Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

Subclasses look badass :D
What keywords do traps have?

Can they be blocked, spell blocked, dodged, spell dodged, or evaded?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
HOLY!

FUCK!

and here I thought the times of super-excitement were gone.
well done...you did it again! :-/

Spoiler
Seriously, that looks fucking amazing!
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Very psyched about this!

Adding to the customizability of a build and having more effects that can interact with each other will make building characters even more fun and interesting!
I also like that it will give a bit more flexibility with weapon choices and passive points when doing some build types.
For instance giving those extra crit nodes to the one shadow ascendant would free up some crit nodes from the tree (from the passive tree teaser, it seems there are some crit nodes missing anyway o.O)

Anyway, GREAT JOB GGG! You guys are awesome!
"
Moose65 wrote:
This subclasses worry me.....it almost seems like were losing some customization.

This is how I feel. I've always been hyped for every expansion since CB but this leaves me feeling a bit unsure. I have a bad feeling about those Ascendancy/Prestige classes. I don't mind grind, RNG or complex skill systems, but that looks like it'll essentially force you to do a certain type of content (the labyrinths) to be viable now, rather than offering it as another aspect of the game.

I don't know, I'll still try it at least and I'm still hyped for Talisman.
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Nov 20, 2015, 4:28:14 PM
Two things I always wanted in PoE, Environmental Traps, and a mega-dungeon. Ascendancy classes are just... It's all the things that would be too powerful to put on the standard passive tree. Hnnng.
My hat is off to you guys, and it's applauding.

Also, a few questions.
-When dying in the labyrinth on a softcore character, you just have to restart the labyrinth and not the character, right? Articles seem to suggest the latter.
(Further articles say otherwise)

-Are traps neutral? Do they all damage monsters? (The lava type trap states that it doesn't effect certain monster types, examples?)
(Answer is yes)

-Are the Trials of Ascendancy located in random/specific areas throughout Wraeclast, or all in one location?
(Seems to be random, having to find them)

-Do you have to clear the Trials in each difficulty? (In other words, 18 Trials?)
(Seems to be yes)

-If you corrupt an enchanted item and get a corrupted implicit, does it replace the enchantment or does the item get two implicits?
(Need a dev response on this one)

-Does each Trial have a boss?
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Nov 20, 2015, 5:47:47 PM
Awsome!!
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Dont like those traps :(

Those trap rooms looks like corrupted areas.... Can you add some big dungeons??
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Last edited by Alabamak on Nov 20, 2015, 4:26:13 PM
So, im gonna make some assumptions here, based on my understanding of recent announcements and experience on previous ones:
1. Ascendancy will start around 1st of march 2016, so the next challenge league introducing Talismans (and some new/reworks skills) and starting early December will last at least 3 months, most likely 4.
2. The Labyrinth will be an optional area in each difficulty (think hedge maze, which got dully skipped by 90% of players base) which will behave like a semi-hardcore area, resetting you at beginning with each death, might or might not incurring some sort of penalty, probably difficulty related.
3. Reward for finishing the optional Labyrinth in each difficulty will award 2 skill points (so a total of 6) to be allocated in the prestige class, enhancing the general class of the char.
4. I don't think that death in Labyrinth will send HC characters to Standard.
5. Since Labyrinth map layout will be same for all players during a 24h interval, will make it possible to share info, tips etc on how to beat different sections; like tempest/warbands reporting style.

feel free to add/cut to this list :)
omg.. HYPE.... cant wait to check that out... this looks freaking awsome...

GOOD JOB :D

Poe gets NEVER boring :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info