Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

Wow! Really impressed with where it's going. Looks like there will be more of a reason to play a certain class over others now other than just skill tree placement. Only concern I could see is builds that have common ground sharing. Example: Mines. A mine character can easily be a witch or a shadow given their location on the tree and the nodes they need to be successful. A witch mine layer is going to suffer the lack of not having access to the Saboteur Ascendancy.

I'm sure there will be another Ascendancy that will be beneficial, but it does make it more challenging to pick a class when starting. Especially if you don't know what ascendancy skills will be provided when you make a character.

As someone else stated I can see this being a double edged sword. Great for powering up fringe builds in interesting ways, but the vast majority will do the Poison Arrow/Explosive arrow things we have now... Meaning, while there will be tons of cool and fun builds, the best will likely be the simplest.

We'll see how power creep from Ascendancy is dealt with.
"
peachii wrote:
Great job GGG, this sounds really exciting. Makes me want to pout and cry that my computer is broken and I was already not coping so well with not being able to game on it.

I feel for you. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play. PoE is my anchor during the storms of delusions I face on a daily basis. I hope you can start gaming again soon.
Judging from the cut crit nodes near shadow and amazing crit in ascendancy class, it seems like we would just need to grind through 3x Labyrinth to get the good nodes. Which really constrains customization and creativity.

... Then again, GGG has always outperformed my expectations.
i love you guyssssssssssssss..
IGN ; DENTAGRAM
thanks to http://poe.xyz.is/
https://cldly.com/pathofexile/procument/acquisition/poexyz
GGG, can you please decrease the mana cost of skills? Even in your own developer videos, Jonathan couldn't keep his attacks up. Sure he seems like a pretty mediocre player but a 200 mana per second lighting arrow just isn't what we need.
Those new nodes are really powerful. Quite a big leap in character progression.
I wonder how it's going to play out.
Absolutely loving the detail in the labyrinth sections. The idea of it changing daily and running a leaderboard for best times seems like a brilliant answer to a repeatable race that can be started at the users own timeframe. it doesn't give TOO much advantage to people who have played for 36 hours straight when someone who works all week comes home to play on the weekend.

The ascended versions of the Exiles look awesome, 19 seems a wierd number though. Which exiles aren't getting a full compliment of 3 ascendants? any particular reasons behind that?

More buffs to playing non-crit, or going for DoT type builds is looking increasinigly like this expansion will be a massively diverse playing field.

Just a small quibble. The necromancer ascended version is able to take a buff which increases based on the number of zombies. Wouldn't it have made for more choice if this were for skeletons instead (probably have to lower the numbers though). Most every summoner will pick zombies into their build anyway, skellies are in a really bad place.
One think i dislike is juggernaut..... why everyone thinks that tanky means melee ??.... i would use juggernaut with my bow marauder but the fortify thinks makes it meh for me
It seems interesting but I am not sure how I feel about that power creep and what it means for likely monster scaling. As well as the fact one of the main new features seems to be limited to a glorified daily. I could be wrong on this though as I haven't read every news coverage bit just yet.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Nov 20, 2015, 4:53:27 PM
Pc Gamer has factually wrong info saying this expansion brings permadeath to all if they don't beat the Labrynth
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Nov 20, 2015, 4:53:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info