any resist yet :P

Aoe feels a lot smaller compared to last league but its alright, once i get dying sun it will work out I guess. Thats the only drawback of this build imo, aoe will be quite small until you get all of the pieces together, skills, jewels, flasks and gems.

My next piece of equipment would be an armor i think. In short term and long term, is better to buy belly, rare(is astral the best because of resist?) or carcass jack? I guess carcass could be bought later when the rest of the gear is up to par and you can just run through mobs without worrying.
So belly or astral? How much hp do you lose anyways with a rare, +40%hp compared to 100+ life? A rare seems better in every regard except for a small bit of hp?

Keep it up and hf gl!

So far it has been great for the league. Face tanked through merc lab and now just got 40% abyssus and I'm having a blast. Lv 83 and zero death since I started mapping :) Thanks for the build! Cheers.
Since i don't own a Facebreaker, i'll need to buy one, but what's better between: (90% to Global Critical + 600% damage) and (60% Global Crit + 700% damage)?
"
Snake877 wrote:
Since i don't own a Facebreaker, i'll need to buy one, but what's better between: (90% to Global Critical + 600% damage) and (60% Global Crit + 700% damage)?

Since we use resolute technique (hits cant be evaded, never deal crit strikes) just take the one with the highest % phys damage.
What should be my next gear upgrade?

Spoiler
This Build is amazing and very funny :) With Abyssus the Bosses in merciless will die faster than in cruel. Thx for your great work!

-= I would die sleeping like my Grandpa, not crying like his co-driver = -
Has anybody tried a Scion version of this build with Heiro/Slayer to get two Ancestral Warchief totems?

How bad would it be?
livejamie
Thanks again demopolos,

with this build I was able to reach T11 for the first time ever.

However I'm struggling with damage right now. I'm running Shield Charge with AW.

Shield Charge damage with Auras and Golem: 9,5k (not considering the APS)
Ancestral Warchief damage with Auras and Golem: 42k (or something)

Here is my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cruxos/characters

I know I have to switch out at least one of the rings and I still have to take 3 or 4 jewel slots.

Teach me, master.
Last edited by Cruxos on Mar 8, 2017, 2:12:31 AM
Looking at your skill tree, seems like you could trade some HP/def nodes for additional melee/physical damage nodes that you currently have unallocated (at start of the duelist tree and after the path of the warrior node). That'd give you an approx +50% dmg increase (for reduced health/armor).
Last edited by Spk on Mar 8, 2017, 4:28:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info