Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"
pro_zealot wrote:
GGG it's time to make choose PoE classic in options(ACT1-4). And this new "expansion" becouse not everyone whant to play new style of gameplay (labyrynth and traps).

This is just an assumption (I have not watched all of the videos yet) but I believe the new content in Ascendancy will be completely optional. Especially the Labyrinth, since it resets daily. Consider it something there for you that can give you powerful rewards if you invest time into it similar to Forsaken Masters. You can play the entire game ignoring every master you come across and still enjoy Forsaken Master content by using stuff released during its expansion (and buying crafting services).
Bring back race seasons.
"
kaern wrote:

Players will not be able to play bow marauder, or two-hander shadow, or trapper witch
because trapper shadow + saboteur will be more powerful than other, and so on.

we got same restrictions now, it just defined by position in the skillthree - no use for maradeur with 7 power charges or CI, or BM shadow, etc etc

we just got new powers - and they seems too op
Last edited by zebaot on Nov 21, 2015, 4:50:49 AM
"
SmilingKnight wrote:
Hello. Can you just tell me plz. Third ranger class will be for melee build or not?
Why would I play melee ranger now (91 lvl atm) if its possibly "dead" already?

The Raider class specialization can be used for melee Rangers. While it's not built specifically for them, it's better than nothing. It seems the Ranger identity is going to lean much more towards bows and projectiles.
Bring back race seasons.
This is getting ridiculous, come on guys I DON'T WANT TO PLAY JUMP AND RUN GAME :(
It is time to add more end game content, you made something so close to perfect and you are just ruing it.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

P.S.: you just needed to fix desync(like you did) and add some more end game contend .... and afterwards move on to the next game/project. IT IS TIME!
Patches that modify the skill tree come with free respecs. I wonder if Ascension will offer Exile Class respecs because I imagine any high level non-witch summoner would be a lil-peev'd if not. I myself am wondering if there'll be a totem Ascension... if so it will likely be for Templar which would screw me. Food for thought.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Nov 21, 2015, 4:59:45 AM
2.2 = best addition to poe yet, ascendancy sub classes are gonna blow minds. i want em now!
congrats devs and thanks :)
These ascendancy classes look very nice but they do limit your options.
You will now pick a class based on ascendancy class and not based on a skill tree.
This is a HUGE shift.
You should allow every class to have access to ascendancy class of the class near him.
So for marauder you should allow duelist and templar ascendancy classes. Or at least 1 or 2 options if not all three.
The most interesting thing are the ascendance classes. At first i thought it will limit your classes a bit. F.e. the duellist my favorite class was allways the class that focused most on weapons. So now I think slayer is best for two handed (melee?) weapons, gladiator for dual wield (also wand?) and shield builds and bleed, and champion is the best way for archer or any unsure builds. Am I right?
It's nice, but idk why can't you make one announcment on official site instead of placing parts of it on different sites
So much stuff to read, all those new talents asdjkasdakdl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info