Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

Amazing !!! great job ;)
Looks just fantastic. Absolutely stunning with how much the team came up with in such short time period.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
So is this for free, or are Ascendancy Classes MTX?
Did not yet watch the vid or read anything.

This will be introduced into the core game (which means across all leagues), free for everyone
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Wow.. even I who usually don´t like new stuff have to already say I´m pretty sure I´m buying next supporter pack (which I hope is going to be possible to buy since talisman league start, not since expansion start). I won´t be able to play much because I graduate early next year (last year of high school) so I´m abit sad about that. Anyway can´t wait for things comming all looks pretty epic! Only thing I keep crossing my mind, I have seen I think all videos and don´t think it had been said anywhere. I HOPE! It will be possible to change that "sub class" I mean, you don´t want char to be forever fixed to some kind of builds with dramatical balance changes comming every patch.. Just think about it for example you have build you enjoy, you get level 97+ witch with necromancer sub-class. Then summoner nerf comes and you want to finish 100 but you will be forced to play summoners only even tho it won´t be good abynire. (just an example). You don´t want any class to be fixed to something right? :) Love the idea of sub classes btw. Reminds me when I played Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
_Amaranth_ wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
How are people somehow mistaking an addition to the game as something that reduces their options? I seriously don't understand... there are literally more options because of ascendancy. It doesn't take anything away. Just, huh?

The thinking is:

These new bonuses are available, therefore the game difficulty will be balanced around players having them (so as to not let this just be a free upgrade to all player's abilities). Therefore, if you play without making much use of them by playing a build that doesn't make the most (or, at least, much) use of them, then your build will, in effect, be weaker when these are introduced than it is currently. Since your build will be weaker at that time, you will feel forced to play another build that takes more advantage of these ascendancy bonuses.

Does that help explain it?

I think some builds will gain from them more than others, it's like Titan quest dual class system where some builds only take minor stuff from the 2nd class tree chosen.

Personally I think it is giving back a bit of class distinction that it was severely lacking when compared to other arpg, when all said and done you still have a lot more freedom than the others.

Some are minor. Some are major. As an example, see Inevitable Judgment for the Templar (https://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jK4c6J0vJCrJYtE7U.qGBA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3NtPTE-/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/games/2015-11-20/28a63730-8fc1-11e5-be51-79baee8d1768_inquisitor-skills-smaller.jpg).

To me, that's potentially strong enough to feel compelled to play Templar instead of Witch if I build a critical elemental damage caster build. Then again, perhaps other options for the Witch (or other classes) will be equally compelling. I really want to see the other trees, so that I can quell my concerns or prepare to start building from the Templar start.
@GGG, Will there finally be an MTX for removing the duelist red shirt so he can be bare chested for going gladiator ascension?
From my point of view, this will be the worst expansion.
First of all, it kills the core advantage of POE - divercity.
Now, player who going to act as summoner, must choose witch and ascend into "necromancer" subclass.
Player who prefers traps - must specialize as "sabouter", and so on.
Hence, the class-less, multi-skills system, which is a true brilliant among other ARPG systems, turns into dumb and typical class system.

Players will not be able to play bow marauder, or two-hander shadow, or trapper witch
because trapper shadow + saboteur will be more powerful than other, and so on.
Last edited by kaern on Nov 21, 2015, 4:21:51 AM
GGG it's time to make choose PoE classic in options(ACT1-4). And this new "expansion" becouse not everyone whant to play new style of gameplay (labyrynth and traps).
Just a reminder: "We want to be different from other games you shouldn't be locked on certain builds by picking your character, you should be able to create a casting Marauder" -2012

"Screw it we create Ascendancy subclasses now it matters what Class you pick" -2015
Last edited by Hilbert on Nov 21, 2015, 4:24:18 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I'm pretty sure removing the ability of marauders and rangers to be casters, or other classes to be summoners
These things are definitely not being removed. But Marauder casters and Ranger casters will have access to different ascendancies to take advantage of that will mean they likely play differently to each other.

Hello. Can you just tell me plz. Third ranger class will be for melee build or not?
Why would I play melee ranger now (91 lvl atm) if its possibly "dead" already?
Last edited by SmilingKnight on Nov 21, 2015, 4:44:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info